World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think England have been really lucky in who they've had to play in this World Cup so far and luck has had a bigger hand in their success than skill so far (except for maybe Beckham's superb free kick today). And now Portugal has two of their players out once again England seem to have luck on their side.

Dolphin said:
Just want to remember both teams that is a football (soccer, if you prefer ;)) game not kick-boxing!!!

Oh, and (please don't beat me up :rolleyes:) go Portugal!!!
of course not ;)
congrats :)
see you (england-er) in the next round...without Deco or the other guy :p

GRRR just read that John Terry got MOTM for England earlier today. no f-ing way was he the best player. Ashley cole or Joe cole were by far better. once Joe Cole was sub-ed, the left was EMPTY.

i just hope the dutch can come back in austria/switzerland Euro 2008 and win SOMETHING!!!!!!!!! :(
but ill still support them, cos of arsenal and bergkamps legacy! :) ..oh and van Persie, snejder and van der vaart are exciting!

Portugese Bookings:
N Maniche
A Petit
L Figo
A Ricardo
J Nuno Valente

Sent off:
F Costinha OFF
A Deco OFF

Nederlands Bookings:
M Van Bommel
W Sneijder
R Van der Vaart

Sent off:
K Boulahrouz
G Van Bronckhorst

debje said:
18 yellow and 4 red cards
:lol:
The match was interesting.
I'm not really happy with the result.
I can't wait for Italy/Australia tommorow. I really want Australia to win.

defiantDittohead said:

GRRR just read that John Terry got MOTM for England earlier today. no f-ing way was he the best player. Ashley cole or Joe cole were by far better. once Joe Cole was sub-ed, the left was EMPTY.

i just hope the dutch can come back in austria/switzerland Euro 2008 and win SOMETHING!!!!!!!!! :(

I agree with the first part. Terry made horrible mistakes!
The game was boring but I'm happy that England won.

I agree also with the second part. I hope that they will play in Austria (hopefully Vienna, the final) and then I could watch Holland live!!!! :D

and now I'm going to watch the Bergkamp Video again! (Thanks for the links again) ;)
cool avatar! :)

Muzzy_Olorea said:
I think England have been really lucky in who they've had to play in this World Cup so far and luck has had a bigger hand in their success than skill so far (except for maybe Beckham's superb free kick today). And now Portugal has two of their players out once again England seem to have luck on their side.
agreed!! :)
but i think the right side will be vulnerable. if england can over come portugal. its brazil/ghana vs france/spain...so :p

Dolphin said:
inge said:
best scene: Van Bronckhorst and Deko watching the game together. :)

My favorite scene from all the game!

I thought that was a great scene too actually! They didnt even seem to show the anger that was displayed on the pitch. Great scene....

inge said:
defiantDittohead said:

I agree with the first part. Terry made horrible mistakes!
The game was boring but I'm happy that England won.

I agree also with the second part. I hope that they will play in Austria (hopefully Vienna, the final) and then I could watch Holland live!!!! :D

and now I'm going to watch the Bergkamp Video again! (Thanks for the links again) ;)
heyyy no problem :) you should check out myspace area, check my profile :)
also on pg5, i think, theres a very good van persie/van der vaart video ;)

England have had some luck, I agree. You will find though, that most teams who progress through the big tournaments have their fair share of luck along the way. Luck can play a huge part.

I'm sorry about Holland tonight, and it was such a messy game. Great goal by Maniche. I actually felt sorry for Christiano Ronaldo when he had to go off injured. I don't usually give him much sympathy, but I felt for him tonight.

So, now Holland are out, who will the Dutch fans support? How about England? :D

Shine said:I can't wait for Italy/Australia tommorow. I really want Australia to win.
haha, me too!!! only 12 more hours until the game, give or take, because this one is on at 2am aswell, but I have a feeling that 90% of the country are going to wake up for it ;)
Hopefully for this game we'll get a decent ref, because we can't possibly have that bad luck to get 4 bad refs in 4 matches...but we'll just have to see

My prediction is:
Australia/Italy - 2:1 (call it wishful thinking)

I'm so excited!! :D

Whoa, that Figo is really something else. That headbutt *shakes head*. I'm still in shock that Holland is out. All these good teams are being eliminated. I can't believe I'm saying this but....GOOOO ENGLAND! I hope they beat Portugal!

Lucy said:
So, now Holland are out, who will the Dutch fans support? How about England? :D

Erm.... not until Germany is out :p But I can keep it as my "2nd team" :p

Van Bronckhorst and Deko watching the game together. It was great. Kind of shows how high your emotions are on the field, but when you go out and cool down few mins, it's ok. And I'm sure they both were tired and bit sad. VB for losing and Deco for missing the next important match.

I start to think Holland didn't win because they could play in their orange clothes. :p

As for luck, like Luce said. Every successing team needs it a bit. Was in '98 WC where France made TWO goals on additional time? I swear that's not skill... that's luck (even France had awesome team then)

I started to have horrible thoughts that Argentina will drop Germany. It cannot be that way.

Today's games I hope winners are.... Ukraine and Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back