World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The World Cup and Other Football Stuff

kazzy said:
DaWacko said:
I won't even look at the Fifa rankings because there is no point and it sucks big monkey balls. :| IMO

No! I like it now! England's fifth on the table. :D ..Oh, where's Finland this time? :p

Somewhere around the 50th :p
Besides, it will be probably again all fucked up when some USA starts to play games against weaker countries and when EC qualifications start :rolleyes:

OK, new decision has been made in italian football, AGAIN. :D

Apparently, now Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina are going to Serie B, and Milan stays in Serie A. And, get this, Juventus will start with -30 points!!! With that they've lost their last two champion titles. Lazio will start with "only" -7 points, and Fiorentina with -12 points. Milan will start with -15 points, but still in Serie A.

And none of the clubs will have have any chance to play in any Euro cup.
Now they have 3 days for appeal.

^Lost their Champions League spot.

I have to say that's pretty tought. But I'm glad tho. Four huge teams. Now I have to say this. Wow.

Oh that sounds better :eek:

Champions league will be very interesting this year though, give those clubs from other countries a really good chance, c'mon my boys..Liverpool for number six I say ;)

Will they replace them with other Italian teams?? because it will be a bit short of teams otherwise :confused:

^ Yes, Inter, Roma, Chievo and Palermo are in line to take Champions League places now.

This is what it says on the official UEFA site:

The Italian Football Federation has been set a 25 July deadline by UEFA to submit the list of teams from Italy eligible to participate in the 2006/07 club competitions. UEFA's Executive Committee issued a reminder at its meeting in Berlin on Tuesday that in accordance with FIFA and UEFA statutes, disciplinary cases should be dealt with by the appropriate decision-making bodies within the sporting structure.

"We have full trust in the Italian FA," said UEFA communications and public affairs director William Gaillard. "They will give us the list of clubs by 25 July, we will take it and accept it as it is."

YOu can find the whole article here .

I read that Milan is still hoping to make it into the Champions League...I don't know if that's true or not.

Anyway, I'm hoping they will show Dennis Bergkamp's testimonial match here, I would love to watch it! He's a legend. :)

news from Austria:

SV Mattersburg (first league here) - Arsenal 1:2
0:1 Jeremie Alieadiere
0:2 Justin Hoyte
:lol:

I thought that the Arsenal fans here are maybe interested... ;)

An apparently a new change has occured in the italian foorball, AGAIN.

Now, only Juventus goes to Serie B, and Milan, Fiorentina and Lazio will stay in Serie A.
Considering how all is going, by the beginning of the next season, Juventus will start in Serie A too. :D :D :D

^And Juve has only -17 points in the beginning instead of -30

It's still a big difference, since all players are leaving, except Del Piero. Apparently he'll stay. And I have to say: Good for him!

Misery said:
Considering how all is going, by the beginning of the next season, Juventus will start in Serie A too. :D :D :D

Yeah it really makes me laugh, what a masquerade :lol:.

So Del Piero stays at the Juve, but what about Trezeguet (Oh David ;)), and Viera ? Does anyone know what's goin' on with the Frenchies ?

I think Vieira is going to Inter...not sure though.

But, Nedved, Buffon and Del Piero are staying definetely and they are trying to perusade Trezeguet to stay also.

Btw, Milan is reinstated to the Champions League also.

I think its stupid trying to punish the teams then re-instating them back to their original place. They shouldn't have appealed.....it's like they're trying to say they didnt ahve any part in the scandals but it's been proven they did. Fools.

Anyway, watched Man Utd vrs Celtic. An alright game but....whats with the UGLY UGLY UGLY SHIRTS THIS YEAR! :eek: It's just so like the old shirts that Liverpool used to have...ugly shirts! :eek: :( here!
...JUST UGLY! I just hope it's just for the tours, not this year official shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back