Emily/Calleigh#12: -'Une très jolie petite blonde''

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Florry86, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Yeah, it was kinda hard not to notice, especially that, this season, I only really watch the scenes with Emily in any episodes witout Adam... I kept on asking my husband "Where the h... is Calleigh?"
    I also noticed that she didn't look herself... something's up :confused:
    In any case, the storyline and the outcome were so predictable, that I only have one word to describe the episode: BORING!!!

2. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Well, I haven't watched any episode yet from Season 8...I don't get why. In the UK we can watch new epi of Las Vegas and New York, but not Miami...
    :confused:
    So i only know what you guys tell me. I think that Emily was complaining in one interview that they make her work too hard, that last season was too difficult. This in addition to the fact that she is trying for a baby may be the reasons to cut down her screen time.
    Anyway, next week is a hiphugger episode! I hope, anyway, otherwise these whole last season wouldn't make sense...so far nothing interesting happened between them and we are already half way through the season...:scream:

3. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Sorry, for my mistakes...I just read the post I've sent.
    Not a native speaker, but could do better :/

4. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

kala79, I think it's fine, but if you ever do want to change your post, you can edit it for up to about 24 hours after it's posted. So if you want to go back and change something (and I usually end up doing just that :lol:), you can edit it. :)

5. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Thanks, FieldMouse. Will try to put an extra care in my style(at least I will read it after or before posting). Maybe someone can help me with one more thing?
    I would like to have an avatar, but don't know where to get it from. Was reading terms and conditions, there doesn't seem to be one available and I really don't have time to go through ALL the terms...Thanks!
    Sorry, a bit off topic. Will not happen again.

6. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

[QUOTE
    In any case, the storyline and the outcome were so predictable, that I only have one word to describe the episode: BORING!!![/QUOTE]
    :confused:
    So i only know what you guys tell me. I think that Emily was complaining in one interview that they make her work too hard, that last season was too difficult. This in addition to the fact that she is trying for a baby may be the reasons to cut down her screen time.
    Anyway, next week is a hiphugger episode! I hope, anyway, otherwise these whole last season wouldn't make sense...so far nothing interesting happened between them and we are already half way through the season...:scream:[/QUOTE]

Sory, can't have it both ways. As a single female that has been forced to take up the slack for pregnant and parental co-workers at the expense of my own life...sorry, doesn't wash with me. Not married and not saddled with a child...hello, I still have my own life. I've logged too many un-appreciated hours at the happenstance of coworkers that have children and then I found grief at the hands of employers that begrudge me time off to care for a terminally ill parent. At this point in my life and having to deal with what I have to deal with....pregnancy and the trying of thereof is a personal issue and not to be brought into the workplace. Sorry, it's a choice issue and not a demand one.

Believe it or not, but I am a Democrat.. Just, don't bother bringing up pregnancy and employment to me unless you want me to beat you into the ground off list. Emily is no exception right now, even as much as I adore her. I'd give my right arm to have her job. And I love the one I'm in. But I would love to be a popular working actor in LA instead of working for the Chicago CPS. I know I make a difference and that's something, but it's not my heart's desire. From her interviews on the subject....she's a goner forever as an actor. Is anyone here willing to just have dvd's from the past to remind them of what could have been? Are we just that complacent? Can we all just settle? She has too much talent to stop now.

Sorry, Florry if I got too personal again. TDB. I just hate to see someone with so much talent so underused and with so much promise just possibly...don't lie and think she won't, disappear from her fandom just because she wants kids. Sorry,. work in Special Ed and...really, the care that Hollywood kids get is beyond the stratosphere where ordinary public school students get. Red carpet treatment and all that. She'd be an idiot, which I know she's not, to insist anything more comfortable/ IEP directed for her child...but would she be working in media at all? Fans, you love her, but are you willing to lose her forever after Miami? Think about it. I'm not. Selfish, yes, but when you choose to live your life in the limelight, you lose a lot of personal freedom.> So, I'm of the opinion that if she chooses to have a child at her age and some thing goes wrong, it's just like my job. You still need to come to work and produce. If you can't, then, quit. Too damn bad. You have people counting on you and you can no longer produce. Then you need to go away until you can. Year is held for you. Longer and you go looking. A.J. Cook did it on Criminal Minds and even closer, Anna Belnap did on CSI:New York. My informed opinion. Flame me if you must, but do take it off list so that we can have a full heated discussion and not bore anyone else.

7. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

I'd like to tell you all something I consider really important.

