Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
George being a nice guy isn't exactly breaking news. Anybody who has followed his career knows what a great and funny guy he is.

What I don't get is how, based on a quick scene, can Justin's acting be judged? He might be good, he might be bad, but we don't know yet. Another thing I would like to remind everybody is that he's not a professional actor. He hasn't had the training that most have had so I hesitate comparing his acting to the pros.

What I don't get is how, based on a quick scene, can Justin's acting be judged? He might be good, he might be bad, but we don't know yet. Another thing I would like to remind everybody is that he's not a professional actor. He hasn't had the training that most have had so I hesitate comparing his acting to the pros.
It seems that Justin B was only on set for one day. So, there couldn't have been much time for a rookie actor to develop any character (or even learn his lines).
There is a quote from Carol Mendelsohn that I read somewhere (I have been searching for the source) where she says that they were lucky to be able to get a day out of his busy schedule.
Justin himself tweeted,"BIG day today . . . excited doing something new." Later, he revealed that he had spent the day on the "CSI" set, where he shot his scenes for the hit CBS crime drama. "CSI premieres on Thursday, Sept 23rd on CBS ... and I told you I was a BAD MAN!!" From VH1, Justin Bieber Tweets About Appearance On 'CSI' Premiere
LaSquisita

I'm happe to see the show come back and I hope Langton okay. I like him especially Langton with Nick. Nick relaxed around Langton then he did with Grissom. Nick can't relaxed around Grissom all the time because Grissom made him nervous all the time because he get in trouble all the time.

I agree with this analysis of them. What's so great about Dr Langston, is how he came in and immediatley bonded with all the team members, besides Nick who they clicked and connected right off the bat. They are all in awe and admiration of him and visa versa. Also how he's never pulled rank, but acts as an equal. He listens to them, and gets their input and brings his expertise to the table. And a "newbie":confused: hardly, he's been on since the middle of S/9, and were going into S/11. and thanks for the video Princess:bolian: is George Eads not one of the nicest people on the earth? Everyone should have his optimism and enthusiasm. He always praises anyone he works with. He's a rock star of CSI. But Bieber baby is 16, and acts 8, my take on watching him. Not sure of him till I see the whole episode. But George sure was a sweetheart when describing him;)

My Entertainment Weekly came in the mail today. Here's what they have to offer on CSI in the magazine's new Fall TV Preview:

CSI
Returning Drama, 9-10pm, CBS
Season 11 picks up where the show left off last spring, with Dr. Ray Langston (Laurence Fishburne) in a pool of blood after being stabbed by "Dick & Jane" serial killer Nate Haskell (Bill Irwin). We're guessing he's fine, so let's move on to bigger news: Justin Bieber makes his acting debut in the season premiere! He will play a kid who belongs to "a group who believe that our country has been co-opted by profiteers," says exec producer Carol Mendelsohn. (Bieber will also make an appearance during February sweeps.) Also look for a new love interest for Catherine (Marg Helgenberger, who maintains this will be her final year on the hit). "It's a transitional year for Catherine," says Mendelsohn, holding out hope that her star will reconsider. "It could be a way to end things for her--or to begin things." SEPT. 23

The line: "We're guessing he's fine, so let's move on to bigger news..." CRACKED me up! Let's just blow by the regular cast ya know. I should be used to this by now.

Ok, I can't remember if this was mentioned, but Andy Dick is guest starring in the vampire/werewolf episode of CSI.

Here's what he said(tweeted):

just finished a guest spot on the original CSI. should air in october. it's the halloween episode. george eads and fishburne are AWESOME!

I love how a lot of the big name stars always have something nice to say about George. :D

The line: "We're guessing he's fine, so let's move on to bigger news..." CRACKED me up! Let's just blow by the regular cast ya know. I should be used to this by now.

:guffaw:Me too! Can they be a little bit nice?! :lol:

:lol: same here. I was like "Well damn!" Though my reaction was "Who cares about Ray, what about Catherine?!"

I couldn't care less about what happens to Ray, but even I found that humorously offensive :lol:

Really? Who actually thinks that Beiber is more important than, say, Cath or Greg? You know, those guys who have been there since the beginning? I'm starting to doubt whether Greg will even be in the premier, considering we've had NO news about him :rolleyes::(

I couldn't care less about what happens to Ray, but even I found that humorously offensive :lol:

Really? Who actually thinks that Beiber is more important than, say, Cath or Greg? You know, those guys who have been there since the beginning? I'm starting to doubt whether Greg will even be in the premier, considering we've had NO news about him :rolleyes::(
Well, I think we all know that casting someone like Justin Bieber isn't for the established fans who are still following the series. It's to try to attract new fans, which is something CBS has to do because network viewership is down across the board (not just for scripted dramas like "CSI"). Even though I don't like it, I understand why they have to do it. It's economics, and without new blood (especially in that "18 to 49" demographic, for which they can charge the highest advertising rates), "CSI" won't be around in any shape or form. Now, some might say that's a good thing, but again, in terms of economics, that's not something CBS can afford to do ... not if if they can help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back