Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

If it is CSI, it makes sense to jump a few months at least. Open with Ray's answer to the question to give closure there, then fast-forward to after all the fallout is over, rather than spending a whole episode dwelling on it; just see the end results, and get right back to solving normal cases again.

Eighteen months seems a bit long a jump for CSI though - they're usually set on or close to the actual air date, so a jump like that would put the show a year in the future. :wtf:

It's so vague, it could be any show. :lol: That's why they do it though, to keep everyone, and every fan base, talking over the summer. :)

2. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

My first thought was SVU...

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

It'll post tonight. :)

4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

YES! :hugegrin:

5. Inxs

Inxs Lab Technician

Or House

6. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Nice interview Shane. Love Liz Devine....

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

As you're probably aware, my interviews with Elizabeth Devine and Dustin Lee Abraham are now posted.

I also spoke with Louise Lombard (Sofia Curtis), who tells me this in regards to a possible return next season:

8. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

read the interview.

This bothers me is that the replacement for LF will be a leader, CSI already has two well established and qualified leaders in Catherine and Nick why do we need to screw with that? I may be in the minority but IMO if it's not Grissom coming back to lead then let Nick (who is already supervisor) do it.

I like that CM said CSI would go back to case of the week. Its the way the show began and its the way it should be, I never cared for the story arcs involving the same characters. No more serial killers!!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  9. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

Great interviews! :)

Good news, I'm glad they've already got it planned out.

Good news, I'd got used to the idea of her being in the show so I would have been disappointed if they'd decided to drop the character. The show needs some new female blood and I liked the quirky attitude Morgan brought in her ep, I think she'll mesh with the other characters well.

Will have to wait and see whether this is good news or bad. I wasn't one that was adamant Nick should be promoted, I didn't mind either way, but it needs to be handled well. So, does this mean we'll be waiting until Catherine has left before this new character will be introduced? My first thoughts were that was a good move as having two new characters at once might be difficult, but then it didn't work out well in season nine splitting the new characters by half a season!

Great news, I like season long arcs but I think CSI has done enough of them for the time being (and last seasons was poor). A two parter would be welcome though :)

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I was not one adamant about Nick being the next supervisor too. Personally I can only see them bringing in a star as the leader of the team. We see that it didn't work when a star is brought in and not made a leader but acts like one anyway, with Ray. It annoyed so many of us. At least if they are the leader it makes more sense for them to give orders and work so many cases.

I'm glad to hear this too. We've had the last three seasons have a story arc. We need a break from it. Hopefully they will also do an A & B case way too and that way the characters are more evenly used.

I really wonder how many eps Marg will do before she departs?

Nice interviews, vegaslights!

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Thanks for the interviews!

It sounds like it will be an interesting season, with some changes that will hopefully help the show. I'm glad to see Morgan will be back. I liked her interactions with Sara. In fact, she reminded me of how Sara was at the start of the series; some attitude and geek-ness, and a history with someone already in the department.

I'm glad they don't seem to be in a big hurry to replace LF. Hopefully, it will be done realistically and organically, and gradually, maybe as things unravel after Ray's interrogation with IA. I don't mind a new 'leader' if it is done right. I don't really want someone with a mysterious past; just someone 'normal', but interesting.

Catherine's exit arc will take precedence over a season long serial killer arc. Good. And, I do believe that WP will be back some to send Marg off and give some continuity to Grissom and Sara's marriage. Hopefully, that's in the works and may be the 'well-guarded' secret.

Not a lot of concrete information in those interviews, but enough to get me excited about next season. Good work, Shane. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  12. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Maybe what Dustin meant by "leader" is someone with leadership qualities. Someone who isn't necessarily a leader in the sense that he or she is number one.

13. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

I hope so, Princess. I really don't want to see the show try to shove another "name" down our throats because it never sets right with the fans. Fishburne flopped. Cibrian flopped. I personally think Ward has been doing great on NY, but some fans are still ticked at her. The best cast additions, like Togo on Miami and Belknap on NY, are when they bring in newbies and give them time to develop chemistry with the established cast members. I'd like them to get a younger guy like Kevin Alejandro, Mike Vogel, Logan Marshall-Green, or Enver Gjokaj, and have him be some gung-ho new recruit who was always at the top of his class and possibly even an Iraqi/Afghan veteran. That way, they can show the team and him go through some growing pains when he charges into something and gets his a$$ in a crack. :lol:

14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Eddie Cibrian "flopped" because he replaced Adam Rodriguez and people wouldn't give him a chance and then when AR came back they just dumped him. I don't think it was because he was a "name" who was "shoved down our throats." Sela Ward is pretty much disliked by bitter Mac/Stella shippers because they won't give her a chance, but most non-shipping fans on this board have welcomed the addition and some even like her better than Melina. Togo worked because he was brought in as someone who conflicted with Delko and wasn't seen as a threat to the Speed/Delko friendship. I would argue that Belknap isn't accepted because there are a lot of viewers (like me) who think the character was NOT developed and has NO chemistry with the established cast members.

I think it is very possible to bring in a "name" actor to replace Fishburne. I think Fishburne himself was accepted even though he is a "name" actor but TPTB just didn't present the character correctly. IMO it's not so much about the actor (although getting a good one is important) but about the way the character is written. I don't even think it's so much about screen time (although there are some fans who will have their stop watches out to time it to the second compared with their favorite character) as much as it is about the way the character is written.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I just saw this and thought I'd bring it over. I apologize if someone has already posted about it.

According to this quote, soon-to-be-former Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman will be on CSI in the fall.

Source

He's been on the show before, most recently in "Sqweegel."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.