Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

Maybe something super sekret happens involving Greg? What can I say, I'm in an optimistic mood today :lol:

Totally agree, I can understand why they've done it. And I think it'll work, with some of the stunt casting in the past I didn't even know they'd been stunt cast :wtf: I had no idea who that band were last year. But with Justin Bieber I think it will make an impression, my local radio station had a competition last week to meet him and they had over two thousand people enter in the first couple of days, even some mum's entering for their children. So even if the kids don't stay around to watch the eps Bieber isn't in, maybe their parents will.

2. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

I still don't see what age demographic tptb are aiming for. Where I stay the majority of Beiber fans are in the 10-15 area, and for the most part aren't really interested in crime drama (hell, my friend said she'd only watch the eps with Beiber and nothing else. Successful casting indeed :rolleyes: ) I guess I could understand parents being interested, but even then they could have had guests that would appeal to the older generation.

I'm still remaining resolute that this was a mistake in casting (not to mention all this publicity for the kid is inevitably leading to hype backlash) and that they should have spent the cash on better guest stars (though they did get Sienna, Elliot and Katee, at least) and given the promotional news to the original cast instead.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

We still don't know all the facts.. and will soon when it debuts. It it sucks then it does, if it's OK then that's it, and just maybe it'll be riveting and fans will love it. Time will tell. I put faith in the writers and figure after 10 seasons they know what their doing. Also everyone has a preferable favorite out of the team. I like them all some better then others, that's just life. I'm happy with the way it is now and hope it stays this way. This board could be like some that still embrace the old back in the dark ages on GSR, [which that's not happening on the show] and still hammer away about Grissom, like he's still on the show or is "coming back":rolleyes: I think the TPTB would enjoy this forum due to the fact that were up to speed on what's really happening and what's not:bolian: I'm still waiting to see this baby Bieber and then decide if it was worth having him featured on CSI~

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I agree that tptb are trying to attract new viewers, however, if the really want to get more inthe 18 to 49 demographic, then Justin Bieber :rolleyes: is NOT the way to go. He attracts what 7 year olds :lol:. In any case, he attracts people who are younger than 14 not who are 18 or older.

5. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

It's also a case of creating buzz for the show. Even if you're not a Bieber fanatic, just having people posting and talking about CSI will bring additional viewers to the show. However, the trick will be to create an episode that is good enough to keep them coming back the next week.

6. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

While Justin Bieber may be a buzz for the show, my question is...do tptb within the network think that they will hook a whole new group of viewers with JB's one (maybe two) guest appearance? Sure the premiere may get that ratings spike they are looking for, but what will happen when the next episode airs....and then another etc. That spike will only be those fans that wanna see Bieber, and not the show itself, while turning some loyal fans...who have invested 10 years of viewing the show...away. I say 99.9% of those Bieber fans won't stick around once the youngster has played his part. And then you probably won't see that particular "spike" again until if/when JB comes back in the new year to do a follow up.

Kinda sad if you ask me.

7. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I'm thinking that TPTB are not necessarily aiming for the Bieber fan, BUT their parents. However, unless those young fans can con their parents into letting them stay up late, they may already be in bed when the show begins. :lol:

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  9. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

That's some really good news about Katee Sackhoff.I hope she stays on the show as long as possible.We need some fresh female blood in the show.

10. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Sounds good to me :)

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Having never watched this version of Battlestar Galactica I have no idea how good/bad an actress she is and at this point I'm not sure I really care! All I have to say is - They're going to start another story arc??? How about finishing up a few first. This season alone we now have (1) Langston/Haskell, (2) The kid Bieber, & now (3) Dt. Frankie Reed's life story. :(

Susan

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yes!!! Great news :). With Katee on Vegas and Edward James Olmos doing a guest spot on NY my CSI's are filled with the BSG people and I'm loving it.:D Thank you for posting.

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Carol says "they've pursued he for years":eek: so why didn't she come on instead of Lauren Lee Smith? What was she doing then. And how do they know she'll work out? That's rather a big statement to make, when what if [And I'm not saying she won't] be a big hit with fans? So many stars have come on and then Pffft, gone. I hope she is a pistol and works out for everyones sake.~

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Exactly my thought...the new girl gets a story arc?? Remember Riley's hints about trouble in her family, suicide, etc? And of course that was never resolved because they got rid of her, but still.

Too many changes at once for me.

15. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah too many changes going on mentioning all these guest stars and new people on the show and yet have not heard one single word about Greg or even Brass for that matter for this season. Sorry I know I am beating a dead horse, but it really is annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.