Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Malcolm's "daughter" was one of the most irritating kids in a movie to date. Right up there with Annakin Skywalker. :lol: I kind of liked the part with the T-Rex in the city though. They did take it a bit too far, but the idea was good. they should have left out the part with him walking around the streets and just showed him busting out of the boat and then at that kid's house (though they didn't have to show him with the dog's chain in his mouth- poor doggie) and then part where Malcolm and Julie lead him back to the boat. Showing him walking around the city streets in the middle of traffic was a bit much. :lol: It was a little too "Godzilla" for me. But as a whole I liked the movie... I just wish they'd left the little kid out of it. :lol:

2. GregNickRyanFan

Stan Helsing- Another one of those movies from the makers of the "Scary Movie" films. They had "Scary Madison" as the name of the company. Okay, I don't know if Adam Sandler has a horror movie company now or if this was just the Scary Movie people being silly, but anyway. This movie wasn't as bad as the Scary Movie films. It had some funny parts and some utterly stupid parts, but it wasn't nearly as stupid as the other movies. :lol: Plus it had Van from Reba in it, so that helped. :lol: It had Michael Myers, Jason Voorhies, Freddy Kruegar, Leatherface, Pinhead and Chuckie all chasing the people. :lol: Of course they were called Michael Criers, Mason, Fweddy, Pleatherface, Needlehead and Lucky. :lol:

Word of warning though, if you are sensitive about Michael Jackson (ie if you are a huge fan), avoid this movie at all costs. Or at least as soon as you see the ice cream truck, fast forward. Its not very nice toward him. That scene I could have done without.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  3. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

I saw "He's Just Not That Into You" twice now and I love this film. I'm a big fan of movies with multiple storylines. A great cast to start with, which is one of the biggest strenghts of this movie. I like the different stories, but the one with Gigi and Alex was my favourite. Gigi is so sad, yet it's so hard to NOT like her. I also liked Beth and her desire to get married and I felt sorry for Janine with her a-hole husband Ben :klingon:. There was actually one thing I didn't like: Scarlett Johansson. I usually love her, but in this movie I couldn't stand her. She was fake, her acting was not inspiring and her character was very annoying. The best thing about the film is that you can recognize certain situations from your own life (like: oh that's why he never called me?). Perfect movie about the miscommunication between men and women.

4. GregNickRyanFan

I liked this movie a lot too. The end is just too precious. And you're right about noticing things from your own life.

5. allmaple

allmaple Judge

ugh, why do i keep putting myself through movies i know will be terrible!

this week on mythbusters they tested a scene from jason x where jason pushes a womans head into liquid nitrogen and smashes it like ice. since they obviously could not show that scene on the discovery channel, my morbid mind thought "id like to see that"

so last night i get myself jason x and watch it. wow. when the only idea you have left for you movie franchise is to freeze the main character and wake him up 450 years in the future you should probably just stop making movies. the acting was horrid, the effects were cheesey, the story and dialogue were just plain stupid. i probably should have just turned it off after the frozen head scene...

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

The original Stargate movie is on TV and I'm watching it again for like the thousandth time. It's one of those movies that I always seem to watch when it comes on, like a guilty pleasure.

Still love it too. :)

7. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Loved the Stargate film, too! Actually I think I should watch it again some time ;)

I finally got my hands on a The Boondock Saints DVD and got to watch it in English! That film is absolutely brilliant!

It's about two brothers (of Irish descent) in Boston who start to kill off bad guys after they had an epiphany, both and at the same time. They're both really religious and justify their killings through their beliefs.
    It is actually a bit funny and the FBI agent who hunts them is a great character. Willem Dafoe has done a great job!

There'll be a sequel and I sure will be watching it!

8. GregNickRyanFan

Jason X was bad, but I loved the fight between Jason and the android. That was just cool to me. :lol:

9. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

I saw "Big Fish". I've seen this movie a couple of times now, but every time it fascinates me. The incredible creative mind behind this story, which is Daniel Wallace, the writer of the novel. He brings it to life and you're dragged in to the story. Edward Bloom (Albert Finney when old and Ewan McGregor when young) is the man who tells these brilliant stories. His son doesn't like it, because his dad never told him a true thing. But deep in his heart, that's who his father is. And that;t the reason why eveybody likes Edward.
    My favorite part was when Edward tried to win Sandra over. The garden full of dafodils is one of the most romantic filmmoments ever. "Big Fish" isn't just a movie (directed by Tim Burton by the way), but it's a movie experience!

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ I totally agree. This film epitomizes the term "feast for the eyes" without a doubt. And the father/son relationship story is just fantastic. I loved that movie.

11. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Yeah, I agree that his so called daughter is one of the most irritating kids in a movie to date. Why else do you think I want her dead? :lol: (I swear, if she was alive and just not a simple character in a movie, I would kill her). She drives me insane. Have no idea about Anakin Skywalker though, but I am no Star Wars-fan, and haven't seen any of those movies yet.

And I agree, the idea with the T-Rex was good. But they went too far, which made it all ridiculous and crap. I have no idea why I even continued watching it. But there were some funny parts, like the oned you mentioned :guffaw:

12. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Crank
    Loved it. I don't like action movies, but I really loved this guy :D He's hot, crazy and funny. I don't really understand why he had to kill those dudes, though. I haven't seen the second movie yet, only the first 15 minutes, but I'm kinda looking forward to watching it, because the first movie ended with a huge cliffhanger. I'd rate it 8/10.

Dead Snow
    You can see my review in the worst movies ever thread. What a waste of time.

13. GregNickRyanFan

The Beast Within- Not a bad movie for the type of movie it was. Not something I'd care to watch a second time though.

The Ugly Truth- I laughed a lot during this movie, but these types of movies always end the same. I was hoping it would end differently ie
    I was hoping that Colin wouldn't care that she acted differently than she really was and that he'd want her anyway and that she'd want him and think her moment in the elevator with Mike was just a fluke. But of course it had to end the same way you knew it was gonna end the minute you saw the preview for the movie. :rolleyes:
    Not a bad movie though. This movie reminded me a lot of "Roxanne".

14. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

I just re-watched THE PROPOSAL.
    So funny! Great cast. loved Sandra & Ryan's chemistry which was surprising to me coz I thought about it when I first heard about the film way back. It was one of those feel good movies to watch when you are having a stressful day.

15. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

2012 - One of the worst movies I have ever seen. I wish I was joking, but the movie was two and a half hours of crap. Don't waste your time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.