Grissom and Sara; #35 Forever Together, Never Apart

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by HellsBells, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

^^^
    Yeah, that was 'Big Middle'. The lady thought Grissom was gay, I think. lol. And wasn't that the scene Grissom actually said he wanted a girlfriend? :hugegrin: I also loved the scene with Greg and Sara and Grissom simulating the body weight suffocation experiment in the garage. Cute.
    Season 5 was definitely the season of change for GSR, moving it in the right direction.

Great points on the GSR fan test:
    Yep, I have a GSR playlist on my itunes and youtube. :)
    Anytime there is a shaving scene in a book or movie or tv show, I think of them. 'Do you trust me?' Always.
    Office romance? Check.
    Screen saver and wallpaper, GSR photo slide show? Check.
    And, I still love analyzing old episodes for any presence of GSR. :D

My addition to the 'You know you're a GSR fan' test: GSR fanfiction has become my summer comfort reading material, everywhere I go. It's always accessible with my iphone or laptop. :) There are some amazingly talented writers out there; many have retired, but the older stories are still enjoyable and often make me nostalgic.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah, me too. I keep rereading a couple in particular, even though one really puts poor Gil through a LOT. I won't discuss it much here, but I need a fix somehow while they aren't onscreen lol

3. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I love GSR stories where Gil is put through a lot. Makes him seem less emotionally robotic like he was on the show, but that's just my opinion.

I guess GSR fans are stuck in the world of ffs to get our fix unless CBS decides to make that mini-series I've been suggesting (I figure maybe if I keep repeating it, someone from CBS will take note).

4. biletci23

biletci23 Victim

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
  5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

lol
    Yeah. I like the stories where Gil is put through the wringer. Seriously, what woman in RL would have put up with him over the years?! I know he is the beloved bugman, but still....there were many times that he made my WTF list.
    I guess that's why he had to go through a total breakdown in his final episodes. Fanfiction writers were just ahead of the game, and they didn't have to deal with tptb. :)
    At least he redeemed himself in the end, and turned out to be quite the romantic hero.

I recently watched Anatomy of a Lye. A very nice early GSR episode. I like the episodes where Grissom and Sara are interviewing a suspect. They are so in tune with each other. :adore:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

From tvline.com:
    (Spoiler tags to be safe)

CSI | Given the news that Season 12 (premiering Wednesday, Sept. 21) is very likely Marg Helgenberger’s last, it’d stand to reason that William Petersen might make an encore, playing Gil to her Catherine. But as of Wednesday, when I spoke to show boss Carol Mendelsohn, nothing yet was set in stone. “Listen, every year we go to Billy – it’s sort of like a pilgrimage – to say, ‘Will you come back?’ Last year we were successful, and he came back for that one episode [via Skype with wife Sara].” And now? “We talked to Billy a few weeks ago, and he was talking about what Gil might cook for dinner for Sara — and he said ‘grilled cheese went very well with beer’ – so you never know. I mean, they are married, and we’d like the audience to be able to see Gil and Sara sometime.” So cross those fingers!

Now, who here wouldn't love to see that?! :lol: Kind of goes along with the domestic scene we have on our GSR Wish List for next season. Hank included, of course. :)
    Keep trying, Carol!

7. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I would love to see a domestic scene between Gil and Sara, but the grilled cheese and beer thing seems really juvenile for GSR. Hopefully, Billy was joking or maybe:shifty: he was a little tipsy when they interviewed him since he mentioned beer. Billy needs to remember to interview responsibly.:lol:

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Well, we know WP says alot of things tongue-in-cheek. So it's sometimes hard to take him too seriously without context. Maybe the grilled cheese is just a little private dig at her being a vegetarian. Or maybe it just means she really is that easy to cook for. I have actually had some very good gourmet grilled cheeses lately. I think that's the new fad since vegetarianism is more prevalent. (And, personally, I LOVE anything my husband will make for me, big or small. :lol:)
    And, we do know Jorja likes her beer. :)

I don't really care what they are eating; I just want to actually see them together.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  9. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I would also love to see Sara & Grissom on-screen together again, beyond just merely seeing each other via web-cam from thousands of miles apart.

It's upsetting that we're facing the prospect of Catherine Willows leaving this season but I take consolation that when it comes to pairings, they've done a nice job closing out GSR as a regular pairing on the TV-Show and that William Petersen's time as a regular was nicely closed out and left me happy. :)

10. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I would also really love to see Grissom with Sara at some point in the flesh. It doesn't have to big moment like the Costa Rica scene, but just something, anything. GSR is unconventional, but that doesn't mean there can't be some unconventional romance for the two of them also.
    Maybe they could show the two of them watching that cocoon that Grissom gave her in season seven (let's pretend butterflies take 3-4 years to hatch) and as they hold hands and say something cute/clever, the cocoon hatches(do butterflies hatch???) and a beautiful butterfly comes out, fades to black. But that might be too much for tv.

I have nothing on grilled cheese and beer, but the idea of grilled cheese and beer being GSR's first meal together as a couple shown to the fans seems too out there for me. Grilled cheese, fine. Beer, alrighty. But the both of them together, no can do.:lol:

11. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Well, I haven't posted in a while so I thought I might as well let you know I'm still breathing! I'm embarrassed to say I haven't been keeping up with CSI as much as I used to, but I'm still holding out as much hope as ever for a lovely GSR moment :)

Aside from GSR, I'm excited at the general prospects of the coming season, especially with Ted Danson joining the cast. I was one of those few people who actually watched "Becker" way back when and haven't really seen anything since. So good times all around considering I've never had much of an illimitable interest in Laurence Fishburne.

I've heard the odd mention of GSR rumours here and there, and am becoming increasingly excited for the new season (even if it does mark Marg's last).

12. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Hey, JorjaFoxFan, I'm sorry to say I've never seen you around:(, but it's always nice to have another Jorja fan on the forums.

I'm glad to hear you still have some GSR hope alive since most of everyone else have lost the faith of nerdy romance. Here's hoping there will be some kind of scene between Grissom and Sara next season that doesn't involve a web camera.:lol:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  13. MacsGirlMel

I still hope they get him back for one episode, but it may be a lot harder now. And I wouldn't count on several in a row...it's always possible, but he'll be wanting to spend a lot of time with his family.

14. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

:confused:Are you talking about Grissom wanting to be with his family or Billy?
    I've been praying to tptb to bring Gil back for at least one episode but multiple episodes? If Billy comes back for multiple episodes...the world will literally stop spinning.:lol:

15. MacsGirlMel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.