William/Grissom: The Hottness Of - Page 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, egg, isn't he adorable there? i gotta admit i was staring at it for quite a while too. he was just terribly sweet in that scene
It's that little chuckle isn't it? When he hits the wall and such. *sigh*
Oh, and The Scene means The TLADILA Scene, as in nakedness, as in I'll love you forever if you do. :rolleyes:

sorry, editing this cos the spoiler tag won't work
It's probably because you put paragraphs in it, it likes blocks of writing if you get me? ;) I've personified a spoiler box...oh dear...

Oh, and The Scene means The TLADILA Scene, as in nakedness, as in I'll love you forever if you do.
oooooh THAT one, lol. you know, this is an amazing idea for an animated icon, seriously.

i'm sooo gonna make it. tommorow though, cuz i'm going to sleep now ;)

Well I can see that I'm going to have a great time catching up to all of you here as far as Billy movies go. ;)

I'm a recent Billy devotee. I've watched CSI since it began, and I always thought Grissom was sexy, but it wasn't until 6 months ago that I realized I had developed a slight *cough* obssession with Billy.
I have now started to collect all his early movies. So far I have Hard Promises, Fear, Manhunter, Kiss The Sky (holy hotness Batman!!! :devil:) and Long Gone. I also have Seasons 1-6 of CSI of course.
But obviously I need to find TL&DILA and watch it.

I can't believe that a woman whose been happily married for 22 years and has three sons, can be this smitten with an actor. I must be hormonal or at 43 I'm going through a midlife crisis... or it's both. LOL!!!

Adzix: I just wanted to say that I LOVE your icon. God he's so adorable there. *sigh*

^ naaah, you know it's people all the ages. i'm 20, egg is, what are you, 16? we have a couple of 13 and 14 year olds here too. and there are some 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's here. so basically ... everybody, lol.

hey gilsgal, Billy just gets to us all :D

I'm in my mid 30's, been a huge fan of him and CSI since the beginning. I'd seen him in Manhunter before, but it was CSI that really got me hooked!

All I can say is - make sure your hubby is out when you watch To Live and Die in LA :devil:

egg is, what are you, 16?
*pouts* Nope, 18. :rolleyes: What are you, drunk? :lol: :p

Man I'd forgotten about this. :lol: Man 4 thumbs downs! :eek: Who could be so mean. :(
Wow it's from october, but it seems just a couple of months ago! I'm gonna find MissDee's symtom list thingy, god it's gonna take ages...
I certainly would die if I saw WP on CSI shirtless :lol:, but what with the Friedkin directing an episode thing it's a remote possibility that there could be one. *prays*

ETA: I found the b***er! :lol: I hope MissDee won't mind :rolleyes:...I'll ask her later. :lol:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

If you are a regular watcher of CSI, chances are extremely high that you will come in contact with WPHS, a dangerous and contagious brain virus that has so far infected most CBS watchers with its dreaded symptoms. T.R. Knight (Dr. George O'Malley of Grey's Anatomy) is a known carrier, as is Tom Welling (Clark Kent of Smallville). Others are too, although you may not realize it. Only by being aware of the nature of the disease and its carriers can one hope to escape from its insidious clutches.

WPHS (full name: William Petersen Hottness Syndrome, after its original carrier) causes a 180-degree turnaround in the mind's perception of a particular individual; it starts with abject rejection, gradually progresses through stages of likeability and then sexual attraction, and finally culminates in utter abandonment of reason and shameless adoration of the carrier. It spreads slowly at first, but rapidly increases in both severity and frequency until the victim is terminal.

There are 8 recognizable stages, outlined as below:

1.) Victim is not aware of virus as of yet, although it is entering the body and affecting the brain, specifically the areas containing perception and sexual attraction. Example of symptoms: "I haven't been watching long, but I really don't get the Grissom love."

2.) Victim officially maintains distaste of carrier, but to the trained observer, the onset of Mentionitis belies this position and shows subtle and insidious invasion caused by WPHS. Example of symptoms: "I can't believe all the attention that Grissom gets here! What the hell do you all see in him? He's a complete weirdo! And he looks like a freak with(without) that beard!"

3.) Rabid dislike of carrier becomes tempered with an grudging acknowledgment that an alternate point of view is in existence. Example of symptoms: "Grissom is still kinda strange, but I guess he's not so bad."

4.) Slow but persistent, WPHS's invasion of the brain ensures that recent likeability of TV character carries over to mild defense of that character when disparaged; in addition, victim is less reluctant to admit some hottness in carrier's real-life personality. Example of symptoms: "Okay, Grissom might be a little strange, but I'll admit that he has some good points. I still don't think William Petersen is all that hot, but I can see where others do."

