Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I never said they didn't mean it, I said just because they say something doesn't mean it's what the believe.

They could have meant it and they also could have not meant it.

You're a Ray fan and think the character brought something to the show and I don't and either do the majority of the fans.

And no, I don't think it's repulsive :rolleyes:, and I don't hate LF :rolleyes:. Where I have ever said that? :rolleyes: I actually liked the character of Ray and have said that before, I just don't like the way tptb handled his character, dumbed down the other characters, and changed the feel of the show for the character of Ray.

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Actually, Jorja was the first to say she was tired of the daily grind (which she had been doing for 11+ years straight on tv) and needed to 'get off the ride' for a while, try other things, and also needed a break from the darkness of the show. Also, she wanted more time with friends and family. Then WP and Marg said essentially the same things when they were talking about leaving.

There were all kinds of speculations and reports all summer as to why Jorja was leaving. I think people thought these were based on facts because no one was able to address those rumors til after Dead Doll aired. Her fans' reactions by sending the money was similar to what the GE fans are doing here when they say 'Pay him what he's worth!', or 'he deserves to be the lead!'. But, Jorja specifically stated in her interviews after DD aired that it wasn't about money, or even contractual issues. She loved the show, she loved the people she worked with, and she enjoyed her storylines and her character. It was the end of her contract and she just wasn't ready to sign back on for the work and the long hours at that time. Maybe she also wanted a break from being under the network's thumb.

I'm not really sure why you won't believe her. Obviously, she left for personal reasons, and it seemed to be on good terms with the show and the network, otherwise they wouldn't have asked her back.

ETA: Ok, I'll admit to being totally confused by the point of the following conversation: :lol:

Quote:

It goes with what I say that just because the actors 'say' they were happy LF was brought in doesn't mean they 'actually' mean it.

Or, they actually did mean it. But that thought is so repulsive to everyone who hates LF/Ray that, again, you believe what you want to believe, whether it has basis in actual fact or not.

I never said they didn't mean it, I said just because they say something doesn't mean it's what the believe.

They could have meant it and they also could have not meant it.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  3. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Is there some official documentation, poll or whatever that states that the "majority" of fans did not think that Ray added anything to the show?

Adding to JTD94's post, and I have nothing official but I believe there was much talk that Jorja was suppose to die at the end of Living Doll and that no one liked her. I think that is why her statements about leaving because of the grind was not generally accepted.

Sorry if this goes beyond what we should be talking about in this thread...

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

That's actually not the same thing. GE fans haven't sent money to the producers so they can pay him what she wanted.

Obviously, those Jorja fans believed the rumors that she wanted more money and didn't get it.

I mean, I'm sorry, that's messed up. Also, there aren't rumors going around that he's leaving the show.

I don't doubt that Jorja wanted a break, but I don't believe that was her motivation. That's what I believe and no one really knows the truth.

Personally, I think some truth will come out when the show ends and no one is under contract obligations.

And no one will escape :lol:, not even George. :lol:

As for your confusion, I don't blame you. :lol: I'm just trying to point out that because everyone says the loved working LF and was happy he was brought to the show doesn't actually mean they 'mean' it.

It's called 'office politics'. What we hear isn't always the truth. Now I wasn't saying that the actors weren't telling the truth, I'm just saying that just because they 'said' doesn't mean it's true.

Ok, did I confuse you more? :lol:

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

season 12 start date via CBS's CSI Twitter page

and also at cbspressexpress.com

Susan

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

On how the rest of the cast felt about Laurence Fishburne. George Eads said "he was one of my favorite actors" and was thrilled he came on the show, now knowing his blunt in your fact comments, I have to believe that he was truthful, he didn't have to say anything. Jorja also said similar comments, and said she'd watched many of his movies, and "the first day he walked on the set she was shaking, and to her self said "OMG, it's LF and he's coming towards me, then we had eye contact way to long, and threw her head back in laughter:rommie:She said she looked deep into his soul and saw nothing but kindness" she is a spiritual gal. I had the YouTube video with her talking about him but alas it's disapeared. Also she didn't have to say anything that intense. And we all know what Marg recently said about him leaving, [it's on our "news files"], as well as her statement "We won't complain because the arrival of Laurence was a gift. I admre him alot, and I'm a big fan. He's very professional. He said he was nervous on arrival, and I'm sure he was! But it has worked out well. Laurence is a team layer & he's not the type to come on the set and say I'm doing them a big favor by being here"
    http://allaboutmarg.com/wordp/?p=17105 And Liz Vassey said "I'm talent struck by Laurence..it's like somebody didn't tell him he's LF she said. "He cares about people on a level you don't experience with alot of actors. It's if he has perspective. He takes the skill seriously & the job serious, but he doesn't take himself seriously..you can tell there's alot going on in his head" http://blogs.tampabay.com/media/2009/01/can-laurence-fi.html

I also am on a LF forum and Facebook, and the fans are heartbroken because of his departure. If fans on here didn't like him, that doesn't speak for the complete fan base around the world~

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

You've missed the point entirely. What was said is that what people say and what they actually feel can be two different things. Reposting quotes from the cast members and bolding them like you've done 847 times before really has nothing to do with the point that was made. It's actually the equivalent to putting your fingers in your ears and saying, "Lalalalalala, I can't hear you!"

It's true that this board doesn't speak for the entire fanbase. It's just as true that and LF forum and Facebook page don't speak for the entire fanbase. No one can say what a "majority" of fans think or feel without polling every single viewer of the show and that is impossible.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I haven't ever posted these comments from Liz or Marg,& her comments are brand new on our "news files"' so thye've never been posted here either. I was responding to the discussion as others were. Everyone is entitled to their views, beliefs. And I totally "get the point", if one doesn't have anything nice to say then....., and a fan has the right to what the other cast members have stated, I think that is the point:confused:And a "thank you for the links" would have been courteous~

9. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

This is exactly my point, thank you.

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Since there is not much spoiler activity going on right now and since things appear to be getting a little heated in here, we're going to close up shop for a bit.

11. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Any word on when Vegaslights is going to post the interview to give us something to talk about?

12. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Okay this could be a possible spoiler, could be CSI, maybe not, one never knows

From Ausiello

Blind Item: Show Takes A Flying Leap

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Soonish. I thought it would be up yesterday but as you can tell it's not. Hopefully very, very soon!

14. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

With regards to the article, sharp posted.

Well CSI tends to jump about 3 months between seasons anyway so it's not really a big issue. :lol:

If it is indeed CSI taking that approach, I have mixed feelings about it. My guess is that if it does happen, they show the x number of months jump at the end of episode one and then the remainder of the episodes lead up to the events which happen in the first episode. While it's an interesting concept, I don't like the idea of having another season-long story arc. I wouldn't mind a half-season long arc, maybe leading up to Catherine's exit but no more Mini Killer/Jeckyll/Raskell type arcs please!

I also have a horrible feeling that TPTB could use it as an excuse to have it tied around Ray again and bring him back as a guest in a later episode. :scream:

BUT... first and foremost the article obviously doesn't state it happens to CSI. It doesn't even suggest a crime drama which means it could be ANY show which does it which makes me doubt that it could be CSI, but then again, it could easily be integrated to where In a Dark, Dark House left off. Of course, I'll try not to speculate too much until it's set in concrete.

15. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I'm thinking it may be Fringe...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.