CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueRose

BlueRose Dead on Arrival

The spoilers are awsome!!! I think this year is going to be a good year.
    I love that they are giving storylines to both Hawks and Flack this year.

2. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I don't really understand why, but since he's basically Grissom's replacement so he's the lead. I don't know why the CSI shows can not have a female character with the leading role. I think after Grissom left and Catherine got his job, she should have become the lead character - not Langston.

But, in the Crossover (with Miami) it was Catherine & Warrick that went to Miami, Grissom didn't go. However, with Felony Fight & Manhattan Manhunt, Mac went to Miami and then Horatio came to New York (which is also what happened with MIA/NYC NonStop - Horatio went to New York).

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

heh, i know, i was being silly ;) i thought in that ep he gets beaten up or something?

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, he gets beaten up in that one and ends up going to see Nelly's character.

I just came across this little tidbit from Josie Davis from "Lat/Long" (she played Skeet's character's girlfriend/wife/whatever):

So I guess that proves y'all were right about her being a ghost.

5. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Thank you Carminelover!!!!! :D

I wonder where is Stella????????? :(

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

CSI Crossover

8. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Definitively not sound like a team episode, more like a Langston show, the more I read the more I want to pass this one.

9. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

It's true, i think, i'll see just csi ny

10. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Thanks for the info, Perl! I'm not sure I'll be watching the episode because I might get a bit lost if I don't watch the other two shows and I'm not going to watch them. I don't have the time or the endurance to stand Horatio Almighty Caine.

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

YAWN. Haven't human trafficking and organ harvesting both been done, redone and overdone by this franchise??

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Human trafficking, definitely. Again... and again... and again. Just last season on CSI: NY. Last season on CSI, too, I think. And two seasons ago on Miami.

Organ harvesting feels like it's been done a bit less, but I could be wrong about that. I know "Point of No Return" was sort of about that, but with a very different spin, different enough that it won't feel like a retread.

But poor, helpless girls being forced into the sex trade? Oh, we've seen that before. Again and again and again.

13. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Yeah, it really doesn't sound like much of a team episode. I'm hoping maybe it'll be like "Manhattan Manhunt"...Langston isn't as likely to steal the spotlight as Horatio did, and the other characters still got a bit of decent screentime in that episode.

I will pitch something at the TV if Horatio and Langston actually do start discussing sunglasses. Even during the Miami premiere, it was more irritating than funny that Horatio's sunglasses got an entire mini-storyline.

14. BlueRose

BlueRose Dead on Arrival

I know alot of people are sick of the human trafficking, but I understand why shows are writing them. Human trafficking is beoming a big problem and letting people know that its happening and what they do the people that are being trafficking, it gives people alittle heads up. Doing on pouplular tv gets the point across because not alot of teens - young adults watch the news.

15. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

^ The problem is not that they depict human trafficking again and again, but how they do it. The good guys always get the bad guys and save the poor, scared girls who cry with joy and thankfulness and there is no more suffering in the world. That's absurd. I want to see an episode where they catch some bad guys, but, for instance, we see one of them making his call from jail talking to an invisible boss somewhere to show things are not beautiful or easy to solve and that there's still a lot to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.