5.) Accidental contact with the carrier outside his/her normal environment provides permanent pathway for hottness to impose itself upon the brain. Victim's perceptions and other brain functions become severly compromised at this point; defense of carrier to detractors becomes more serious and intense in scope. Example of symptoms: "Look, I know that some people don't really like Gil Grissom, but IMHO he's the one carrying the show. And you know, looks-wise, he's not so bad. I was surfing IMDB looking for pictures, and I found one of William Petersen with(without) a beard, and wow, he looks so much better-looking than he does without(with) it! I wonder why they don't make him grow it out(shave it off) on the show?"

6.) Its increasingly rapid onslaught finally alerts the victim that WPHS is insidiously spreading throughout the entire neural system. The effects of this are regularly and frequently showcased through normal conversation, often to the consternation of family and friends. As well, victim often feels an now-raging desire to defend carrier from all naysayers. Example of symptoms: "What do you mean, he's a weirdo? Don't you even watch the show?! Gil Grissom is one of the most interesting men on television! I don't care if he wears the damn beard or not; Billy Petersen is really growing on me!"

7.) Victim surrenders completely to the onset of the disease. Example of symptom: "Ok, it's official: I've bought my ticket and am riding the Billy P lluuuuuuvv train!!"

NOTE: Disease is terminal at this point. Family and friends must endure the constant mentioning of carrier's name, the sudden influx of any and all paraphenalia connected to carrier in even the tiniest of ways (movies, TV, magazines, eerily shaped potato chips, underwear off e-Bay, illegal downloads of naked penis pictures), and the inevitable picking up of papers doodled with inane expressions like "Billy P and Miss Dee 4EVA!" all over one's living space. No cure is currently in existence, although people intimately associated with the victim have been known to overthrow all pretenses of pursuing economic wealth and/or fulfulling personal relationships to pursue a fruitless career in WPHS research in a desperate attempt to save their loved ones.

8.) Victim is tragically lost due to the onset of severe spasms of lust. Typical demise occurs along the lines of running wildly throughout one's home/school/workplace screaming "OOOOOMIGOD!! BILLY IS TEH HOTTNESS!!! AAIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!" All mental reasoning is now severly incapacitated, and sensible conversation with the victim is impossible from this point on.

This announcement is meant to enlighten you regarding WPHS's insidious nature and intent. If you or anyone you know are infected with William Petersen Hottness Syndrome, please inform others as to the cause and progression of your infection. If we are aware of all the carriers in our society, we may be able to prevent the further spreading of this insidious disease.

No, seriously - it's insidious.

Voila. :D Isn't she a genius? *sends love to MissDee* :D

This is so much fun going through the old posts. Where the heck did all the people go? They just evaporated. :(

:lol: I've done that massive post thing again. :rolleyes:

ETA2: I took out the quote box, I don't know about you guys, but it gave me a headache. :rolleyes:

Adzix said:
^ naaah, you know it's people all the ages. i'm 20, egg is, what are you, 16? we have a couple of 13 and 14 year olds here too. and there are some 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's here. so basically ... everybody, lol.

An dont forget my neighbor lady, she's 72 and quite lively, swims, rides her bike, and is smitten with Billy/Grissom too, she's fun to talk to about CSI, she goes, "lordy he's sexy" and the old saying "he can put his shoes under my bed anytime" well, I think not, but that's cool and cute ;)

Let's not forget "Young Guns 2" where Billy puts the Brat Pack to bed with their baby bottles and bunny blankets when he shows the world what a beautiful, grown man looks like next to a bunch of kids. Loved the long, dark curly hair and he rides like a god in it. He's just hot overall. I liked the movie too.

I am definitely a victim of WPHS, however, I started at stage 6 and stayed that way for 6 and a half years and then BLAM!!! stages 7 and 8 hit. Now I'm a blithering idiot..lol. At least my eldest boys, ages 18 and 13, think CSI and Grissom are cool. ;)

I've managed to convince a few of my friends that Csi is cool, and Grissom is pure awesomness. :D I feel i've succeeded, mwahaha. :devil: Spread the Grissom love.

Dammit i really need to save up my money to buy some films, i'm starting to feel ashamed I haven't seen any
As well you should, it's just rude! Lol, get um when you can, worth it, trrrust me :D

Adz loving the avi, how'd you make animated ones? I need to know, I wanna have a go...ooh, that rhymes.

The alternative ending of TL&DILA just sounds...wiiierd. I acutally liked the original ending, it was suited for Chance, he lived fast, died faster.

On the age thing, i'm 20 in September which is scary as feck.

Har har, amz is oooolllddd :p that's for calling me a poophead earlier. :eek: I shalt be getting the dvds, my older brother said he might give me the money to get them. I do wanna see Billy boy in them, mwahaha :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back