Grissom and Sara; #35 Forever Together, Never Apart

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by HellsBells, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

They need to have Grissom come to Vegas, or Sara go to France (the latter will probably be off-screen), because the only plausible way to keep Sara in Vegas is to have them get together every so often. TPTB seem to have forgotten the two are married.

2. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Sara said in The Two Mrs Grissoms they talk every day and see each other at least once a month, she's probably in Peru seeing him when she's not in an ep

Well they don't need to address the their married in every ep she's in, I'm fine with that plus non GSR fans wouldn't like that

And WP is supposed to make an appearance this season, and my guess is when Grissom comes back, he will stay in LV (off screen) and teach or something like in fanfics

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I would like to see tptb have Grissom come back to LV to work off-screen, teaching or something. I understand the consulting business he is doing, and I'm okay with that to some degree, but the writers do seem to go out of their way to tell us he is out of the country. So why can't we also know when he is home, via a phone call or a reference from Sara? I don't necessarily need to see him at home (although that would be awesome and I am continually hoping for an appearance from WP), but I do think viewers would like to know when he is home on occasion.
    Hopefully, this season we will get a domestic scene with Gil and Sara at home, with Hank, eating grilled cheese sandwiches and drinking beer. :D Or having dinner with Mama Grissom. Or anything else that will get Billy and Jorja on screen together again. :)

4. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I got the impression from The Two Mrs. Grissoms that he did live in Vegas now, but travelled a lot for his research/consulting. It makes sense that way, but we don't see him on the show anymore because he's not involved with investigating crimes anymore. If he hadn't been delayed out of the country in TTMG, then the situation would've warranted a larger role than Billy probably wanted to come back for, so they had to make an excuse for him not being there.

I just assume anytime he's not mentioned, it means he's happily at home (with Hank of course), doing something bug-related while waiting for Sara to get home from work. :)

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Yeah, I assume the same thing. And I also agree with you about his home being in LV; and I assume that Sara is taking care of Hank while Grissom is off consulting. I just want to see something or hear something about him being home. Even something as mundane as fixing dinner or walking the dog would do; or even better, meeting Sara and the gang for breakfast. :)

6. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Can you imagine Grissom sitting at home looking at the clock while cuddling Hank and thinking, "Ten more minutes. Just ten more minutes and Sara will be home." Too cute.:) I think Hank makes everything Grissom/Sara do that much cuter. Imagine if Sara and Grissom were walking Hank together and Sara got called in.:eek: I can't even begin to imagine the potential cuteness in that scene.

7. Liv89

Liv89 Dead on Arrival

Hi Im new to this and the forum as a whole and just wanted to give my opinion on GSR. Personally im a fan of GSR, and feel that for the most part it has been handled well. There has always been a good balance between GSR and the rest of the show which is good. I do think that GSR going long distance was not necessarily the best move but was necessary due to Jorja fox's decision to return to CSI. Its not that i dont think that the long distance thing is realistic (actually this thread has made me a lot more convinced that its realistic and that it fits the characters) and was fine with it when sara wa supposedly going back and forth between vegas and paris. I just feel that its unrealistic for there never to have been a time where sara missed grissom or vice versa especially since he's been working in peru and sara has been more permanently based in vegas. i think it would make it seem most realistic if at some point there was moment where sara tells grissom (via webcam or letter) that she misses him. Also today I watched Leaving Las Vegas from season 7 where grissom leaves for his sabbatical, in that episode both sara and grissom seem very upset when grissom leaves and like they are going to miss each other a lot and thats only for 4 weeks. SO how come three seasons later they are totally happy with being long distance - i appreciate their relationship will have developed in that time and sara has had time to deal with her past but i still dont believe that they would be that content with being long distance. Im also skeptical that sara could have completely dealt with her issues/past because noone who goes through any trauma in their adulthood let alone childhood would ever be able to fully get over it. BUt thats another story so i wont ramble any further. Sorry if iv rambled too much or repeated stuff that already been talked about, im just a newbie wanting to get involved and give my opinion :)

