World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blah, France won :( If some team has luck, it is France. Seriously. Besides that Zidane's goal was offside (even tho it didn't matter did he score or not, France would have won anyways)

I thought I never say this but I hope France kicks some Brazilian ass in next game. Tells how I feel about Brazil. :p

Misery said:
And the scene with Barthez and Zidane walking off the field together, smiling. :D They looked like twins. :D

yeah like little boys!!!! i'm so happy for my country :D while everybody was bitching us, we showed that we can give a great game and win it !!!! can't believe!!! sorry for Spain but he you said it was the end of Zizou.... :rolleyes:

HOPE FRANCE WILL BEAT BRAZIL!! :p

I also wanted that Spain win. :(
I'm happy for Zidane because he's great and I adore him but I like Spanish team more.
You know what? I'm not cheering for any team anymore because they always loose (Holland, Australia, Spain..). :(
England is an exception...
positive things:
the ref was good
the game was interesting.
Zidane and Henry hug each other. I read in the newspaper that they're fighting and maybe they're are a team now.

I was hoping that Spain would win because obviously, I don't like France. But I so don't think that France would've won if it wasnt for that SOOOOOOOOOOOO offside goal. :rolleyes:

I only saw the first half of this match, and I was cheering Spain, because I wanted them to have a chance as France already won it in '98.

Anyways, I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I thought the French players played pretty rough at times. I swear one or two yellow cards should've been given, and there were also several replays in slow motion shown on the TV where to me, a French player blatantly fouled a Spanish player, yet the Ref didn't seem to pick up on it or do anything about it :confused:

Oh well, I'm not a big football fan so my opinions are far from expert :p

Though well done to France :) their game against Brazil should be interesting ;)

kazzy said:
I was hoping that Spain would win because obviously, I don't like France. But I so don't think that France would've won if it wasnt for that SOOOOOOOOOOOO offside goal. :rolleyes:
You mean the goal for 1:1?
Henry (I think it was him on the left side) was in an offside position, but he wasn't involved in that play.

^Yeah, it's that freaky rule that if you are not involved, it's not offside. Van Nistelrooij uses that rule quite well.

Ref was good indeed. I think sometimes the problem with to give card/not give card is just the fact that situations can be fast and ref just doesn't see the situation (like from wrong angle and it won't be seen). I think one card could have been given to French player when he kicked Spanish dude to waist.

Yeah, the ref on the side made a great decision there. And Henry started to wave his arms also: "I'm not going anywhere!" :D It was also a smart decision that he didn't go back in the play.

two sides of the fence there eh Dolphin?

Ghana put up a good fight. I wanted them to win....I think Brazil is gonna win the whole thing.

awwww bugger i wanted spain to win lol, but congrats to france, didnt really matter who won though they will most likely loose to brazil lol.

YES ! YES ! YES ! we won . Bravo Zidane ! Spain wanted him to go home , sorry, he's still the best :eek: it was a great match . Now, we can win agaisnt Brazil ... GO FRANCE !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back