World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you heard that Nostradamus, the famous fortune teller who lived in the 16th century predicted Portugal will win the world cup??? :eek:

^^Nostradamus was supposed to have predicted Spanish victory... :lol: Read here.

Brazil-France ref:Medina Cantalejo,yep,the Spanish ref of the Australia-Italy match,the one who put Italy next round due to an unfair penalty.I begin to feel sorry for des Bleus... :devil:

I think Luis Aragonés,the Spanish manager,is gonna resign,what a relief!,I wish this time they choose a good and polite one,I like Vicente del Bosque,former Real Madrid's manager.

I'm not sure that a spanish ref be a good idea :mad: I'd said that's even stupid !
Allez les Bleus ;)

i'm not too worried about that ref..i mean after his HUGE mistake , the FIFA probably yelled at him, so this time he will be more careful...i'm still optimistic and well even if we loose we did a great job already

yeah exactly , now if we win against Brazil it will be a bonus ;) i'm proud of our team, whatever happen, i'll be happy for us

Well, luckily, new games start tomorrow! YAY!!! :D

BTW, I have a question for all Europeans.
Yellow and red cards from this WC will count in qualifications for the EC, 2008. Why? I heard that yesterday, so I was kind of wondering. I don't remember if yellow and red cards from the qualification (for WC) were also valid when WC started...

BTW, I have a question for all Europeans.
Yellow and red cards from this WC will count in qualifications for the EC, 2008. Why? I heard that yesterday, so I was kind of wondering. I don't remember if yellow and red cards from the qualification (for WC) were also valid when WC started...

Are you sure ??? That surprises me... :eek:

not sure about yellow cards, but yes Red Cards are International bans, no matter what. unless youve done something REALLLLLY bad like....kick an old lady at a selhurst park or push a ref or do drugs and get a ALL-competitions ban.

Yeah I'd say that too, if you have to serve a ban, you have to serve a ban in the next available competitive international match :)

Figo's yellow being recinded :confused: he heatbutted someone he got off lightly I think, it should have been red, and that's not just because we have to play them next :lol:

Footyliz said:
Figo's yellow being recinded :confused: he heatbutted someone he got off lightly I think, it should have been red, and that's not just because we have to play them next :lol:

Of course, you're not subjective, at all. :D :D :D

There was a question from one viewer to one of our experts on tv, and he wanted to know about that rule, if our players who got a red card (or managed to get 3 yellow cards) will be able to play in the first qualifying match for the EC, and the man said that the rule is that they are not allowed to play...kind of stupid, since this WC was full of stupid refs' decisions. And i think a lot of teams will be damaged in that first match.
Luckily, our first match isn't against England...however, Russia is also a hard opponent.

And now I'm drifting...WC is still on. :D

CrimeShark said:
And Cristiano has a crying problem... :lol:

Aw, I'm kidding. He just needs to grow up a little bit. But I wish Deco could play though, I like him, he's good. Plus, he reminds me of a cute panda :D

Cristiano is a kid, so I guess you can call him a crying baby :lol:
Deco as a panda? I give up, can't imagine that... :lol:

I think there was game... erm.. Turkey vs. SomeOtherCOuntry in WC qualification. It was last games and the other country won because of that rule away-team rule and there was this big fight. How many games they had to play without spectators? was it five? And the red cards... so those always go forward. I think it's cool. I mean, it makes you suffer that red card anyways even the tournament would be over.

^ I think you mean Switzerland. Turkey did get in trouble which of course they deserved. I remember Turkey getting into a fight with the English players in the tunnel quite a while ago. Anyway, you can read about it here. That should really benefit the Greeks when they play them for Euro '08 qualifying 'cause I believe we face them in our third qualifying match. That should reduce tension between the Greek & Turk fans too.

I was just reading something and it said that after the Australia-Italy match, the heading in the London Sun the next day was "Strewth. That's not fair dinkum!" :lol: I can just imagine the look on peoples faces as they read that :lol:

and my favourite comment in the WC so far would have to be when, in the Australia-Croatia match, they showed Guus standing on the sideline with his arms folded like he always does, and the commentator said "And there's Guus Hiddink, standing there as he does, as if he's waiting for a bus" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back