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

^^^
    Welcome to the forum, Liv89.
    You make some very good points that I think most of us would agree with. I am hoping that we will see or hear Grissom more this season. Spoilers indicate WP will be appearing at some point during the season to help with Marg's exit, so hopefully we will get some of those nice GSR scenes that will show that they miss each other when he's not in LV. Or, in my world, he returns to LV to teach, or something, in order to be closer to his wife. :)

9. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Interesting question Liv, I think in LLV they were sad because couldn't say or that case kiss goodbye and all like most because they were at the lab and someone would probably see

"We've been talking to Jorja Fox about Sara and Grissom - Look for clues to where Grissom's been and where he's heading" - Good to know :D

"Billy says Grissom has been working on perfecting his grilled cheese sandwiches. May surprise Sara with one." :lol:

"Don says, we've talked about meeting Sara's mom since meeting Mrs Grissom. Maybe an episode called "The In-Laws" - I know not exactly a GSR spoiler but it would probably mean some GSR :)

10. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I think in LLV, too, there was a lot of insecurity and uncertainty of what the relationship was and where it was going, on both sides, but maybe more so for Sara. It was the first time they were going to be apart since they started their relationship. Now, with marriage, and probably better communication, there is a lot more trust and security between them.

Love those spoilers, sharp!
    The first one sounds like the CSI version of 'Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?' (in this case, Gil Grissom). :lol:
    I hope we see all of those that were mentioned. I like that Jorja and Billy are both involved with the storyline still.
    'The In-Laws' LOL. That would be interesting. Sounds like a reason for Grissom to be purposefully AWOL again!

11. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I love how you say "probably", jafox. That perfectly sums up the GSR situation for the future. The fans are thinking, "Maybe there will be a scene in the future, preferably in the near future." TPTB is thinking, "Grissom and Sara will physically reunite in the same scene probably by the time the show ends.":lol:

12. Liv89

Liv89 Dead on Arrival

I totally appreciate that grissom and sara's relationship has developed/matured and therefore they are more comfortable being apart than in season 7. I just believe that having a scene where it is clear that they miss each other would make GSR seem well rounded and realistic as after all i dont think there is anyone in real life who has been in a long distance relationship and never missed their other half.

I somehow doubt we are going to see a lot of grissom in the near future as it would be a rather strange career move for billy to return to acting on csi on a permanent or semi permanent basis considering he now has baby twins. However im definitely looking forward to seeing him (however briefly!) in marg's exit episode(s) and i hope we get a chance to sara and grissom together.

13. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I've known a few couples in long-distance situations, and none of them have visibly pined away over not being together. I was in a long-distance relationship for two years myself, and between chatting online and phone calls, plus each being busy with our own lives, I don't recall missing him all that much. Granted, my relationship didn't last, but another couple I knew were married and living in different countries for over two years, and now they're living together happily (finally got the immigration thing settled :)).

Maybe that's why I find it so easy to accept GSR as it is - even before TTMG showed it, I always assumed they were in contact, just not while Sara was on the job, so we never saw it.

Before she left, I really hated how clingy and insecure Sara had become, so I'm glad to see her not that way anymore. I think it makes it much more likely that they'll stay together.

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I know Sara was insecure in her relationship with Grissom early on (and with good reason), but I never really saw her as 'clingy' or 'needy' like some did. I never got the impression that she needed him, but that she just wanted a relationship with him. She happened to fall for a guy who was so obtuse in dealing with his emotions, or any personal stuff, that I think Sara knew she had to be the aggressor. She got shot down on several occasions, but I don't think she ever really gave up. She was beyond patient, but in the end she realized she had to let him figure it out for himself.
    Kudos to the writers, and Billy and Jorja, for creating a strong couple without sacrificing their individuality. I admit to always wanting more GSR scenes, but I'm also happy to see Sara back on her own. Here's hoping for some Gil/Sara scenes this season. :)

15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

This was from a recent interview posted on CSI Files with Jorja. It does address GSR in this paragraph:

Sad that she misses Billy, and Sara misses Grissom, and so do we.
    Still, it's nice to hear that Sara and Grissom are happily married and very much in love. I would really, really like to see some of that on the show this season. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.