Being a fansite and following the talent of a woman like Emily Procter has to teach us something, so I, as AnAwardForEmily, have decided to follow her steps supporting this year two charity events which are strictly connected.

AnAwardForEmily is gonna help "What A Pair!", most of you know what it is, it's a show, a bunch of wonderful starsystem women who duets to raise money to help research against breast cancer. This year it will take place in London also, you can find all the information you need in

WAP London MYspace
    "What A Pair" Official Site

The second charity is a younger version of "What A Pair!", it is called "SING!" and it's recluiting young people in the LA area who can sing and would like to join a charity show to raise money for Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times www.campronaldmcdonald.org and Childrens Hospital Los Angeles www.childrenshospitalla.org . They are looking for young singers but even volunters, whatever you can do is welcome!
    More info in: SING! Official Myspace
    and : SING! Official site

AnAwardForEmily will post news and updates on our myspace site, you already know it!, and on our FB group. Every little help is a big step against cancer, care to join us?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  8. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

lusianna88,

While your campaign is worthy and admirable, there are bigger things in the world right now.

I want Emily to get every award she deserves, but we have bigger global issues right now. I'm sure you've heard about the devistating earthquake in Haiti. Maybe the European news channels are not broadcasting the human carnage as much as the far closer global US stations have from this. As much as I appreciate and will eventually vote for Emily later, the people in Haiti need my and others focus and my help more, as small as the nation is, now. It's the most impovershed country in the world and it just suffered a genocide delivering blow. My friend and neighbor is from Haiti and he can't find his family.It's an agony for him and his wife. Think about how you'd feel. Think about how hard it would be for anyone in any country to be unable to find family to see if they are unharmed? Mods, censor me and I don't care. I care about others beyond me. Shut me up for a week or two. Go ahead. I'll accept it if it made a few think of something Global and not local and in the CSI world. Let's be like Csi's amd step up to help.

On a side note: I hope the main prison on Haiti fell on Hans Petersen and killed him because he murdered my friend, Aileen's, husband David, without provocation. He stabbed David 21 times and then fled like the coward he is to Haiti, knowing that the country was a French protectorate and doesn't have the death openalty like Illinois has. I hope the entire prison buried him for the cruel and senseless act of killing a gentle and compassionate healer. The man was a freakinf DERMATOLOGIST! How more healer and harmless can you get? I don't appologise. he's an insane murderer and deserves his fate. I won't disgust the posters in the way I jope he died because it's so Criminal Minds in profile. Ey for an eye.

Oh, my goodness, I went so off list with a personal rant that few understand here. I am so sorry. I promise that won't happen again. The list has been so bare lately. I originally tried to give a topic. It so backfired since I ranted. So...topic, please?

lusiana88

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  9. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

ladyd10, yes, I know exactly what's happening in the world, I read papers and Italy is one of the nations which is sending more help right now but I can't see you have not read at all what I have written.

The campaign I am helping right now does not have anything in common with giving an award for emily, if you follow the links I wrote they are CHARITIES! I am talking about Breast Cancer Research and Cancer in Children...

I know that there are more important things in the world, a lot of people know that and they are doing whatever they can but the fact that we are here discussing about something else does not mean we are idiots who don't care of the poor people in Haiti. I am giving my help for that and since I am involved with some charities that help research I had the idea to share it with people here.

Please, read what people write before starting a rant about them..

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Hey guys...

As much as the events in Haiti have been absolutely devestating and while I'm sure we're all sympathetic with the situation, it's something that really doesn't belong in a thread to discuss Emily/Calleigh and/or CSI:Miami. I do encourage those who would like to speak out about it to visit the Miscellaneous Forum where it would be much more appropriate. In fact, there's even a thread in GenTV&Media regarding stars helping Haiti where you can discuss and post charities that are helping out.

It would be appreciated if discussion on the matter could continue into one of those venues. Thank you. :)

As for sites/charities related to or connected to Emily Procter, it's perfectly fine if it continues in this thread.

11. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

I decided to open my really big Emily video archive and I am uploading them on our Youtube channel. So, check it out in the next days, you'll see a lot of things, maybe some you have never seen...

AnAwardForEmily's Channel

12. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

That would be awsome! Looking forward it! Thanks lusiana!

13. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

I have already uploaded something, if you want to take a look!

14. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

You have one awesome website, lusiana88! Nice content. I put it in my favorites list. I'm looking forward to your updates.

15. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

Thank you very much Lusiana!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.