Flashpoint

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, May 12, 2009.

1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Excellent episode last Friday! 'The Other Lane' was so intense and full of action. Great performances from the actors. My only comment is about Sophie. Can't she understand her husband's job? Maybe I can't understand married life for now but her leaving Ed is kind of unfair.

Congratulations for all the nominations! :thumbsup:

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Reminder there is a new ep tonight.

Air Date: Friday, September 10, 2010
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#306) "Jumping at Shadows"

WHEN A YOUNG GIRL CALLS 911 TO REPORT AN INTRUDER, THE SRU'S ARRIVE TO FIND THE GIRL'S MOTHER SHOT AND THE GIRL ABDUCTED. -
    When a young girl calls 911 to talk to a dispatcher, the dispatcher does not believe that an intruder has entered her house until she hears the gun shots herself. When the SRU's arrive, they find her mother shot and the girl abducted.

GUEST CAST:
    Kate Kristen Thomsom
    Sgt. Jasmin Morello Angela Vint
    Operator 1 Suzanne Coy
    Alexis Sobol Natalie Alyn Lind
    Dean Jack Knight
    EMS Dispatcher Melissa Mancini
    Man Hume Baugh
    Heather Sobol Kate Hewlett
    Paramedic Chris Violette
    Young Mom Lara Kelly
    Randall Vaincourt Jason Barbeck
    Philip Sobol Yannick Bisson
    Harvey Kuiper Angelo Tucci
    Colin Pell James Binkley
    Dad Mio Adilman
    Young Alexis Emily Alyn Lind
    Ellie Chloe Tudisco

WRITTEN BY: Mark Ellis and Stephanie Morgenstern, the series' creators DIRECTED BY: Erik Canual

3. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

That was intense! Great to see Dean finally. I was suprised to see him already after a few minutes, but it worked out well, storytelling wise. And whoever casted that little girl, well done, because she was great.

Nice to see they went a little outside of the box this week, having Ed doing the talking (I know Greg wasn't there, but still) and Wordy and Greg both having scorpio and Greg actually shooting someone. It was obvious that it wasn't going to be Sam taking the shot (I guess I watch too many cop shows for that), but still. Talking about Sam, I think he's developing into a great character, lethal is still his best thing (we saw that last week), but he is thinking, overseeing situations and his negotiation skills are developing as well.

Now only one episode left before a long break. Thank god most of my other favourite shows return after that, so I have lots of other things to watch untill Flashpoint returns.

I heard next weeks episode is gonna be really intense. According to David Patkeau, it's a little different than the regular episodes.

I hope it's gonna set a benchmark for the rest of the season. As much as I loved the last two episodes, Flashpoint is more than a Ed and Greg show and the others, especially Wordy and Spike need some more attention. I think Winny had more lines than Wordy and Spike combined this week.

4. Destiny

Well awhile back I posted a story with hints of what is going on this season, I will post the parts that was in the spoiler tag that have already been shown.

5. Destiny

Also we have heard from the other cast members here is another.

David Paetkau describes the behind-the-scenes swagger of 'Flashpoint'

Now playing the longest running role of his career, David Paetkau is settling in.

Paetkau’s character, Sam, joined the elite police squad in the first season of “Flashpoint,” as an ex-military officer, running from a tragedy in Afghanistan.

Several missions later, Sam’s lost that “rookie” tag and is quickly becoming the backbone of the Strategic Response Unit.

According to Paetkau he thinks “Sam has always had confidence, and now he’s in control. He’s not a rookie anymore. He’s gained some experience and wisdom and he’s turning into a pro.”

In some ways, Sam’s progression on the series models the growth of the show itself, which has become a well-oiled machine, dominating both the ratings and critical praises, including an overwhelming number of Gemini nominations.

“I feel like we’re a lot more confident with our show, especially with a Canadian show, when you’re starting out, you don’t know how it’s going to be received. Now that we’re kind of established and popular, we’ve got a bit of swagger, and that’s fun. Character-wise, it’s business as usual. Each challenge is met with a little less recklessness and a little more confidence,” says Paetkau.

“It’s more comfortable. You know what’s working and what didn’t and you have that history to draw upon. Writers have a feel for your character. It’s the longest I’ve ever played the same character. It’s interesting to go along with the journey.”

While the third season is currently airing on CTV (with full episodes available online at CTV.ca), a fourth season of the series has already been ordered.

