Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It's also too much like Sara's original exit. A case got to her so much that it made her leave.

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

And Eric's epi 5 exit.

3. menasolar

menasolar Victim

Hi you back! I'm really happy you liked my vids. Means a lot. I'll try and upload them when I get a chance. I read a speculation about Em's contract ending at the end of this year. I hope 8.05 hug is not a break up hug. That would be lame after what-8-years? With Miami writers , one can never be sure. I would be disappointed, I'm such a shipper sucker.

4. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

oh i remember when somebody said this. if i remember correctly, they got the spoiler off of wikipedia and as we all know wikipedia is not the best place for spoilers. i might not be right but that is what i remember about this.

5. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened :( They seem to take off from CSI every now and then :(]

But Miami doesn't really rip off much, if anything rips off Miami/Las Vegas, I think it's BONES in a way :S But that's for another thread :)

6. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

Maybe Cal is going with Eric on a little vacation. :thumbsup: i like to think positive.

If Emily leaves for good I won't be happy camper.

7. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

ME EITHER! For every show I've been addicted to I need a fav actress and if she goes, oh well the show just got flushed down the drain...I remember that spoiler now! Calleigh said it was temporary didnt she...so why's everyone on the way to freakin out? Am I missing sumthing?...:(

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    I don't see any freaking out.

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

As I've said before, I think Calleigh is played out and to be honest I think Emily would be happier somewhere else with Adam gone and the E/C storyline in a questionable place along with her stated plans to get pregnant soon.

I really wouldn't miss her if she left. I've been avoiding her storyline for a while now anyway - and that's probably something I'll continue.

I think one of the best actresses on television and one of my favorite actresses is already on the show - Eva LaRue. They just need to make it her turn for a while and bring her to the front. She's amazingly talented.

So my fav would still be there if Emily leaves.

That said, I put absolutely no stock whatsoever in that spoiler.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  10. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I don't think Calleigh's going anywhere, personally. :thumbsup:

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Since y'all are talking about the possibility of Emily/Calleigh leaving the show, well here's my opinion.

The show CAN'T afford losing two actors like Adam Rodriguez and Emily Procter, not to mention two central characters (let's not deny they've been the focus of the show in the last years) like Delko and Calleigh within the season, unless they want to commit suicide. It's not safe, at all for them ;). Not this years when there are some major changes going on.

Unfortunately for Emily (IF she wants to leave for whatever reason), she will have much more pressure than Adam had just because she would be the second person who wants to leave the show. I just don't see TPTB letting her go so easily, unless they're completely drunk or fool!
    It's just not the way things work out in this kind of business ;)

But hey everything can happen, it all depends on Emily's relationship with TPTB and her true inentions ;)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I disagree that the show can't afford to lose two central characters. CSI Vegas lost THREE central characters in the span of what two seasons? And they're still doing good in the ratings (for now at least). If Miami writes Eric's exit where he can return now and then (which we've heard they're supposedly going to do), then I think it'll be fine. I firmly and whole-heartedly believe that the others could and would be able to carry the show. I also believe that as long as DC is still on the show, the show's ratings will be fine. They may slip a little when Adam leaves and may slip a little bit more when/if Emily left, but I do not believe that the show would be doomed.

However, I don't think Calleigh will leave permanently this season and if she does it will be in the finale. Or they could do a cliffhanger making you wonder if she's going to stay or go and then her last episode could be Ep 1 of the following season.

13. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree with you, DeaditeSlayer. While I think it would be a blow to lose two central characters in one season, I don't think it would be a death blow. I think you'd see a dip in the ratings initially, but I think they could recover if the scripts continue to be of the caliber they have been so far this season.

And all of the characters being introduced this season are being accepted by most of the audience in a positive way. They are using their heads and casting carefully with smart, talented people.

Eva LaRue could easily pick up the female lead if Emily were to decide to leave. And if they continue to use their heads like they have been in casting new people, and introduce her as well as they did Cibrian's character, I'm sure they could find another female cast member the audience would welcome as they have the current new additions.

CBS has been pretty clear for months now that they won't being giving anyone any serious raises in the near future. Despite speculation I've seen elsewhere, there is no evidence that Caruso's salary has been raised or adjusted in anyway that would affect his cast mate's negotiations. The last listing I saw of salaries indicated his was moderate (especially for the lead of a series that pops up regularly as the most watched show in the world) - not over the top as some are.

I beginning to doubt that Adam leaving is based strictly on money issues. They're hiring of so many new characters at one time tells me they have a reasonable budget for personnel. I'm not going to speculate about what other things may be involved, but I believe that money was only one of them.

I do agree with those who say Adam's "tweets" indicate it may not have been his first choice to move on. Who knows, maybe something can be worked out yet.

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well...considering how they're handling the characters, the storylines and the guest stars....Emily's eventaual departure along with Adam won't be a death blow, at least to me. There's no way to deny that right now everyone especially Eva and Togo can carry on the show 'cause they've done and still are doing a great job with it ;). Not to mention that they're working with everyone sooooooooo well!

So yeah I'm having faith in TPTB for this season 'cause I've already seen how everyone is working very well :thumbsup:. Let's hope they'll go on like this!

15. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

They are doing a good job introducing the new characters, aren't they? Kind of makes you wanna ask the people in charge who they are and what they've done with the real PTB? :lol: I'll be honest. I didn't have a lot of faith. I figured they would mess it up. I'm so pleasantly surprised it's scary. :)

I think Eva and Jonathan could do an amazing job if they are turned lose and allowed to show what they can do. Let's not forget Rex! And the new additions are doing a terrific job.

And yes, while I think irrepairable damage has been done in some areas, everyone seems to be getting along. I'm with you, Flo. Let's hope they are able to keep it up! :)

It does look like a pretty happy group this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.