Emily/Calleigh#12: -'Une très jolie petite blonde''

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Florry86, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

Hey! Look who's back!!! LINK

2. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Great website, Lusiana!

3. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Okay, I just finished watching my copy of The Family Plan and it was sweet and funny. It's not anywhere near Oscar worthy, but it's a cute film with lots of warmth and fun. I hate to say it, but the two kids looking for their mom steal the entire movie. Yet, Emily was terrific and her chemistry with the children rocked. She showed her acting chops back in 1995 and was fun to watch. She brought a lovablemess to her character that had the viewer pulling for her from the start. If you don't have it, go and find a copy. PM me if you want to know where I got mine. I don't want to accidentally give away a link I shouldn't.

4. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Totally different subject, yet still on Emily as Calleigh. I wrote a story a while ago called Autism is a World where the team, especially Calleigh, meets up with an unusual and wonderful boy that is autistic. The character was based on one of my students. HBO is releasing a movie about Dr. Temple Grandin, an autistic adult who has revolutionized agriculture. She is remarkably indicative of the kind of autistic student that I have highlighted (my "Johnny" in my story).

Emily has been stated as supporting in whatever way she did of the Autism Society of America and Autism Speaks. From a long time personal experience, no one I have ever met gets involved with autism charities unless autism touches them, personally. I think Eva LaRue has someone in her life that is autistic and got Emily involved. More the merrier. Anyway, last year, Emily was one of the National spokespersons for autism research. A generous and really lovely person. She could sell ice to Eskimoes. My kids would flock to her like seagulls to a fish fry. She'd be burried under a pile of primary kids.

Anyway, a heads up on one of Emily's recent pet charities. Anyone want links to Autism Speaks or the Autism Society of America, PM me and I'll link you up.

5. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I like the link. OMG guys, me and a few of my friends set up this snow cone sale at school (Sports Day) and we raised $38,818 JAMAICAN dollars for Haiti, it's equivalent to about $440 US...it's a start though... I just felt it was convenient to say that here.:)

6. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Oh, hey, there's a movie coming out on HBO about Dr. Temple Grandin, the most famous and successful autistic person in the U.S. It dosn't deal with Emily at all, just something close to my heart. My best friend is autistic. Anyway, it still relates to my Autism Is A World. It gives a better and closer understanding if Hollywood doesnt screw it up. Understanding autism and Dr. Grandin after years of reasearch, it probably won't. Anyone that can, I beg you to please tune into HBO Feb 6th. Autism is one of Emily's charities until I find otherwise, and understanding how loving and big hearted she is, probably still is.

7. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I'd watch it, but with the type of cable I have you have to choose certain packages and I don't have HBO, well they're giving away free up until 31st but hey, it's Feb now, so I don't have it.

I would be cool to watch something with Emily, though she's not in this movie your talking about.

8. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

Going back to Emily. Yes, it would be so nice to see her in something new. In the meanwhile, for those of you who have not seen it, if you have it is nice to watch it again!, there is this wonderful short movie she played in some time ago. It's called Turnover and you can watch it free on http://www.theclawproductions.com/ that is the site of the director: Michael Blieden.

9. roulietta

roulietta Hit and Run

Hey all!!

Just to let you know that you can find all Emily's photoshoot for Signature on Getty Images since today!
    She's absolutely georgous!

And you can find a promo picture for the ep "Miami we have a problem": we see Calleigh and Jesse on it

10. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

^^^ Thanks for the tip, Roulietta. Emily really does look gorgeous in those photos.

11. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I saw Emily on the Super Bowl's Best Commercials tonight. I didn't even know she would be on. I just tuned in because some of the best commercials air during the SuperBowl. For those outside the U.S., the SuperBowl is our American rules football championship. I normally don't pay attention, accept for the funny commercials. The football playing Clydesdale horses are my favorite.

Anyway, during tonight's show, they interviewed Emily, whom, I believe, really doesn't watch the Super Bowl. Just her hesitancy and faltering in her answer told me that she really doesn't care/watch football and was only trying to be nice and add that Miami connection Since the Saints and Colts are playing in Miami. I want the Saints to win. A pure unadulterated PR manouver. Good call by her manager. So many guys find her hotter than the sun. She picked the Mean Joe Green Super Bowl classic as the best advertisemant. It is a classic. I love it, but I love the Budwiser Clydesdales more. I love them playing football for their farmers' audiance. How fun! Actually, I really loved the Bub-Wise-Er frogs from a while ago more. They were so funny!

12. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Hey did anyone else notice that on Monday's episode, despite the black blazer, wardrobe put Emily in a lovely royal purple top? Purple is amazingly beautiful on her and I wish she had a chance to drop the black blazer because the color would have been so striking on it's own. What little was seen look wonderful. Wardrobe needs glasses. They need to put her in unadulterated colors. She looks so good in colors!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  13. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

In the UK they are showing now very first episodes of CSI Miami. I have never seen them as I started to watch it from Season 3 and I can't help but notice how lovely Cal look in colours...I think purple and pink, but I think the best coulour on her is blue, like for most blondes.
    I don't really like her sense of dressing now...it's always black or occasionally colourful(but not showing even a piece of neck) top with black jacket or sweater...It's Miami for God's sake! It's supposed to be hot there...
    I also liked her different hairstyles - ponytail or two - it looked really pretty on her. Last three seasons it seems like she doesn't experiment with her hair at all.
    She still looks pretty in long hair and black clothes, but from time to time she could change something...

14. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I've noticed that Calleigh's clothing as been somewhat more covered up in Season 8 than it was in previous seasons. I'm sure that some of it is simply the CSIM wardrobe dept. wanting her style to evolve in an age-appropriate fashion. In other words, tank tops and halters were appropriate in Seasons 1-2, when Calleigh's character was in her late 20's, but as she's moved into her 30's, she's adopted a more sophisticated fashion sense.:cool:

Of course, some Hiphugger fans have other theories about why Calleigh might be wearing more covered-up, loose-fitting clothing (e.g., jackets, blazers, etc.);). I guess time will tell on that front ...:lol:
    --------------------
    ~Delquesne
    My Fanfiction Page: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1963442/MightyMiaBoo

15. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

loved emily in ep 15 this week awsome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.