World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by wibble, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. defiantDittohead

defiantDittohead Rookie

might put some money on ghana... suprising litle package.

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I was heading to sleep last night when Swizerland - Ukraine went to extra time. Then I logged in here, checked few posts and headed to bed and since my tv was open, I noticed 25mins played ET and I thought "oh well, doens't matter even I watch it"
    and YAY that Ukraine won!

The game itself was boring, referee was quite good (as much as I watched, I went low and watched Police Academy 5 now and then since game was boring :lol: )I was amazed that they took Voronin out, but I guess he was tired.

But I was surprised that Swizerland didn't score. Not even in the end. I guess players were tired but all went straight towards goalkeeper. Horrible shots and of course one crossbar. Hee, Schevshenko (or however it's spelled) didn't score in the end :D He was biiiiiit tired too and it was nice save from Zuberbühler.

Did you guys see in the end when they gave nitro to the coach of Ukraine? And did you know that he does that coaching for free?

3. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

awww, i`m so sorry for Australia :( this wasn`t fair in the end :mad: again this referees in WC 06 make one big f..ck with all teams and fans agrrr...i was for Australia not for Italy, but again Italy go forward undeservedly.

and for the other match SUI - UKR i was watch only the 1-st half, but nothing interesting, as like the previous match. but i`m glad that Ukraine go to 1/4 finals.

4. bobo

bobo Lab Technician

Me too! for their first time in a WC , it's a great result :)

I'm already crossing my fingers for France-Spain tonight !
    France isn't the favorite but I hope we'll win :)

5. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Didn't see that. I saw that he was during the penalty shootout in the cabine and he lookes like ' i couldn't believe it, we won' after the victory.
    Is he crazy? No money? Maybe he loves the sport so much and the challenge. :D

6. Guest

Guest Guest

hey ! Yes I really hope we're gonna win ... Moreover,Do you know that, some months ago Arragones said something like "Henry is just a negga" :eek: :mad:... And I heard Domenech doesn't like him... I don't want france to lose tonight !

7. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I can't believe Ukraine passed to the next round,we scored them 4 goals and maybe tonight we go home,that's not fair.

If we had been 2º of group instead of 1º we would have got it easier:Switzerland and then Italy and now we've France (I'm really scared) and the winner will have the honour to be defeated by Brazil next round.

The ref is Italian so he could be a good guy and having account that Italy is next round thanks to a Spanish ref,he could give us a penalty or a red card to Thierry Henry....just suggesting... :lol:

And Frenchycharly,about Aragonés incident about Henry,just say that I'm ashame of that but I don't think he was being racist 'cause that's the way he always talk,he didn't say two words if one isn't an insult,he does that with everyone,I wish he doesn't open his mouth so he can't embarrasse us anymore... :rolleyes:

8. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

It sucked the way Australia lost, but I guess Italy got lucky this time after they way they went out in WC 2002.

And I was hoping the Swiss would win! I couldn't believe they missed all the penalties, maybe they were nervous or something. But I had to laugh when Shevchenko missed, he does seem to miss penalties at the most crucial moments e.g. in Champions League. I used to like him, before he decided to move to Chelsea. :rolleyes:

Come on Spain! Actually, I never liked Aragones, but what to do? It's the team that I support, don't have a choice about the coach. Hope we can see some Cesc magic tonight! :D

9. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

most aussies arent that pissed that we lost, we were expecting it, it was more the manner in which we did.

and guus should have brought kennedy on, i mean there were so many crossed balls that just went over cahill's head, im like... kennedy is huge, put him there dammit lol

10. Guest

Guest Guest

yes, I guess it wasn't racist but when someone speaks in front of journalist he should be careful :confused:... but i'm really happy that france is gonna play against spain, it's gonna be really tough for us, spain is young... but I hope they're gonna show a great moment of football, whatever the result. ;)
    No need to say that french people are very scared today : young and great spain team and old experienced France... let's see ! :p

11. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

Don't blame my Guus :lol: I hated seeing Australia leave the WC :(

Now, all I have left are Ghana and Spain.. *sigh*

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, I see everyone is against France... :(
    :lol:

13. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

:lol: Well fact is: France already won the WC in 1998, Spain only got 4th place in 1950.. and I like to support the underdog.. let someone else win for a change :p

14. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Yeah, this only proves that 1st place in the group doesn't mean anything - you can still play with the runner-up who is a great team.

Another thing, it is sad how pleasently surprised we all are because the ref, ARCHUNDIA Benito. :D The guy hasn't made one mistake, as it should be, since it's the World cup, and we're building him a statue. :D You should've seen the guy who is commenting on mistakes on our television...he was so thrilled! :D

Let's hope that the rest of the competition will pass without talking about ref's mistakes. I mean, those guys should be invisible on the field, and so far, they are the main topic of every conversation ivolving WC.

15. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

heartagram is right, it really was the manner in which we lost...at school today, everyone was talking about how that penalty was stupid, and how dumb the ref was...
    actually one of my teachers was saying that when refs make a major mistake, they try to rectify it by making another major call...now the refs big mistake was sending the Italian player off in the 50th minute, even I can admit that was a mistake, but if he only gave that penalty in the end because of that, then he basically handed Italy the game to correct his mistake....

wow, 4 bad refs in 4 matches...we certainly do have some bad luck ;)

okay, that is the last that I will say about the refs, I just really needed to vent my frustration

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.