Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Kinda how I feel too. Perhaps partly because Bieber will only be in a couple of episodes, not the whole season.

I only watched one season of BSG, and Starbuck wasn't my favorite character - but that's nothing against the actress herself. :) I've missed Sofia, and I think having a female detective would be great again. I like female characters that aren't all "girly," so I'm keeping my hopes up for this one.

I still wish they'd found a way to keep Liz Vassey too though. :(

2. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

I'd guess that they can't due to legal reasons, the same as reading fanfic, if they do something on the show that someone suggested here, people might sue. Then again, some of the Stargate PTB read and post on the GateWorld forums (not that it's done them any favours of being 'in touch' with what the fans want :rolleyes:).

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

There's a few (not many) TPTB that read the boards--TalkCSI, YTDAW--that I'm aware of. But from what I gather they just check out the episode discussion threads and the CSI Files reviews. Like CazzBlade mentioned, there are legal issues regarding fans sending their own scripts, storylines, and even fanfictions to the writers. If you have a literary agent you have a better chance at getting your material read, but most of the time the episodes are written internally.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I actually think that CBS/CSI does have scouts/spys, whatever you want to label them and they do read all the different sites and forums out there, and what the fans are buzzing about. And they give them the feedback on what they find. Once again when Zuiker stated that there are 78.3 million fans, they probably gather all the info. and go from there. And maybe alot of fans liked the Nate Haskall scenerio. I as well think it's a bit much, rubbing him in our faces yet again..but we don't know all the in's and out's of everything that occurs. And they never told us what happened to Sheriff McKeen:confused: Or why other stories weren't concluded or finished. I just think TPTB are the best in the business and put faith in their brilliant decisions. I will gurantee that S/11 will be a dynamite season:bolian:The one thing that does baffle me is Bieber baby, don't get that at all:shifty:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  5. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I'm happe to see the show come back and I hope Langton okay. I like him especially Langton with Nick. Nick relaxed around Langton then he did with Grissom. Nick can't relaxed around Grissom all the time because Grissom made him nervous all the time because he get in trouble all the time.

6. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Hi all,

I somehow missed this(and I have no time to go through all the pages now)...can someone tell me what will happen with Wendy in Season 11? I saw her in credits of episode 2...will she be a guest star at least?

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

She's supposed to have a goodbye episode/scene, but so far no spoilers on the reason for her character's exit.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I hope Greg gets to work with Ray more this season. I feel like the two of them haven't really had a chance to bond because Ray's almost always with one of the others lol.

9. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Regarding Ray/Haskell: :brickwall: Apparently one season of fueding with a serial killer wasn't enough for the newbie. It's just ridiculous how they think they can get away with giving the new guy season long story arcs just cause the actor is more famous than the others (even though in my area very few people actually know who LF is). Even senior characters like Cath, Nick and Greg didn't get this sort of treatment!

When big Bill Irwin fans like myself start getting annoyed with seeing his face tptb should realise its time for good things to end and just put him in jail where he belongs. Haskell was brilliamt while he lasted but now its just getting old.

Regarding Katee: I'm not familiar with her work, but I am annoyed that she's getting the same stupid description as every other female on the show. 'Strong' and 'fiesty' is just not cutting it for me any more. Girls can have more than one brand of personality writers! :brickwall:

10. byline

byline CSI Level One

Intriguing news about Katee Sackhoff. It will be interesting to see where her character goes. I have to admit that while I'm not crazy about the Bieber hype, I confess that, knowing next to nothing about the singer, it does pique my interest to see photos of him and wonder where they might take that "innocent little boy" look that he seems to have. And while I'm not wild about the idea of continuing the Ray/Haskell storyline, I think it was probably inevitable, as that's the one strong story arc they had from Ray's introduction. And Haskell is a beguiling character.

For better or worse, Marg appears to be moving on after this season, and other actors in the cast may follow. "CSI" is one of the few bona fide hits on TV today, and I think CBS has no choice but to try to continue it for as long as they can. Which means they were going to have to shuffle the deck sometime. When Petersen decided to move on, you could see the handwriting on the wall. It was around the time that his departure was announced that I became less emotionally invested in the series. I still watch, still enjoy it, but don't necessarily plan my TV-viewing schedule around it the way I used to. So I recognize that they're going to try some things that may or may not work. Because I'm not as emotionally "married" to the show as I once was, I'm OK with letting them make mistakes . . . or hit a few home runs. I'll wait and see what happens, then decide.

11. electra

electra Pathologist

I agree with Byline.In the past ,I cancelled everything on thursday to make sure I could watch CSI .I still think is a very good show but things change.Nate Haskell is really a great villain but I am not impressed with the Ray\Haskell thing for another season.Paul Milander was amazing becouse it stopped on time.

I am really happy about the new actress becouse the show needs female blood given that Catherine would leave next season.

12. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

13. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I'm not that impressed by Bieber's acting :scream: but Sara hitting somebody :thumbsup:

14. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Don't suppose there's a version that isn't blocked outside the US? :scream:

15. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I teach kindergarten and today one of my little darlings came in from the book fair carrying a Justin Bieber poster. I smiled, remembering all the comments on this board and asked her why she bought it. Her comment? He' so hot.

Ugh...... Enough said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.