Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

:(
    While it would be sad to see Emily leave so soon after Adam, I agree with DeaditeSlayer that Miami would survive both of their departures. No one is indispensable (things may suffer though if DC leaves) and DeaditeSlayer used Vegas as an example of a show losing several actors and still going strong. With the new characters introduced and with ELR, JT and RL being quality actors each capable of carrying an episode, the show will be fine. Besides...

I agree with Wasabi, I don't think Emily is going anywhere.

Eva has been quite good when featured in an episode and everyone saw in WISC what Jon can do. EC, CC and OM are great and interesting additions (EC if they keep writing him the way they are now). I will still watch and believe with DC and the remaining cast, they won't miss a beat:thumbsup:

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Details on the crossover:

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Dave Benton is listed as guest star for the NY cross-over. Wonder why he get's to go ...:wtf:

4. bogglesthemind

bogglesthemind Dead on Arrival

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but there's a new preview for Bad Seed (8.05) over at the CBS website. Slightly different than the one that played after Monday's episode. Looks good...and sad.

5. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

Here are my thoughts and vents about season 8 so far:

First of all let me say that I am so sad that Adam Rodriguez is leaving! He is my favorite actor on the show. Although I realize that Adam wants to move on to do other projects, and I wish him the best, I still am very upset that he's leaving. In addition, I think that the writers are making up for Adam's departure by focusing too much on Eddie Cibrian's character Jessie Cardoza. Miami has had 3 episodes this season and all three are highly "Cibrianized". WTF????:wtf: I think that he has had more airtime than Caruso and Procter! Even the premere, which was about ERIC in a coma, was very much focused on Cibrian. What about LaRue and Togo? Haven't they earned the right to have more screen time? I know that the writers are using Cibrian to take the place, somewhat, of Rodriguez. I don't think Cibrian is a bad actor (I liked him in Third Watch), but they really should give the actor's who have been there longer more screen time. I think that the storylines though have been alright. AND....I waited 7 years for Calleigh/Eric to get together and now they are going to break up because Adam is leaving. That really sucks.

Also, did anyone watch the previews for next week? I thought Adam, according to his Tweets, was doing 8 episodes. from the promo it seems like he's leaving next week. :confused::confused:

.....okay, deep breath. Thank you for letting me vent a little.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

He is leaving CSI next week, but he's going to appear in five more episodes throughout the season. I think the total was ten.

7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well - Yeah - Ten is the number that has been put out there....

In Shíppertread however we are just not clear as to any Ericpops comming true or what.

This is from the Gary Dourdan tread before he left:
    From May 2008:
    According to []Entertainment Weekly, an insider with CSI says that Gary Dourdan might reprise the role of Warrick Brown for occasional guest appearances in later seasons after his upcoming exit from the show.

A reply by a fan: At least we know he's not being killed off. :thumbsup: although it doesn't make alot of since if he was fired, maybe TVGuide got that wrong? Confusing.

But they did end up killing him off so;
    I was just wondering: If franchise made people belive he left and did pops later as Eric is surpose to do ....Who says/decides if Eric - pops becomes a reality or is just a gimmick to please fans?

8. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

CBS always falls back on their promises... I'm just glad that CBS is giving AR a proper goodbye. Will definately miss this guy!!! :(

9. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

Why is it that if someone from CSI, such as William Peterson and Jorga Fox, want to leave at the end of their contracts to pursue other things, they are written out. If someone from Miami wants to leave the producers want to kill them off? I just read that Jorga is back and William is welcome back whenever he likes? Really?? The way these shows are run kind of disturbs me. Sorry I had to vent.

10. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well if I was to give a logic answer. Please note: mean no offense to anybody and will appriate this to be a debate as to topic and not to post.

1. Dramatic effect - in perspective of shows general/overall storyline.
    2. Characters popularity. This IMHO linked with 3 says alot. When Griss left it could have been the end of the show or the solution they choose.
    Browns effect didn´t have the same "impact" on show as whole. There is some mecanismes there with lead man and castcharacters. Let us leave that for now.
    3. Actors relationship with producers. IF a actor has any personal problems that affects work. Someones drinking or using drugs and perhaps NOT being able to do their job or showing up prepare. Show has 2 choices 1. rehab or 2 fire that person. When Marg was divocing it did not show on show and didn´t cause her characters storylines to suffer. THIS IS JUST speculation or IMO
    4. storyline possiblities. If writers get stuck and can´t find a workable solution. "Killing off" is so easy. Beside writers might run out of ideas as to storyline that would fit the character. Aka would Brown character suddenly display religiuos tendencies and would show have time to explain why.
    5. future of show. If writers or producers wants new character to come on and have some good storyline. Then it is hard to have popular characters compete for sceentime and storylines.

In Erics case Ann Donahue is remoured to have intervened and stopped the "Killing off" line but the pops are ???(Writers choice or showrunnerchoice I don´t know. If show is paying by the episode he could be left out completly but if ratings drop they might use him to have ratings raise again

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  11. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Just read the spoilers for 8.10... Its the Jesse and Walter show again...:rolleyes:
    Where's delkolover to shed some light on this?? Would write up the spoiler, but she does it so well!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2009
  12. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

William Peterson is an executive producer of his show so I guess he has some clout to keep his character intact but I also can't understand why CSI alumni (with a few exceptions) end up in boxes

At least Alexx is alive and well

13. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I wonder if Adam would be in this episode because he said in his twit that he would be back shooting on Nov. 3?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2009
  14. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

Well they must be paying Cibrian big bucks and he must have a kick ass contract to be featured in so many episodes. I guess they are trying to win over the Delko fans.

15. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I'll admit that Eddie is very easy on the eyes but it will take more then a pretty face to win me over.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.