World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spain/France this evening, gonna be a stressful day :mad:.I'm really scared of the spanish team, so young, so explosive... France is more experienced.
May the Force be with you guys :lol: allez Zizou, Titi & Co

Well fact is: France already won the WC in 1998, Spain only got 4th place in 1950.. and I like to support the underdog.. let someone else win for a change

:lol: Yes,ok ! but you know the 2002 World cup has been so bad for us that we had to take a revenge. Our team has been so hated by the journalist last weeks in France and other countries... And Zinedine Zidane (our national Zizou) deserves to leave the football on a good end...
But even if I love my team, if they could beat spain I doubt they're gonna pass the Brasil...so... Wait and see !

Spain/France this evening, gonna be a stressful day .I'm really scared of the spanish team, so young, so explosive... France is more experienced
May the Force be with you guys allez Zizou, Titi & Co
Yeeees ! allez les bleus ! I believe in our team : zizou, Henry thuram, Sagnol, Vieira and even Barthez (i'd prefer coupet but the choice has been made... :p)

i'm kina afraid that ukraine gonna lose against Italy in 1/4
Italy, well last game they were weak, guess they'ree too strog for ukraine
hope ukraine gonna win :) my homeland :D

Don't forget the little new Riberi,Charly ! we have a great team ! I hope the experience will serve it ... and a little touch of chance, too ;)
I'm more scared by Spain than Brazil (their team isn't the same anymore) and I can't help to think about 1998 final :D
et 1, et 2, et 3 ... you see what I mean, I suppose ?

GO FRANCE GO FRANCE

With that said, Totti was exactly the person they needed to take the penalty. Nerves of steel and a wealth of experience to call upon, that one.
Wow, yes indeed! Did you see the close up of his eyes just before he took the penalty? The look of intense concentration was really something to behold.

Materazzi's sending off was definitely harsh, so you are quite possibly right carlz when you say the ref was making up for that bad decision with awarding Italy the penalty. We've seen it happen many times before, and it will continue to happen. That's of little consolation to the losing team however. :(

bobo said:
I can't help to think about 1998 final :D

Oh yeah it reminds me of such great memories, something unforgettable (and "Zizou président" OMG)

Now the first round is over, it's a new competition, kinda different. Knockout matches are much more interesting and thrilling. Our team hasn't been annouced yet, please Domenech no last-minute surprise :rolleyes:

kimi said:
bobo said:
I can't help to think about 1998 final :D

Oh yeah it reminds me of such great memories, something unforgettable (and "Zizou président" OMG)

Now the first round is over, it's a new competition, kinda different. Knockout matches are much more interesting and thrilling. Our team hasn't been annouced yet, please Domenech no last-minute surprise :rolleyes:

oh yes bobo and Kimi!! what a wonderfull time we had ! don't forget the "on peut mourrir tranquille" de thierry rolland :lol: and this crazy party all around france ! it was so unbelievable... I'd like to live the same thing this year!

Frenchycharly said:
oh yes bobo and Kimi!! what a wonderfull time we had ! don't forget the "on peut mourrir tranquille" de thierry rolland :lol: and this crazy party all around france ! it was so unbelievable... I'd like to live the same thing this year!

Oh yeah it was the "real mess" in France :lol:, it's something you can just live once in your life, I mean winning the WC in your county. After the final, I've been blocked in my car cos people stopped the traffic, climbed on the roof and started to shake the car :eek:. I've never seen thet in my life...a bit scary but nonetheless a good memeory ;).
I remember this sentence of T.Rolland and he added "le plus tard possible quand même" :lol: I was killing myself laughing.

Brazil/Ghana: I see definitely Brazil, I love Junhinho by the way (I'm a OL fan)

bobo said:
I'm more scared by Spain than Brazil.
Really? :eek:
We're scared of France,please not a 0-0 match,but I think both teams got their chances,but against Brazil I think neither France not Spain got any chances.Brazil got so much quality than even doing an awful match,they win. :rolleyes:

yay
absolutely fabregas is starting today!!!!!!!
france are gonna looooooooooooooooooooooose
reyes too hopefully!! titi...sorry mate, france are not good for ya :D

Yes,really,Hormiga! Brazil don't impress me in this WC ! and for tonight, I don't want the penalties stuff either ! my heart will not tolerate that :D I agree, both teams got their chances ! woow, still 5 hours to wait :eek:
Anyway, good luck Spain and France ;)

He,he defiant ! scared to play against France ?

Lucy said:

Wow, yes indeed! Did you see the close up of his eyes just before he took the penalty? The look of intense concentration was really something to behold.

Indeed. Absolute total focus and control. There was no way that ball WASN'T going exactly where he wanted to bury it. If you have a chance to re-watch the penalty, watch how deliberate his actions were as if he was mustering and redirecting all his energy into getting the perfect result for the team. Beautiful. It's been a heck of a year for him in Seria A. There was serious doubt that he would be able to play in these Finals because of the injury to his leg. So, it's a wonderful personal moment of triumph for him as well. Bravo, Totti!

One of our refs on TV said that it was proven on this WC if a player looks at the ref before me makes the shot, he will miss. Apparently, that shows that he's nervous and that he's looking for something to watch.

Now, Totti's look...man, just imagine being the goalkeeper stading across from his determined look. :D

don't be so sure either French and Spanish, I don't like to say France is gonna win or spain is gonna win. I just want to see a great game.
France is scared but as Hormiga said Spain is wary of France.
I think on either side we shouldn't be so defiant.

its football.
right england you have played totally crappy so far now we play portugal on saturday so isnt it about time you showed your true colours.
if they play totally rubbish and win then what are they going to be like if they are on top form????
cmon england.
darn shame about the aussies, wanted them to win, they played a great game pity they were up against a load of cheaters.
and a ref that forgot to go to specsavers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back