You know you're (insert nationality here) when...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Roka4csi, Oct 5, 2006.

1. SA_Kate_937

SA_Kate_937 Police Officer

You Know You're From Britain When...
    You believe that Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday are all good nights for drinking. Sunday day is also entirely reasonable.

You're always a half an hour late to work ... no-one notices or cares.

Coming to work with a hangover is entirely accepted and indeed expected at least once a week.

You can actually give directions to some of those annoying tourists in Oxford Street!

You step over a drunk in the tube station rather than offering to help them.

You don't even bother looking out of the window when you get up in the morning to check what the day is like. You know it is overcast.

You consider a suit to be normal attire for the pub.

You expect men to actually cut, comb and style their hair (using hair products). And to wear decent clothes.

You dissolve in laughter when listening to the funny accent of the Aussie international telephone operator (or on TV!).

You think �40 for a haircut is quite reasonable.

You can't remember what 'customer service' means.

After a big night out you find yourself looking for a Curry house

More than three hours sunlight on summer days seems excessive.

You don't think twice about tipping your hairdresser

You finish every sentence with 'Cheers' or 'Yeah'.

You only just realise you have lost your sunnies, you left them in Greece 2 summers ago.

You like English cuisine. I mean, it's hard to beat a full English breakfast.

You are on to your 6th umbrella and your second overcoat... this year

You've bought a disposable baby BBQ from Tesco.

A day at the beach means wearing the warmest clothes you own while standing on golf ball-size pebbles and the thought of swimming doesn't even enter your head.

You always call soccer football and you have a team and it's not Manchester United.

You don't think twice about buying a packaged sandwich.

A sunny lunchtime means searching for a patch of grass and stripping off practically down to your underwear

You've accepted queuing as a way of life.

You believe that every American is a fatass addicted to hamburgers and hotdogs.

You despise the French (but then, who doesn't?).

I took this off a site, hopw you like :p
    I found them funny...

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

That works for Finns too :D
    Wednesday is called "Little Saturday" actually and people are always in the bar on Wednesdays...

3. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

I'm german but I believe that too. :D

4. kimi

kimi Lab Technician

This one is funny :lol:. The French despise the British as well, I dunno why our countries can't stand each other ...

5. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

I do. The french are silly and pompous. :p

6. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

We had a discussion about stereotypes at school about a year ago. When it came to french people everyone was like "they talk gay and eat frogs", so I guess most germans aren't really fond of the french either. But that student exchange from 7th grade made me feel like that was a mutual thing :lol:

7. rachaelm

rachaelm Witness

haha some of those british ones so true ie the football not man u one and the umbrella one- mine just break constantly.
    although its sunny now and i'm in the north east so....

8. Roosey

Roosey Captain

:lol: You know you're Dutch when your President looks like Harry Potter.

You know you're Dutch when everyone's cursing when you walk on the street (and you're not an exception).

9. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Filipino:

If you have heard of superstitions that go like this:

*when you open an umbrella indoors, a lizard or a centipede will fall on your head.

And you actually believe it back when you are a kid.

10. Sidle71

Sidle71 Victim

Hahaha! Just had such a funny conversation with a friend in England! One of your "afrikaans" jokes about having 15 types of billabong clothing items and wearing them everyday! So funny! So i was chatting to my best friend who is living in england and she loves billabong, so i read her that one and as it turns out she was wearing a billabong Tshirt as we spoke!! Really amusing! SO thanks!!

11. Guest

Guest Guest

You know you're from utah (hey, states are quirky too- utah more than most) when:
    -your best friend learned to paralell park in downtown on a sunday afternoon
    -people drive 3 hours to wyoming to buy beer with more alcohol
    -you're slightly annoyed whenever you see people watering lawns during the day
    -you hear "heck" on a daily basis
    -you work at a hospital where half the doctors/nurses are bilingual because half the patients don't speak english
    -you're suprised when you go to the east and your hair doesn't air-dry after you wash it.
    -someone asks you to bring a salad to a party and is suprised when you bring lettuce instead of jello
    -you're slightly suprised every time you go to to california and see alcohol in the supermarkets
    -you go to college in pennsylvania and realize that the only umbrella in your house is actually broken- nobody can remember the last time they used it

You know your family is italian when:
    -your great aunt won't let you leave the table without eating until you explode
    -your other great aunt was 4'11"- before she got old and shrank
    -there's a running joke that your aunt's matzoh balls could be used in cannons
    -conversations are not necessarily limited to one language
    -your dad shouts at the world cup on TV in italian
    -your dad's a doctor and your aunt, uncle, and grandfather are lawyers.
    -after the third glass of wine everyone starts dozing off (no alcohol tolerance in that family :) )

12. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

You know you are a Finn when you accept that you only get negative feedback in your workplace. No feedback means you've done great job.

13. Roka4csi

Roka4csi Coroner

You know you're Lebanese when a bird pisses on your Internet box on the roof and it goes off for weeks - let alone what happens when it rains.

You know you're Lebanese when you curse everyones "bay" "ekhet" and "em", even if the person you're cursing is family.

14. Lauw

Lauw Police Officer

You know you're Dutch when the Government discusses wether a lame game show should be kept on the public network

15. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Do you mean 'Lingo'? Or 'Gouden Kooi'?

You know you're Dutch when it's freezing in the morning and it's really hot in the afternoon.