Paetkau, born and raised on Canada’s west coast, has also begun warming up to life in Toronto, Ontario, where “Flashpoint” is filmed.

“Torontonians are very proud of the show. I get stopped regularly and it’s very flattering and nerve-wracking at the same time. That has increased exponentially each year. The city has really grown on me. I didn’t know much about the city when I first came here, but the more time I spent in Toronto, the more I like it,” says the actor.

“What amazes me about Toronto, is that I keep discovering new neighborhoods that I never knew existed! There’s just so many great pockets in the city that I’ve yet to explore. You stumble upon them.”

However, when shooting wraps on “Flashpoint,” Paetkau is eager to head back home to Vancouver, where he lives with his wife and step-daughter.

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Wow, that was a good episode. Somehow, like 7 out of 10 of the eps leave me with a tear in my eye at the end. This was one of them.

Loved the whole Greg/Dean side story; glad they've finally gotten together. Seems like this has been the one ongoing thorn in Greg's side, so hopefully he gets some resolution.

Also, the little girl did a really good job in this one. She was totally compelling. And for us Canadians, it was cool to see a familiar Canadian face (kind of grown up with this guy)- Yannick Bisson as the dad. He did an excellent job as well. Altogether, two thumbs up.

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Excellent episode! Not surprised they were written by the series creator, so congratulations! :thumbsup: At first I was a little disappointed and mad at the 911 operator. I was like "does that really happen - hanging-up on a poor kid caller?!" And I was beginning to get some answers as the episode progressed.

Honestly, I am becoming a bit tired of hostage situations on the show. Sometimes I intentionally missed watching episodes live and just catch-up with it online, worrying I'm gonna get the same old hostage story. I'm glad it only happened quick in this episode.

One more episode next week. I'm going to miss Flashpoint.

8. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Agreed :D I love Yannick Bisson. He's fantastic.

Wow. I don't think I've posted in here for a while... but I've been watching, as always. Another great episode from a great show.

9. Destiny

Flashpoint Twitter
    -RT @CTV_PR: Flashpoint #1 Canadian drama of the week (again) with 1.6M viewers....Season Finale this Friday on CTV.

Facebook:
    Hugh Dillon September 12, 2010 marked the fifth annual LEXUS SANTA MONICA 5000. This marathon benefits the SAINT JOHN'S HEALTH CENTER, which provides 24-hour emergency services to the community.

BTW just my observation on rewatching the ep, did anyone notice that DP (Sam) shaved? Yepper he is clean shaven in the last ep. I knew there was something odd about him. :lol:

10. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

David Paetkau (aka Sam) is gonna be on Supernatural this season. I don't watch the show, but according to IMDB.com he should be in the 2nd and 3rd episode.

11. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Wow, I watch Supernatural. It will be interesting to see him outside the Flashpoint personna. I'll let you know what he's like. ;)

12. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Aargh, I MISSED this last episode. For some reason, I didn't think the show was supposed to be on last Friday, and I saw Destiny's reminder message too late.

13. Destiny

You can watch it on CBS.com/Flashpoint site, or CTV for those in the Canadian range (I am not lol) or you can go through Yahoo Search video's to find a good site to watch it at. Here is a site that has it as well. And you can see other eps to. I recommend the last one if you have problems with CBS.

14. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

One night away untill the Flashpoint summer finale (two for me). After that, it's gonna be a huge withdrawal.

According to the producers, the episode is one of their best yet, it's a little different from what the usual episodes are, and after watch the 30 second CTV preview and 10 second CBS preview on the internet, I have no doubt this one is gonna rock.

There is a shoot out in a mall, things end bad and the SRU's actions are called into question, especially Sgts. Parkers.

My prediction* is that there are gonna be some disagreements between some members, people might not agree with the decisions that were taken. My guess is the team will get cleared (otherwise I don't know what's gonna happen to the show), but some members might not be so go friends for a while. And although I love the chemistry in this team, a little friction between some people will probably give some great episodes to look forward to in the 2nd part of the season (whenever this is gonna air)

* this is pure speculation, I have no idea how it's gonna play out for the long term

And an extra teaser from the producers, right from Facebook :)

Teaser: We learn more about Sam tomorrow night when he tells a heart-wrenching story from his childhood. Can't wait until you hear this!

15. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Destiny, thank you!! :thumbsup: