Flashpoint

FYI, season 5 will be the last, apparently. They want to go out on top. :)
Well thats good for the reason, but sucks for the fans. Oh well pretty sure ION will keep them in reruns which is cool, can catch up on anything I missed.

I've been waiting for this even though it will make for very late nights!

Final Flashpoint Season get US Premier Date

The fifth and final season of the Canadian-produced police drama Flashpoint, which launched in the Great White North on Thursday night, now has a Stateside premiere date.

ION Television, which picked the series up from CBS last fall, will launch Season 5 on Tuesday, Oct. 16, at 11/10c, TVLine has learned.

“While the series is still at its creative apex, we’ve decided to end [it] on a high note, and give those fans the satisfaction of a fitting series conclusion in our 75th episode,” executive producers Anne Marie La Traverse and Bill Mustos said in May, when the show’s farewell tour was announced.

Flashpoint first debuted in Canada in 2007 before landing on CBS in 2008. After being dropped by CBS during Season 4, it found its new home on ION.

Susan

I missed out alot on Flashpoint, its really good drama, I feel so sad that they're ending that awesome show by all going out in big bang series finale.

Anybody know how many episodes we got this season?

Not a spoiler in Canada but it is a spoiler to us here in the U.S.!
This is the only one of the 6 television shows I watch regularly that I actually like that they have a cannon couple! :D

Sam & Jules Reveal a Huge Development in their Relationship

There were hints earlier on this season, even as early as the second episode, but in Thursday’s episode, Sam and Jules revealed the biggest development in their relationship yet…

“What are the chances? We’ve always been so careful!” Jules says to Sam, in a rare scene outside of work.

And then it comes out – Jules is seven weeks pregnant!

“I feel really scared,” she admits, adding, “I can’t believe how much I want this baby.”

“Me too,” says a clearly thrilled Sam.

They quickly hit a point of contention, however: “You’re not allowed to do that – treat me like I need bubble wrap,” Jules insists Sam as he’s hovering over her, offering her herbal tea. “I don’t want you to change on me.”

“They’re definitely scared about it, but more than anything, they’re really excited for this chapter,” says actress Amy Jo Johnson.

“Certainly there was some worrying and fretting and they have to walk that line between doing their job and being teammates and being together,” adds actor David Paetkau. “Adding a third to that, a kid in there, complicates things.”

Even though Jules she insists nothing’s different, in the first hot call of the day Team One ends up trapped in an alley way under sniper fire.

It’s not an easy transition for Jules, but as Sam puts himself in the line of fire, she begins to realize how things are changing now that she’s carrying a baby.

“He sees me as more fragile and is more nervous,” Johnson says about Sam. “And throughout the episode, I think I start to understand that there are two people instead of just taking care of myself.”

At the very end of the episode, after asking Sgt. Greg Parker in the gun cage what it’s like to be a cop and a parent, Jules concedes that Sam is right, being pregnant does change things. “I could’ve lost you today,” she says.

“You could lose me any day,” he responds.

“But the two of us could’ve lost you today,” she says.

“The priority of life takes on a whole new meaning when your partner is pregnant!” adds Paetkau.

Uncle Parker, Uncle Spike and Uncle Ed? I can’t wait!

Susan

Anybody know how many episodes we got this season?

Not a spoiler in Canada but it is a spoiler to us here in the U.S.!
This is the only one of the 6 television shows I watch regularly that I actually like that they have a cannon couple! :D

Sam & Jules Reveal a Huge Development in their Relationship

There were hints earlier on this season, even as early as the second episode, but in Thursday’s episode, Sam and Jules revealed the biggest development in their relationship yet…

“What are the chances? We’ve always been so careful!” Jules says to Sam, in a rare scene outside of work.

And then it comes out – Jules is seven weeks pregnant!

“I feel really scared,” she admits, adding, “I can’t believe how much I want this baby.”

“Me too,” says a clearly thrilled Sam.

They quickly hit a point of contention, however: “You’re not allowed to do that – treat me like I need bubble wrap,” Jules insists Sam as he’s hovering over her, offering her herbal tea. “I don’t want you to change on me.”

“They’re definitely scared about it, but more than anything, they’re really excited for this chapter,” says actress Amy Jo Johnson.

“Certainly there was some worrying and fretting and they have to walk that line between doing their job and being teammates and being together,” adds actor David Paetkau. “Adding a third to that, a kid in there, complicates things.”

Even though Jules she insists nothing’s different, in the first hot call of the day Team One ends up trapped in an alley way under sniper fire.

It’s not an easy transition for Jules, but as Sam puts himself in the line of fire, she begins to realize how things are changing now that she’s carrying a baby.

“He sees me as more fragile and is more nervous,” Johnson says about Sam. “And throughout the episode, I think I start to understand that there are two people instead of just taking care of myself.”

At the very end of the episode, after asking Sgt. Greg Parker in the gun cage what it’s like to be a cop and a parent, Jules concedes that Sam is right, being pregnant does change things. “I could’ve lost you today,” she says.

“You could lose me any day,” he responds.

“But the two of us could’ve lost you today,” she says.

“The priority of life takes on a whole new meaning when your partner is pregnant!” adds Paetkau.

Uncle Parker, Uncle Spike and Uncle Ed? I can’t wait!

Susan

Not sure how many episodes there are, but hopefully it will be a full season.

I don't like them together as a couple, and don't really care for the actor that plays Sam, David Paetkau, either.

I found out - only 13 episodes this season. :(

List of episode titles:

5x01 Broken Peace
5x02 No Kind of Life
5x03 Run To Me
5x04 Eyes In
5x05 Sons of the Father
*5x06 A World of Their Own (skipped)
5x07 Below the Surface
5x08 Forget Oblivion
5x09 We Take Care of Our Own
5x10 Lawmen
5x11 Fit for Duty
5x12 Keep the Peace (pt 1)
5x13 Keep the Peace (pt 2)

Episode 5x06 was originally skipped by CTV but ION is playing them in order. Supposidly we will be seeing it next Tuesday and CTV will be airing it on Thursday (the US see's it first! :eek:). Which will make my previous spoiler 5x09 instead of 5x08 for those of us in the US.

----------​

Sam's my favorite followed by Greg. I feel Sam's grown the most in the 5 seasons (not to mention I absolutely love how blue his eyes are). :) Enrico Colantoni is responsible for my love of Person of Interest. :lol: The commercials billed his first episode as Elias with 'Guest Starring Flashpoint's Enrico Colantoni' and I couldn't resist watching it. :lol:

----------​

Is there romance in the air for Flashpoints eternal bachelor?

"Spike and Winnie, sitting in a tree…”

Well, not quite, but at the end of Episode 9, Spike did ask Winnie if she wanted to join him on a trip to Italy.

“You want to be my wingman, keep all my aunts from wondering why I’m still single?” Spike asks Winnie.

“What’s in it for me?” she asks, with quite the flirty smile.

“All the homemade wine you can drink,” answers Spike.

Now, she didn’t agree, but she didn’t say no either… (I mean, who could forgo the offering of endless homemade wine?)

“Winnie and I start circling each other this season,” says actor Sergio Di Zio, who plays Team One’s shy and eternally single bomb expert. “It happens – somebody’s around all the time and then all of a sudden you’re like, ‘Hey, maybe I kind of like you!’”

In five seasons, Spike is the only member of Team One who hasn’t had any love interests. “Everyone close to him dies,” Di Zio says with a laugh, referencing his dad at the end of Season 4 and Lewis "Lou" Young, his best friend to a landmine in Season 2.

And though he doesn’t know if a conversation he had last year with co-creators Stephanie Morgenstern and Mark Ellis had anything to do with the Spike and Winnie storyline, he likes to think it might have.

“I was riding in the car with them to the Geminis last year and Stephanie says, ‘Okay, now or never, tell us what you dream of for next year,’” Di Zio says.

“So I said,’Spike needs a lady!’”

Di Zio and actress Tattiawna Jones who plays Winnie started hamming it up whenever they could – slow dancing in front of the executive producers and looking dreamily into each other’s eyes, Di Zio says with a laugh.

“We were trying to plant an idea and it looks like it stuck!

“All of a sudden, we start in on this cool storyline – here’s this person who’s in your life every day, all the time, and you really like them until one day you look at them and go, hey, maybe this is something I should pursue.

“It’s really sweet and really lovely.”

Skipping an episode? That sounds like something CBS did when they aired the show. :rolleyes: I guess 13 episodes is better than zero. Thanks for that list, blackflag! :)

I just finish watch Flashpoint. The woman talk to Ed (Spike) about his job. She told him that she know that he got a wife and two kids.

I want to go to Canada on Dec. 6 and 13 (even tho I have no money)! :(

There are spoilers in the form of a fairly detailed episode description at the link. And I have no idea if any of the interview specials they've got going on are going to air for those of us in the states.

The End of an Era: FLASHPOINT’s Mind-Blowing Two-Part Series Finale Marks the Conclusion of CTV’s Trailblazing Series, Thursday, December 6 and 13 on CTV

By my calculations if ION continues to air 1 episode a week the final 2 episodes will be on January 1st and January 8th here in the states.

Susan

Last edited:
Just some stuff from the Canadian airings of Keep the Peace which we will be seeing here in the States on the 15th (pt1) and 22nd (pt2). I've seen it online but I can't wait to see it on the bigger tv screen! :lol:

First some video's that I know are avialable outside Canada. I now know how those in other contries feel about the CBS video's not being avialable to them! There are goodbye messages from the cast and a few other video's that I'm desperate to see on the CTV website and I can't because I'm not in Canada. :(

The whole cast on Canada AM (There's a pt2 that used to come up right after but that was back on Dec. 13th and I don't know where it is now. :( )

Sergio, Enrico, & Hugh on the Marilyn Denis Show

Flashpoint Finale Special - The Final Salute

And now some articles:

No room for peace or calm: Flashpoint’s series finale ‘outrageous and crazy,’ says Colantoni

From tears of joy, to tears of heartbreak: ‘Flashpoint’ Finale Part 1 was as intense as they get

'Flashpoint' Finale: Sergio Di Zio and the co-creators reflect on the tragedy of Part 1 and the terrorist still at large

'Flashpoint' finale brings the city to its knees, its fans to tears and Team One to its breaking point

Review: RIP Flashpoint, you were one of the best Canadian cop shows

In the writers’ room with Flashpoint

Flashpoint's final episode airs tonight

Flashpoint series finale: Review - heavy in spoilers!

And some pictures from the festivities in Toronto and spoiler pics from Keep the Peace:

Finale Red Carpet
Finale Q & A Session

Keep the Peace pt1
Keep the Peace pt2

I don't know if you have to be on Facebook to see this page or not. It's the Flashpoint Team One Facebook page, the official page of the producers of Flashpoint. If you can get on it they've got lots of pics from the 'Finale Event' at the TIFF Lightbox as well as some pics from the live chat after pt1 with Sergio, Amy Jo, & David. :)

Susan

Last edited:
Back