World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
inge said:

best scene: Van Bronckhorst and Deko watching the game together. :)

I loved that! And Boulahrouz who joined them - Bad Boys' Corner :lol:

It was a very hot-tempered match. Entertaining, but also very frustrating. I am still confused on why Van Basten didn't bring in Van Nistelrooy, that guy Kuyt had tons of chances and couldn't even convert any of them.

I bet England's happy that Deco and probably Ronaldo won't be playing against them.

Italy-Australia tonight! I can't wait...

definately!
cos the right side of englands formation isnt the strongest. beckham and hargreaves or carragher, soo ronaldo "out" is a big plus. :D
figo..still good but a bit old :p, as in beckham

but they still got pauletta, one of the highest scores in UEFAs golden shoe, i think,.

but then again, portugal might wanna "rest" a few or not risk, like if their GK is booked again, he misses the Semis if they make it

as does 7 other players:p

england have robinson, terry and carragher carded

Just to confirm, England and Germany can meet in the Final. Probably won't happen, but they are in different sides of the draw, so it is possible. ;)
I will do! England is my 2nd favorite team after Holland! ;)
Yay! Great to have your support inge! :D

They said yesterday that Pauleta has never really succeed against "the big countries"

carlz31 said:
haha, me too!!! only 12 more hours until the game, give or take, because this one is on at 2am aswell, but I have a feeling that 90% of the country are going to wake up for it ;)
Hopefully for this game we'll get a decent ref, because we can't possibly have that bad luck to get 4 bad refs in 4 matches...but we'll just have to see

My prediction is:
Australia/Italy - 2:1 (call it wishful thinking)

I'm so excited!! :D
I really don't know what to say about this match.
Italy's the clear favourite, but still...
Australia may surprise.

I was reading a schedule of the WC, I think the final's going to be Brazil/Argentina.

I see there are many Cesc's fans here,so good news,he's gonna play from the beginning tomorrow. :)

*J'ai peur des Bleus mais j'espére que demain il soit le dernier match de Zidane.*

Holland-Portugal was in one word: shit. It wasn't football anymore, it was more like...kick boxing. (like someone already posted) Now I'm for australia! Go Australia, GO! :D

I really want Australia to win today but it's gonna be hard ... Italy's a great team and is collectively and individually better .
But we never know !!!

Hormiga said:

*J'ai peur des Bleus mais j'espére que demain il soit le dernier match de Zidane.*

Hormiga how can you say that ? :lol:. I hope it won't be his last match. Allez Zizou ! Spain/France's gonna be an intersting match and I hope it'll be played in a good atmosphere. Please no more red cards like yesterday, I've never seen that :mad:. What a shame !

I hope Italy will beat Australia for some reason. Dont like Australia as a team, not sure why. :p
It is just before the England v Brazil match. Ronaldinho goes into the Brazilian changing room to find all his teammates looking a bit glum.
"What's up?" he asks.
"Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it's important but it's only England. They're sh*te and we can't be bothered." Ronaldinho looks at them and says, "Well, I reckon I can beat them by myself-you lads go down the pub." So Ronaldinho goes out to play England by himself and the rest of the Brazilian team go off for a few jars. after a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the teletext on. A big cheer goes up as the screen reads "Brazil 1 - England 0 (Ronaldinho 10 minutes)". He is beating England all by himself! A few pints later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers, "It must be full time now, let's see how he got on." They put the teletext on. "Result from the Stadium 'Brazil 1 (Ronaldinho 10 minutes) - England 1
(Lampard 89 minutes)." They can't believe it; he has single-handedly got a draw against England!!
They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate Ronaldinho. They find him in the dressing room, still in his gear, sitting with his head in his hands.He refuses to look at them. "I've let you down, I've let you down."
"Don't be daft, you got a draw against England, all by yourself. And they only scored at the very, very end!"
"No, no, I have, I've let you down...I got sent off after 12 minutes."

Ah..I thought that was hilarious. :lol: :lol:

Well, I'm for Italy on this one...probably my pride talking here. :D

But, seriously, I think that Italy has another pressure. The situation in their league is very tense, it's pure hell. The trial should start, and it's a good possibility that Juventus, Fiorentina and Lazio will be sent to Serie B, or even Serie C. Milan will get away with losing their points. And if you look at the italian team, you'll see that most of their players are plkaying for Juventus and Fiorentina.

But, besides that, both teams have lost one of their crutial players, Italia lost Nesta, and Australia lost Kewell.

haha, yeah, Australia has Guus! :D
Well, 0-0 at half time, it's been an interesting match so far...Schwarzer has been key so far, it's a good thing he was brought back
Hmmm, looks like we're in for an interesting 2nd half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back