Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selphie

Selphie Hit and Run

What about Sienna Guillory the new bomb tech, are her and Katee Sackhoff both going to be recurring .

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Good question.. in fact I got mixed up and was thinking they were the same person, beings I've never heard of either one of them:confused:

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

As far as we've heard, Sienna is only in the season premiere.

As for Katee, I believe she had other commitments when CSI originally wanted her (for Bryce/Riley Adams).

4. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

Both could be recurring. The guy that CBS brought over as a new showrunner from Numb3rs, Don McGill, did the same with that cast. Besides Rob Morrow, David Kromholtz, and Alimi Ballard, the rest of the cast rotated from episode to episode. It helped control costs immensely.

5. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

Double Post

6. byline

byline CSI Level One

I agree. I think it's a combination of the "buzz" factor that others have mentioned, and getting parents and older siblings on board with the young'uns. Time will tell if it has any kind of lasting payoff.

I was never a regular viewer, but in the times that I watched, I thought she was pretty good. I also saw her in an episode of Law & Order. and thought she was good in that.

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I find it odd that Nick didn't just run as he said "there's another bomb!" He should move as far as he could from the van for lesser possible damage. Plus he's the nearest to the van and the people he warned looks miles away! Oh, Hollywood! :lol:

8. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

At least they aren't forgetting about one storyline they already started. :thumbsup:

from Fancast:

Susan

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  9. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Cold Case did something similar, with every episode missing at least one regular cast member. And now both Numb3rs and Cold Case are cancelled...

10. Desertwind

I would have liked to have seen Kathryn Morris from the now defunct "Cold Case" or Poppy Montgomery, from "WOAT" also cancelled, gals that most fans are aware of, and not two females that many fans have never heard of:confused:

11. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

I like the fact that they're pulling in lesser known actors. I mean there weren't a lot of people who knew who Eric or Marg were before CSI so its more like the earlier seasons, and besides, tptb will be less inclined to give them way too much screentime if they're not huge stars beforehand.

I may be slightly biased since I'm already a big Sienna fan, but I have a good feeling about these two. Turns out their is something I can be optimistic about :lol:

12. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

When it comes to new cast members it's always going to vary between the fans. I think most uk fans will enjoy katee sackhoff as BSG was quite popular over here, whereas i have to admit i only knew laurence fishburne as 'that guy in the matrix'.

As an aside do we know for sure what episode 11.3 is going to be about?

13. Desertwind

I think that most people knew Marg from her movies ["Erin Brokovich"] and other TV series~

I just received my TV Guide dated September 20-26~ besides all the new shows, they've got a brief analysis from the returning shows and CSI~Most of this is known but for fans who haven't read the whole thing, here's what it says~

WHERE WE LEFT OFF
    After catching Dr. Jekyll, Langston [Laurence Fishburne] told incarcerated serial killer Nate Haskell [Bill Irwin], they had solved the case with his help..then Haskell stabbed Langston in the back and left him bleeding on the floor!

WHAT'S NEXT
    "The traumatic events of the finale will play out through the beginning episodes, says Carol Mendelsohn. And you just can't get rid of Haskell, who is back for more episodes", says Mendelsohn. 'We'll lock him in, but he'll return mid-season to Vegas to be charged with the crime that he committed on Dr. Langston~

JUSTN TIME
    Justine Bieber makes his acting debut in the premiere as Jason McCann, an outspoken member of an alternative political movement. "He will find himself in jail, connected to the explosive crime", teases Mendelsohn. But all is not as it seems with the Beeb, setting the scene for a return in episode 15~

WHO'S IN AND WHO'S OUT
    Behind the scenes, co-creator Anthony Zuiker is back as a writer on the first few episodes. And Mendelsohn hopes Marg Helgenberger won't exit. "I respect Marg's decision [to leave after S/11], but I will fight her till the end to keep her on CSI"!

Oh and Laurence Fishburne has made upwards of 50 films and won 17 awards, including 2 Emmy's, a Tony and been nominated for an Oscar and 23 more nominations. "The Matrix" ha-ha-ha. He's made so many more and so many better ones! Even Jorja stated how she'd watched his early films and was "in awe of meeting him". He started acting when he was 14 and not one person I've ever talked to, doesn't know who he is~

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  14. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

As a UK fan I don't know who Katee is, and I didn't know Fishburne even after watching Matrix and 21 about four times each :lol:

Bieber's appearance has had a pretty bad reaction over here, him being all famous with the tweens. I'm hoping that he won't be in the episode as much as his publicity is making it out to be.

15. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Episode 3 is Sqweegel. It's the one with the seriel killer that leaves no forensic trace behind. Don't know much more than that as Level 26 didn't seem to move off the new book shelf at our library very often. They haven't put out the official press release for it yet.

Wellll... According to the articles they only had him for 1 day. You can only film so much in a day. :lol:

Susan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.