Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When AB is out acted by an eight year old who had to convey most of her character non-verbally it's time to say, "See ya! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."

I wonder if Bailee Madison's (the actress who played Rose) teacher ever told her she was an actress? ;)

ETA: I stand corrected. According to IMDb, Miss Madison just turned eight on 10/15, so Anna was out acted by a seven year old.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I suspect Anna is out-acted by doorstops on a regular basis. :lol: But, I will say this--she sucked less tonight than usual. As I said in the grading thread, she was merely wooden and inexpressive as opposed to soul suckingly bad. Thank goodness they cut the scenes requiring her to emote.

And as if we needed another reason to hate her...

Danny apparently is upset over Ruben or something else in this ep. At the end of the ep Lindsay goes to "comfort" him, but really she's just saying that she covered for him and trying to get an explanation from him going MIA. She's all dismissive of him being upset for Ruben and starts to tell him she needs him to...and then he cuts her off. Is there a more heinous character on television? I hope he dumps her on her insensitive, selfish ass.

I utterly believe TPTB would have paired Danny up with Aiden if Vanessa Ferlito hadn't left; all the signs were there in season one.
Or maybe not at all. Aiden and Danny are like sister-brother. Add Flack into the mix and you'd have a play date. :lol:

And if they still insisted to bring Lindsey in to the show, all the more she'd stand out like a very very sore thumb.

Yeah, she could've come back -- prolly helping/hinting the team about Pratt's whereabouts. Or maybe just a night-out and maybe she could've met Lindsey. Idk. Possibilities lost....

I guess most of the fault lies with TPTB, for not coming up with a proper backstory for her.
I still don't believe TPTB had something solid for her when she came aboard. If they did then they just killed it when they cooked up D/L. Was there any original plans to have her a love interest to Danny from the get-go? Well, if there is... that one simple reason/job description -- then she doesn't deserve a spot on the opening credits.

Notice that Lindsey does not have a SOLO case. Sheldon had one. Danny had one. Aiden had one. And what about her?

And, much as Danny was marginalized in terms of character development in season three, his screentime was never cut in the way Lindsay's has been this season.

Yeah. Because the moment they decided to cut down on Danny-time, it was felt almost immediately.

Bravo, Danny for cutting her off! ;) I'll be looking forward to watching this scene play out on screen, woot!

Lindsay, dear, didn't Danny cover for you in Snow Day? Or have you forgotten about that already?

*psst* Lessien, use a spoiler box, Love. :p

Was there any original plans to have her a love interest to Danny from the get-go? Well, if there is... that one simple reason/job description -- then she doesn't deserve a spot on the opening credits.
Well, Jorja Fox said before that the description for Sara included 'love interest for Grissom' from the get-go, and yet they developed her as so much more than that--so I don't think that's automatically bad, just if that's all there is.

Notice that Lindsey does not have a SOLO case. Sheldon had one. Danny had one. Aiden had one. And what about her?
Off the top of my head, I can think of the tram driver case from "Dancing with the Fishes"--which ended up being connected to the other case as well, so it wasn't totally solo...

Off the top of my head, I can think of the tram driver case from "Dancing with the Fishes"--which ended up being connected to the other case as well, so it wasn't totally solo...
This the one where she told off the officer that she's from Montana and not from Kansas? LOL. And then she goes into this trivia about the tram and the officer just brushes her off with, "Frankly, it don't mean much to me," or something to that effect. Haha. What a way to overshadow a series regular.

I suspect Anna is out-acted by doorstops on a regular basis.
I hate to say this, but I agree. The little girl really out-acted her, and she only said about 2 words in her scene at the hospital. :p

I actually thought that Lindsay was fairly okay in this episode. But did anyone realize that much of the lighting at the house was really dark? Especially when she was inside the walls, looking for the old woman. It was too dark to even see her face, let alone her expressions. :lol:

Out acted by an eight year old who only spoke two words!I can't wait to see this episode :).
I watched a clip of boo on Youtube and it seemed ok but it less than two minutes long and kinda dark.

I tried but after her interrogation of the mother in last night’s episode, I can no longer bite my tongue. I able to overlook the opening scene where she was ‘running the scene’ with the camera, with her "Roboto" voice. I was able to overlook her inability to be afraid when the picture fell off the wall and knocked over the camera. I didn’t mind the fact that she wasn’t freaked out or even defensive with the woman when she grabbed her arms. Didn’t care that she was rude to Hawkes and hung up on him when he was talking about the pine tree…

The buck stopped at her mock toughness with the mother during the interrogation. She cannot convey intimidation, so why was she trying to? I was at a crossroad because at the same time, Danny was doing his interrogation. It was perfectly acted. Maybe Carmine tapped into his relationship with his sister to parallel Danny’s behavior during that scene? I just didn’t feel Lindsay’s scene. You’d think that as a mother, Anna Belknap would be able to draw on some transference and give us something!! :confused:

She’s just so bad and so overmatched that it’s become laughable. :lol: You just count on her sucking so badly that you have to laugh. I can no longer comprehend how she still works for a major network, so I just find comedy in her. It’s just sad that I’m a little embarrassed when she’s acting and someone comes into the room. D/L has actually made my Mom start watching the 10 o’clock news in favor of CSI: NY because Anna Belknap is so bad. That says a lot because she loves Gary Sinise. ;)

Ticamo77 said:
I tried but after her interrogation of the mother in last night’s episode, I can no longer bite my tongue. I able to overlook the opening scene where she was ‘running the scene’ with the camera, with her "Roboto" voice. I was able to overlook her inability to be afraid when the picture fell off the wall and knocked over the camera. I didn’t mind the fact that she wasn’t freaked out or even defensive with the woman when she grabbed her arms. Didn’t care that she was rude to Hawkes and hung up on him when he was talking about the pine tree…

LOL, I think I overlooked that stuff, too, or tried to, because she was marginally better in those scenes than she usually is. And I missed the rude hang up on Hawkes, but that is definitely one of Lindsay's character traits--she is rude. She snatched some swab Sid took out of his hand early in season two, and she's consistently nasty--not tough, just rude--to people she questions. And standing someone up on a date is rude, too. Her manners are lacking to say the least.

