World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can I say?
Always the same story,we've got a great team,do it good and then we're sent home.
We've got one of the best leagues but then never succeed in a WC or EC.
I'm not going to complain about the ref 'cause the thing is that France won and we're home,that's what matters.
And I wanna say to the Frenchs that the only ones who said that their team was too old were the French press,here they were very respectful about France.I've read things in the French papers that I really dislike 'cause they weren't truth.
Anyway,it's your day,you've got your dreamed match with Zizou as a hero,so enjoy.

Thanks Dolphin and thanks to the ones who supported Spain.

RoosCSILover said:
SHIT! I HATE THESE DAMN PORTUGESE PEOPLE *sorry for the portugese people* it was a shitty match! And figo fell because of nothing!

I wanna apologize for this quote :rolleyes: I was very angry, and I changed opinion, they rock! :D

And I wanna say to the Frenchs that the only ones who said that their team was too old were the French press,here they were very respectful about France.I've read things in the French papers that I really dislike 'cause they weren't truth.

that's true :D but not only, ask Zidane :D he said on French TV that Spanish press were really sarcastic toward him and he showed them he isn't too old, and not ready to say goodbye to football :lol:
another thing i dislike and actually it's the first time ive seen that during the WC, while there was the French Hymn, Spanish supporters were really disrespectfull...and they should know that everytime French hymn wasn't respected, France kicked ass :D

Anyway i'm sorry for Spain, hope the next one will be yours :D

Hormiga said:
Anyway,it's your day,you've got your dreamed match with Zizou as a hero,so enjoy.

Thanks Dolphin and thanks to the ones who supported Spain.

well, I saw on spanish papers "vamos a jubilar zidane" that's not what i call respectfull :rolleyes:.
But that's ok, I mean he took his "revenge" !!!

But you know hormiga Spanish team is really one of the best. I'm kinda surprise we won.
I'm pretty sure you'll be adle to go further in the EC : more experienced... ;)

But you can't blame what the media has done onto the team, right? I mean, as far as I know, none of the players has said anything bad about the French, in fact they said they're not going underestimate them.

It's all been done though, so I'm hoping in the next Euro and WC the Spanish team can conquer! :)

sissi59100,I don't think Spanish were disrespectful with your anthem,it's just that in Spain we don't take anthems so seriously,even ours,anyway I didn't see that.

And frenchycharly,people here admire Zidane,he plays in Spain,of course we wanted him to retire 'cause that would mean that we have passed.But French press criticized fieresly your team and now is us,come on!!

Well,have fun,'cause Brazil is gonna defeat you anyway...

Ok,I'm not gonna talk about this anymore,I'm sad and angry,even knowing that this was gonna happen.

But you can't blame what the media has done onto the team, right? I mean, as far as I know, none of the players has said anything bad about the French, in fact they said they're not going underestimate them.

yes, yes I completely agree !

And frenchycharly,people here admire Zidane,he plays in Spain,of course we wanted him to retire 'cause that would mean that we have passed.But French press criticized fieresly your team and now is us,come on!!

Well,have fun,'cause Brazil is gonna defeat you anyway...

yes , I know, spanish people were more nice with us than our own media :rolleyes: but your team rocks and I'm pretty sure you'll be EC winner ;)
And you know , french people love spanish people I saw on tv the champs elysées where both were talking and even making party !! :p

and I know we're gonna lose but i still keep some hope!

Hormiga, don't be sad. I know how you feel and it sucks, but I guess that's the risk every fan of football takes in supporting their team.

It's weird that there's no football today... I think I'm having withdrawal effects...

nah, according to SBS there is only replays on tonight...

which team uses the tune from the french anthem? Because I only kinda know the Swannies one (so I know it's not that), and thats only because my brother never stops singing it after games :lol:

The thing with our national anthem, is that at WC matches and other international footy matches and stuff, Aussies will sing it with pride. But at my school assembly every week we have to sing it, and nobody does, because nobody really cares...though that might have something to do with the fact that it's on a Monday morning and everyone wants to go back to bed... :lol:

But seriously, I think we should change our anthem to Waltzing Matilda anyway, because more people know the words to that than the actual anthem :p

Exactly - time to regroup.

The players and refs ALL need to regroup. :D And the best part of the WC is yet to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back