Not open for further replies.
Re: The World Cup and Other Football Stuff

Oh my God!
I can't believe it. I'm dreaming.
3rd champions league qualification round:

Red Bull Salzburg - Valencia 1:0

my little no-name football team won. *throws confetti*
I never expected that.
ok, the team has to 'survive' the second leg in Spain, but this victory is a sensation. no matter what will happen in two week. :D

Waow ! I didn't know that . Congrats to Salzburg , it's a feat :)

Congrats! Beating Valencia, that's a big deal!

And I'm happy because Arsenal won 3-0! Simply FAB-regas! :D

Great to see Liverpool win the Community Shield 2-1 against Chelski this afternoon. :D :D

YAY! Ajax just won the Johan Cruijff Schaal! Ajax (national cup winner) played against PSV (national league champion), and they won with 3-1. :D

Sweet! Greece takes on England in a friendly match tomorrow in Old Trafford at 20:05 tomorrow! Hopefully the boys in blue can get their revenge for when Beckham scored that free kick against us a few years ago but I hope even more that Greece improved on their form. I wanna see the return of the team that won the Euro Cup back in 04. HELLAS OLE DE STAMATO NA TRAGOUDO POTE HELLAS OLE!!! I'm so frigging excited.

We play against Northern Ireland today, a friendly match. I wonder how we do now that we have new coach (Hodgson) and Forssell is back in full health and plays with Eremenko jr. :D

We're playing Kuwait and then Bahrain in a few weeks to qualify for the Asia Cup...a few of my friends are going to the Bahrain game to see the Socceroos play...little do they know that with the majority of the players who played in the World Cup in England for Premier League, most of them won't be playing, so the team will be made up of A grade players :lol:

well, at least I'm pretty sure they're not playing...thats what the news just said

EDIT: Ok, I just found out that they are playing Kuwait tonight...as in right now, and I don't know when they are playing Bahrain...or if my friends are even going...well, they told me they were going to one of the qualifying games to see Harry Kewell play...

Our friendly match is with Italy, God help us. :D Although, their national team is basically the B team, they can be even more dangerous than A team.

However, our team is also a bit off, because our selector wants to try some players who have never step foot in the national team, but I appretiate that.

*cries into my ouzo* Oh Greece, what is happening to you? I can't believe we lost 4-0. The team that played today is different from the team the hoisted the Euro Cup trophy two years ago. How the hell could Nikopolidis just stand back and watch the ball travel into the net? Our defence on those goals was shit and our offence was probably just as bad. Seriously, we need to get rid of Otto. He's had his time as the manager but what he's been doing to the team is horrible. The guy's that he's using are too old (Zagorakis, Basinas) and we have have so many young guys and new players that can step up to the team. He needs to improve the team formation as well and move the players around a bit. We're way too much of a defensive team and that needs to change if we want to score as many goals as England did today. Basically, we need a extreme makeover soon and it's not to win the trophy again but to actually qualify. I'd die if we don't make it past the teams in our qualifying group :eek:.

WOEHOE Huntelaar Rocks, 2 goals and 2 assist in his first interland :p 4-0 for Holland !!!

We lost 2-1 to NI :lol: :lol: Both their goals were headers. OMFG so pathetic! Oh, Hyypiä, thought you were good defenseplayer :rolleyes: :p
Thankfully Väyrynen made one goal :D

Well, our make-over was succesful, a big shock to me.

Italy-Croatia 0:2.

I have to admit that italian team didn't have any of the players from the WC, but still I have to say that I liked our game a lot. New players (mostly from the the team U-21) really showed that they deserve the place in the national team. All and all, I'm happy! :D

Slaven Bilic made his debut with flying colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back