The buck stopped at her mock toughness with the mother during the interrogation. She cannot convey intimidation, so why was she trying to? I was at a crossroad because at the same time, Danny was doing his interrogation. It was perfectly acted. Maybe Carmine tapped into his relationship with his sister to parallel Danny’s behavior during that scene? I just didn’t feel Lindsay’s scene. You’d think that as a mother, Anna Belknap would be able to draw on some transference and give us something!! :confused:

Not to mention, Lindsay supposedly feels such compassion towards mothers! You'd think Anna could work that into her performance...if there was any depth to her performace. But, of course, there isn't, so Lindsay comes off as shrill and unpleasant. And splicing her scene with Carmine's interrogation did her no favors. Carmine's so good at all the things she isn't--coveying emotion behind his words, getting across thoughtfulness and compassion and disapproval all mixed into one.

She’s just so bad and so overmatched that it’s become laughable. :lol: You just count on her sucking so badly that you have to laugh. I can no longer comprehend how she still works for a major network, so I just find comedy in her. It’s just sad that I’m a little embarrassed when she’s acting and someone comes into the room. D/L has actually made my Mom start watching the 10 o’clock news in favor of CSI: NY because Anna Belknap is so bad. That says a lot because she loves Gary Sinise. ;)

It always makes me sad when I hear Anna has chased away viewers. Seriously, she has no business on a primetime network show when there are so many other actresses out there who actually have talent and range.

It always makes me sad when I hear Anna has chased away viewers.
Me too. Although I think it would take A LOT to chase me away from CSI: NY, hehe. Everyone would have to collectively suck really badly for me to stop watching. :lol: But I don't think it's possible for that to happen, everyone else in the cast are great and talented actors.

There are probably a bunch of other actresses out there who would be perfect for Lindsay, who would be able to bring out what TPTB originally envisioned for the character. I don't have any names in mind right now, though. :D

After watching the last episode I really understand why they put Lindsay in the lab. Some of those part werte really hard to see bacause you don't hae just to see it, you have to guess, what she's trying to express. The fact that she has the same expression when she's wotking on the lab than when she's 'supposed' to be scared is really amazing. What does that mean? She's afraid of the chemicals when she's working in the lab? She was waiting the machines to beep to get a reason why a woman was inside a house? Really frustrating.

We can try to give her more oportunities, blame the scripters for making her go from a sweet little girl to a insufrible woman, but those scenes were really all her doing.

That says a lot because she loves Gary Sinise.

Haha, same with my mom. Oh, because of Flack too. Come to think of it, she doesn't even know who Lindsey is. I mean, yeah... the name she knows but other than that.... she's blah.

It always makes me sad when I hear Anna has chased away viewers. Seriously, she has no business on a primetime network show when there are so many other actresses out there who actually have talent and range.
She has? OMG. And here I am thinking of all my classmates who watch CSI:NY for D/L.

It would take a lot to chase me away from any program. Yet, consistent bad acting and pointless/directionless material could do that to me. Especially if it is sooooo blatant and tooooo much.

chaostheory08 said:

Haha, same with my mom. Oh, because of Flack too. Come to think of it, she doesn't even know who Lindsey is. I mean, yeah... the name she knows but other than that.... she's blah.

It would take a lot to chase me away from any program. Yet, consistent bad acting and pointless/directionless material could do that to me. Especially if it is sooooo blatant and tooooo much.

I’m a glutton for punishment, so I haven’t given up on the show. :lol: It just stinks because we would always catch up with each other and talk about the show and our lives in general. I can’t say she totally hates the show. It’s just that it isn’t worth missing the news or Dr. Phil now. She’ll watch if I tell her that Gary is going to have a big part, but not more. She loved absolutely "Snow Day". :lol:

I agree that it would have to be an entire cast to make me quit the show, but I think she didn’t like Lindsay from Day One. She was a huge fan of the show. She called CBS to complain when they interrupted “Outside Man” to report that Yassir Arafat had died. :eek: I mean, that’s how much of a fan of the show she was. :lol:

^Awwww, that really is too bad. :( I know others have mentioned that they've stopped watching because of Lindsay. It wouldn't be enough to keep me from watching the show, but I can definitely sympathize with those who feel the whole show is ruined for them because of her. :(

As for other actresses would could have played Lindsay better than Anna does and who would have made her a truly likable character? I can think of two off the top of my head: Kate Mara and Amy Acker. Kate was in Jack & Bobby and Brokeback Mountain (as Heath Ledger's character's daughter) and Amy Acker was in Angel and Drive. Both are gorgeous, but not in that typical pretty girl way, and both have proved adept at playing country girls. Each has the spirit and charm to make a character lovable, something that I think is at the core of what Anna lacks. I think we'd all be able to forgive Lindsay a lot if Anna brought a warmth to her performace, a depth that made us like Lindsay even when we don't agree with her or what she's doing (like Carmine does with Danny).

Like poison_girl said, we can only lay so much blame at the writers' feet. After all, every other character on the show is compelling, interesting and lovable. The same writers created seven other fantastic characters (Mac, Stella, Danny, Flack, Hawkes, Sid, Adam) and many other supporting ones too. And yet Lindsay is the only one that many people dislike. So I have to go out on a limb and say that's Anna, not the writers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back