Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

George being a nice guy isn't exactly breaking news. Anybody who has followed his career knows what a great and funny guy he is.

What I don't get is how, based on a quick scene, can Justin's acting be judged? He might be good, he might be bad, but we don't know yet. Another thing I would like to remind everybody is that he's not a professional actor. He hasn't had the training that most have had so I hesitate comparing his acting to the pros.

2. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

It seems that Justin B was only on set for one day. So, there couldn't have been much time for a rookie actor to develop any character (or even learn his lines).
    There is a quote from Carol Mendelsohn that I read somewhere (I have been searching for the source) where she says that they were lucky to be able to get a day out of his busy schedule.
    Justin himself tweeted,"BIG day today . . . excited doing something new." Later, he revealed that he had spent the day on the "CSI" set, where he shot his scenes for the hit CBS crime drama. "CSI premieres on Thursday, Sept 23rd on CBS ... and I told you I was a BAD MAN!!" From VH1, Justin Bieber Tweets About Appearance On 'CSI' Premiere
    LaSquisita

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I agree with this analysis of them. What's so great about Dr Langston, is how he came in and immediatley bonded with all the team members, besides Nick who they clicked and connected right off the bat. They are all in awe and admiration of him and visa versa. Also how he's never pulled rank, but acts as an equal. He listens to them, and gets their input and brings his expertise to the table. And a "newbie":confused: hardly, he's been on since the middle of S/9, and were going into S/11. and thanks for the video Princess:bolian: is George Eads not one of the nicest people on the earth? Everyone should have his optimism and enthusiasm. He always praises anyone he works with. He's a rock star of CSI. But Bieber baby is 16, and acts 8, my take on watching him. Not sure of him till I see the whole episode. But George sure was a sweetheart when describing him;)

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

My Entertainment Weekly came in the mail today. Here's what they have to offer on CSI in the magazine's new Fall TV Preview:

5. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

The line: "We're guessing he's fine, so let's move on to bigger news..." CRACKED me up! Let's just blow by the regular cast ya know. I should be used to this by now.

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok, I can't remember if this was mentioned, but Andy Dick is guest starring in the vampire/werewolf episode of CSI.

Here's what he said(tweeted):

just finished a guest spot on the original CSI. should air in october. it's the halloween episode. george eads and fishburne are AWESOME!

I love how a lot of the big name stars always have something nice to say about George. :D

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

:guffaw:Me too! Can they be a little bit nice?! :lol:

8. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Andy Dick!? guess they spent all the available guest spot money on Bieber and Elliot Gould.

9. csi-misty

csi-misty Dead on Arrival

10. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

:lol: same here. I was like "Well damn!" Though my reaction was "Who cares about Ray, what about Catherine?!"

11. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Thanks csi-misty :)

JB keeps looking down, must be looking at his script or something

12. ladywillows

ladywillows Dead on Arrival

good question! what about Cath?!

13. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

That's who I was implying lol. I didn't want to offend any Ray fans...

14. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

I couldn't care less about what happens to Ray, but even I found that humorously offensive :lol:

Really? Who actually thinks that Beiber is more important than, say, Cath or Greg? You know, those guys who have been there since the beginning? I'm starting to doubt whether Greg will even be in the premier, considering we've had NO news about him :rolleyes::(

15. byline

byline CSI Level One

Well, I think we all know that casting someone like Justin Bieber isn't for the established fans who are still following the series. It's to try to attract new fans, which is something CBS has to do because network viewership is down across the board (not just for scripted dramas like "CSI"). Even though I don't like it, I understand why they have to do it. It's economics, and without new blood (especially in that "18 to 49" demographic, for which they can charge the highest advertising rates), "CSI" won't be around in any shape or form. Now, some might say that's a good thing, but again, in terms of economics, that's not something CBS can afford to do ... not if if they can help it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.