World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The World Cup and Other Football Stuff

Austria lost 2-1 to Hungary. It was soo embarrassing.
I didn't watch the whole game and so I didn't see the Austrian goal. :rolleyes: It doesn't matter, the game was terrible.
I expect the the worst for the Euro 2008.

Whoa! The English Premiereship has opened and there has been no talk of it!? :eek: But I'll start off then by saying that I'm very disappointed in Arsenal and Liverpool. How could it have been a draw? It's such a bummer. But I believe that Arsenal should have won that match against Aston Villa. They were practically attacking but man, luck was NOT on their side. But draw it was and my words won't change a thing. Hmm.....I'm still clueless as to which side I'm more a fan of. Liverpool or Arsenal?? :confused:

Liverpool Casper! ;)

Liverpool did lose Riise and Carragher to injury in the first half, which I think had an effect. They only had one sub option after that, plus they lost 2 great defenders. Having said that, the team selection was a bit strange. Not sure what Benitez was thinking, but he needs to sort it out quickly!

On a personal note, I went to Reading v Middlesborough yesterday and it was amazing! We were 2 goals down after 20 minutes, but we battled on and won 3-2. Brilliant game. :D

jorja_fan86 said:
*cries into my ouzo* Oh Greece, what is happening to you? I can't believe we lost 4-0. The team that played today is different from the team the hoisted the Euro Cup trophy two years ago. How the hell could Nikopolidis just stand back and watch the ball travel into the net? Our defence on those goals was shit and our offence was probably just as bad. Seriously, we need to get rid of Otto. He's had his time as the manager but what he's been doing to the team is horrible. The guy's that he's using are too old (Zagorakis, Basinas) and we have have so many young guys and new players that can step up to the team. He needs to improve the team formation as well and move the players around a bit. We're way too much of a defensive team and that needs to change if we want to score as many goals as England did today. Basically, we need a extreme makeover soon and it's not to win the trophy again but to actually qualify. I'd die if we don't make it past the teams in our qualifying group :eek:.
]
Heehee. Greece sucks. :p

And I couldnt believe that Arsenal struggled to beat Aston Villa, only managed to equalised after bringing on two subtitutes in which Theo Walcott was one of. :D And for the Liverpool one.... :lol: Sheffield United?! :rolleyes: But still even they lost two good players, but there is just no way you can just draw with them. Unless theyre crap. :p I see Liverpools' going to be weak in the premiership again this year and will lose their cup.

Go Man Utd!

Dutch competition has started too! :) Ajax is going to play against RKC Waalwijk today. In half an hour, we'll see.

I see Liverpools' going to be weak in the premiership again this year and will lose their cup.
:lol: No comment! ;)

Aww, you know it too, Lucy?

4-0! 4-0! 4-0! To Man Utd and it isnt even half-time/. :eek:

I'd say. * :rolleyes: at half-time score* Tough luck.

But the premiereship started off pretty shaky. Makes me wonder who the champion would be but at this early a stage, anything is possible.

On the plus side however, didn't see Cisse in 'Pool. *cheers* That's good news for me. But wait, who is that Schevcenko something dude in Chelsea. Looks like Mourinhou have hired another big-headed boy to be his monkey-mascot. Jumping about after every score. Didn't leave me with a good-impression I'd say. Nyehe.

Just to remind on the Shield Community match[something like that] with Liverpool vs Chelsea. Man oh man, that was some awesome shot my Risse. Great goal. Anyone catch that match?

Ajax - RKC Waalwijk ; 3-0. :) It's minute 75 of the game now. :) I'm happy about it. It shows that Ajax has improved.

ETA; YAY! 5-0 :D :)

CSIsMANIAC said:
On the plus side however, didn't see Cisse in 'Pool. *cheers* That's good news for me. But wait, who is that Schevcenko something dude in Chelsea. Looks like Mourinhou have hired another big-headed boy to be his monkey-mascot. Jumping about after every score. Didn't leave me with a good-impression I'd say. Nyehe.

Just to remind on the Shield Community match[something like that] with Liverpool vs Chelsea. Man oh man, that was some awesome shot my Risse. Great goal. Anyone catch that match?

LOL! I have no idea who that Shevchenko dude either, tsk tsk tsk :p

I saw the Community Shield match. Great performance by Liverpool. But they weren't convincing against Sheffield at all, and that penalty was doubtful. I am most disappointed with Arsenal though. They had like 50 shots and scored just one! They played beautiful, with the flowing passes and attacking moves but they just didn't take the chances. GRRR.

At least Bolton won. Woooo Campo! :D

Andrej Shevchenko! It's a wonder you don't know him! :) He was the European Soccer Player Of The Year 2004. :) He's a great player, actually. But it's a pity he plays for Chelsea now. I love AC Milan (his previous club)

Shevchenko is a great player :)

Ah, but how asskicking ManU was today!
They kinda did all the goals :p
Didn't see first half live because they (Canal+Sport) were showing DTM but I saw the goals and then 2nd half live :D
Tho I was booing at Christiano.

Poor, poor Niemi :( what a horrible game it must have been for him. He is a great goalkeeper after all.

kazzy said:
Heehee. Greece sucks. :p

Yeah, I thought that too but then I realized...which team was more recent in winning an important cup and I figure 2004 is closer then 1966 right :p?

I too am shocked by the start of the EPL, especially with Aresenal managing to only leave with a tie. I'm glad that my favourite team Bolton one but I wished Stelios Giannakopoulous scored. Anyway, I wonder how Man. City did...

People actually KNOW this Scevchjakyeui dude?! :lol: Pardon me then. But anyone in Chelsea is immediately thrown into my not-big-fan-of list :p.

On another plus side, yes! Man U was on FIIIREEE! Hahahah! Is it just me or could it be a Man Utd season? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back