World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The World Cup and Other Football Stuff

Well, Zidane talked on french TV today . He said that the italian player insulted his mother and sister with racist words and that he'd prefered to receive a punch but listen those words ! he regrets his punch because a lot of kids saw him .
He said too that the italian coucil president said that the italian team won against a black and north-african team ! Great ! black and north-african people will appreciate . I prefer being french and lost the WC . I can see me in a mirror without being ashamed !

DaWacko said:
I heard today that Greece can after all join EC qualifications.

I heard that today and when I did I was so happy! I like, pumped my fist in the air :lol:. Now I hope they don't embarass me and the rest of the Greeks worldwide by not qualifying for the Euro Cup. Seriously, they have to make it up for not being in the World Cup...

Who else here has seen the new fifa rankings? Finally, something has been done right!

Brasil, Italy and Argentina are first 3 teams, according to FIFA rankings. Understandable.

As for Zidane, nothing he can say can excuse his behaviour. Not because I think that if Materazzi said that is OK, but because that wasn't why he snapped. Throughout the whole game, the tensions were buiding inside of him. I doubt that things would be different if Materazzi had said something else.
Because Zidane did this before, and not just once.

And him saying that he would rather took a punch than listen to that...what about Fight against violance? Kids all over the world saw Zidane, their idol, make that punch. He should regret it. No excuses.

bobo said:
He said too that the italian coucil president said that the italian team won against a black and north-african team ! Great ! black and north-african people will appreciate . I prefer being french and lost the WC . I can see me in a mirror without being ashamed !

Well I've ckecked and actually the 'really nice italian council president' said that Italia beat a team of 'blacks, islamists and communists'... :mad: wtf ! OMG atually I'm not really surprised cos there're many problems of racism in the italian football but here it comes from the government :mad:. That's really a pity. So I second Bobo "I prefer being french and having lost the WC". France is a 'melting pot' and I'm really proud of being french. ;)
As for Zidane's case, I forgive him (and the way the crowd was chanting his name in Paris the other day makes me think he's been totally forgiven). I understand his gesture even if I don't support it. He said that he apologises (for the kids all over the world and for educators in training centers) but he doesn't regret his behaviour..cos otherwise it means that Materazzi was right to say what he said.

This incident doesn't change what I think of this great champion, the best french football player ever. :D

bobo said:
Well, Zidane talked on french TV today . He said that the italian player insulted his mother and sister with racist words and that he'd prefered to receive a punch but listen those words ! he regrets his punch because a lot of kids saw him .

I totally agree with you and Kimi. The main word in this WC was "Beat the racism"... I guess some italian guys didn"t catch everything... :mad:

Anyway, zidane stays the BEST football player I've ever seen.

I'm actually really happy tat he apologized to the children for being violent: that was exactly what i was waiting for and i'm pleased now...As for the headbutt and the insult, i just hope the FIFA will make it clear....Actually for now i'm more worried about the threaten of war then the future of Zidane....I just hope everything will turn good for those who deserves it.

jorja_fan86 said:
Who else here has seen the new fifa rankings? Finally, something has been done right!

I've seen it! Not too happy about Spain dropping, but I guess it's understandable. It looks much better now, anyway.

And I was wondering, any Liverpool fans worried about Bad Boy Bellamy coming to Anfield? :p

Oh I was concerned when I heard about it :eek: but I'm willing to see how he gets on, there is no doubting he is an exceptional player and we really do need some pace upfront :)

Maybe Rafa can keep him under control and if it is the case we have made a steal ;)

I won't even look at the Fifa rankings because there is no point and it sucks big monkey balls. :| IMO

OK, so punishmanet for the italian clubs is known now :D

Only Juventus will go to Serie B and will start the new season with -15 points (which will probably be too much for them to get to Serie A by the end of the season, but who knows...).They are actually happy with this penalty because they expected worse.

Fiorentina and Lazio will stay in Serie A, with -15 points at the beginning of the season. And Milan will also stay in Serie A with -9 points.

DaWacko said:
I won't even look at the Fifa rankings because there is no point and it sucks big monkey balls. :| IMO

No! I like it now! England's fifth on the table. :D ..Oh, where's Finland this time? :p

I like it too - looks better than before IMO :) England are now fifth, which is great, and Italy and France are up there where they should be.

Seems to make more sense than the other one did :p

Ok, the Italy fans are probably going to hate me for this, but I'll post it anyway.

On this show in Aus called "The Chaser's War on Everything" they made reference to the fact that some die-hard Socceroos fans are claiming the World Cup victory for ourselves because we were cheated out of that victory and Italy went on to win. In light of that, 2 of the guys from Chaser decided to go to the Italian Embassy to claim the win to them. When they went in they were trying to talk security into giving them the Cup because they said we deserved it. When they refused, one of the guys fell to the ground clutching his legs and the other guy was saying "come on, surely thats a penalty" and stuff, and then they both starting writhing around clutching their legs and faces and did this for a good few minutes before crawling out the door, still clutching their shins.

While I know I'm probably going to get yelled at by Italy fans (and I mean no offence), I have to say, it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen :lol:

That is quite amusing but if all countries did that for wrongs from previous world cups we would have chaos ;)

I can think of a few England ones I could come up with :p

I think those Italian clubs got off pretty lightly with there sentences, is it because they are big clubs :confused: I'm willing to bet had it been lesser known clubs they would have been relegated several divisions!

In England Swindon got relegated two divisions for finacial issues, but later same thing happened to Leeds (bigger club) and nothing was done except the relegation that they already had from playing poorly :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back