World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
arsenal star: freddie ljungberg and jens lehmenn
sweden vs germany:

Freddie invited by his good friend Jens Lehmann:
- I hope we can celebrate a German victory together, Freddie!
- Ha ha ha, that's German humour, says the Swedish midfield star.

We invented the game and called it football first I beleive, because you kick the ball with your foot ;)

American football if I'm not mistaken is played with your hands, strange name for it then :eek:

Anyway changing topic beofre I get pelted...
Enjoyed second half of Brazil match lat night they looked better, but they subbed Kaka, he is my absolute favourite!

I feel the same about France, I love Zidane, but I have a soft spot for Togo, would like to see them win :cool:

As for Graham Poll he is not the best, English ref got it so wrong :lol: sack him I say, did make me giggle, and Harry Kewell scored, another Liverpool player, very happy about that :D

Shine said:
kazzy said:
Some would find it very insulting that some people prefer to call football "soccer". :rolleyes:
Why?

I call it soccer, 'cause I'm a fan of American Football and it's easier to say just football instead of american football.

I think only Americans and Australians call football as 'soccer', because they have American football and Australian football. In other countries, football IS football. There's no right or wrong, really.

Spain didn't play really good, so I'm glad they won anyway. And in the other match I thought the penalty that Ukraine got was a bit dubious, but whatever, they got through.

France better pick up their game if they wanna go to the second round! :cool:

Holland - Portugal! Tough match, but play a draw against Argentina's A-team with your own B-team is good!

kazzy said:
Some would find it very insulting that some people prefer to call football "soccer". :rolleyes: :p

I can see why. Hell, I'm Canadian and I refuse to call it anything but football and if I ever use another name for the sport it will be association soccer but that's rare. Besides, why change the name of the game?

The final group stage matches will start very shortly. I think it would be nice if France and Switzerland made it through but I'm not sure if that's possible...

I always was horrible with the markers lol au aux le les la, it's all the same damn thing lol GO FRANCE! When do they play next?

I too call it football. And even, in croatian language is called nogomet - again: football.

And even if we look at it world-wise, football is is governed internationally by Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA). FIFA can't change the name, so the "F" strands for something. :D Although, I used "F" in another context yesterday.....:D moving on.

Anyway, I hope that France will win this game. Switzerland took the lead, s France needs to win to make it in the next round.

0-0 in the half-time and already 2 ref's errors ! we could already leads 2-0 :mad: See you in 45 minutes . GO FRANCE ...

DaWacko said:
Anyways... I only saw Holland - Argentina game yesterday and what a boring game it was! Part of me is sad to see how Holland will kick Portugal's ass next round :p
:devil: I only have one thing to say to you: :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
Ok... Holland will win, but we'll fit back! :p

Congratulations, Brazil!!! :D

:lol: Man, when did France get so bad at defendig the ball? In just a minute, two balls were passed to France and the Togo.. ians took the ball off them VERY cleanly. :p I don't mean them intercepting the ball when the pass is not completed, I mean after the pass was completed at both times. Seriously..., France is so bad at ball-handling.

Im hoping for a...0-1 to Togo! :D Yeah, Im not a big fan of France if you can tell. :rolleyes:

Dolphin said:
DaWacko said:
Anyways... I only saw Holland - Argentina game yesterday and what a boring game it was! Part of me is sad to see how Holland will kick Portugal's ass next round :p
:devil: I only have one thing to say to you: :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
Ok... Holland will win, but we'll fit back! :p

Oh, I like Portugal but I like Holland much more :p
I so hoped they'd won in EC 2004 *hides from JF*

i can't believe it: france won, france won FRANCE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 2-0 next round for us!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha

Ah bother. Perhaps if I shouldn't have posted, they wouldn't have scored 2 goals. :(

And poor South Korea! I wanted them to win against the Swiss. The World Cup is not going my way at all. Hmpf. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back