CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

It's possible that Catherine sends Langston, or Langston offers to go - or it could just be because none of the other actors would do the crossover. *shrug*

2. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Or it's more likely that TPTB felt that LF was the only big enough name to do it.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I think it was a bad move to have LF be the new lead on the show but NOT have him be the new leader for the team. It makes no sense that the newbie would be the one who's flying to Miami and NY to work with the two heads of the other crime labs. Logically it should have been Catherine. But I agree with both Fay and Ceindreadh that the most likely reasons they went with Langston was because LF is the show's big name and the other actors on LV never liked the idea of the spinoffs so they wouldn't be on board for a crossover episode.

4. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Funny thing is, I think I could almost get behind the decision if I felt they'd pull it off without glaring plot inconsistencies :lol: I don't have a problem with Langston, even though I'm not a fan. But I can't really convince myself that they won't. I mean, I don't see how they're going to explain Catherine leading the case from Vegas when her rookie is running across the country in search of that missing vic. But since they don't do the two-case episodes anymore, she probably will be leading the case.

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

This article from ET Online includes some quotes from NY's PTB:

6. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

I still don't see any reasons we get Langston insteed of Catherine in Miami, if we don't like him, we are not going to change our mind just because we will have to watch him third time in the same week, plus as a bonus we have to endure Caine, great show indeed, as I said no way i'm gonna watch these episodes and I really hope it is not the first but not least Langston show in NY.

7. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

i'm liking this 3 way cross over but i'm alittle stuck i dunno how it's gonna work over here in the UK because you get all 3 showing at the same time mon - wed - thurs ?

We get csi on a tuesday and Csi NY on a saturday at the same time (a few months after you) but we don't get Miami until after csi has finished on a tuesday were just watching season 7 now but already seen 9 and 5 of the others.

anyone know if it's gonna change this year?

8. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

I was wondering the same for us in France because generally we didn't get the three shows in the same time we've just finished CSI Miami yesterday night I think it was season 7 last episode ( I don't watch Miami) and next tuesday CSI NY will begin with s05e02 because we didn't see the end of season 4 yet !!! I wonder if Lindsay will have her baby before telling Danny she is pregnant:eek::eek: you are so lucky in US:scream::scream::scream: well the good new is we don't have to wait the summer break with cliffhanger we will have s04e25 and s05e01 the same day...one day...maybe or never :(

9. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

There is strong chances which Lindsay delivers before we learn that she is pregnant.
    Thus to have three CSI in the continuation, I think that they faillent us to move in United States.

10. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Somehow I was hoping more characters would do that crossover- if that makes sense, but I should have known it better. Looks like Langston will be very busy. :lol: Still I'm curious to see how this will turn out (even if I only will see the NY part of the crossover), I hope our other characters will be involved as well.

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

That's what I think too. Somehow it's easier for one character to go to all three cities than for each team to travel.

But, I would still love to see Mac go to Vegas. A little Mac/Catherine screen time would make me happy. :hugegrin:

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i'd like to see that too!

this is me being thick: is it this week that's crossover week? so this week is the one to make sure i watch all three?

13. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

No, it's in November. Starting on Nov 9th. :)

14. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

Lol, I'd love to see a discussion between Catherine and Stella about their odd, adorable, and socially awkward bosses/best friends. :lol:

I don't watch Miami, but just seeing the NY and LV teams interact with each other would be great. There are sooo many chances for some really great scenes between the characters. Greg/Adam, Cath/Stella, Warrick/Nick/Flack/Danny, Doc Robbins/Sid, and of course Grissom/Mac. *sigh* Now I wish I was a writer...

15. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.