Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the ratings go up from season 1 ---> 2? Anyways, if it did I highly doubt it had anything with Lindsay or D/L because most good shows go up in ratings the second season round. And as for the ratings drop whatever the reason was I'm sure all the D/L stuff didn't help.
Yeah, it's unfair to say that D/L was the sole reason for the ratings boost from season1 to season2. It's almost an insult to the other actors working on the show.

I think another reason why a character like Sid sticks out and is so amazing is because Sid is an actual character.
Yeah, I know more of Sid than of Lindsey. And she has been there longer (in terms of episodes and airtime) then he. Heck, we even know his allergies!

chaostheory08 said:
Yeah, I know more of Sid than of Lindsey. And she has been there longer (in terms of episodes and airtime) then he. Heck, we even know his allergies!

And the fact he's had a few wives and more than one daughter and he once drank too much and fell down the stairs. :lol: Poor Sid. At least we know he's a ladies man, amazingly enough. :lol:

What does it say that we're more interested in a minor character than a main one, eh? It seems like even the writers are more interested in fleshing out Hammerback than Lindsay.

What does it say that we're more interested in a minor character than a main one, eh? It seems like even the writers are more interested in fleshing out Hammerback than Lindsay.
Because Sid/Robert Joy can pull off those layers of character. Sometimes, it's all in the delivery. If Sid didn't tell the story of his 1st divorce as hilariously as he did, it wouldn't be as memorable. But Robert became the comic relief of that scene.

Delivery is not a strong point of Anna's. That's why no matter what the writers give her, it almost always falls flat.

chaostheory08 said:
Because Sid/Robert Joy can pull off those layers of character. Sometimes, it's all in the delivery. If Sid didn't tell the story of his 1st divorce as hilariously as he did, it wouldn't be as memorable. But Robert became the comic relief of that scene.

I don't think anybody could pull off any of his scenes the way he does. Where as Lindsay's scenes anyone could do if they can read and memorize lines from a script.

Today I was looking for something in my room and I stumbled on a notebook that had lecture notes on it from last year. On the last page I had a bunch of quotes. One of which was from Kim Coates's(Detective Vicaro) lecture to my class it was "You Can't act, you just have to be". Which I think is a perfect quote for Anna. She need to stop acting and become Lindsay the person like Robert is Sid. Not just Lindsay that girl I play on that CSI show.

It's interesting and, IMO, telling that there was no D/L scene in TTAH. I mean it would have actually made sense to have Danny show concern for Lindsay after the subway car incident. It wouldn't have been improper behavior at work and it would be a moment that viewers would share with them and would also show that the relationship is out in the open, like PV hinted at in TV Guide. If Lindsay's not even going to be the love interest any more, why keep her around? She obviously isn't contributing much to the team and her big dark drama is over.

You know the part of TTAH when Drew told Mac he set things up to shoot the first person who walked through the door to save him? Was anyone else yelling at their TV, "Lindsay, step up and volunteer to lead the charge to save Mac!" Or was that just me?

PerfectAnomaly said:
It's interesting and, IMO, telling that there was no D/L scene in TTAH. I mean it would have actually made sense to have Danny show concern for Lindsay after the subway car incident. It wouldn't have been improper behavior at work and it would be a moment that viewers would share with them and would also show that the relationship is out in the open, like PV hinted at in TV Guide.

It looks like they decided not to deepen the relationship, at least not right away. I don't know why, unless they decided it wasn't something they really wanted to pursue after all. The complete lack of time devoted to it makes me wonder if the writers just put them together to appease people and are now relieved they can move on from it and just kind of let it fall to the wayside. Not a bad move, IMO, if they felt they had to pair them.

If Lindsay's not even going to be the love interest any more, why keep her around? She obviously isn't contributing much to the team and her big dark drama is over.

Well, there's no real reason to keep her around aside from a contract, I guess. As a character, she adds nothing to the show, but at least she's no longer detracting from it in a major way.

You know the part of TTAH when Drew told Mac he set things up to shoot the first person who walked through the door to save him? Was anyone else yelling at their TV, "Lindsay, step up and volunteer to lead the charge to save Mac!" Or was that just me?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now that would have been great! :D

PerfectAnomaly said:

As fun as that sounds, I don't think she deserves to die a death like that. Plus you really think she can pull off dying?

"No, no, no, ow, ow. This really hurts. I've been shot. Owwwww." <insert scrunch face>

WhosLaughingNow said:
PerfectAnomaly said:

As fun as that sounds, I don't think she deserves to die a death like that. Plus you really think she can pull off dying?

"No, no, no, ow, ow. This really hurts. I've been shot. Owwwww." <insert scrunch face>

I was thinking more of *BANG* Lindsay dies instantly. Even if it happened the way you said, it wouldn't be any worse than any other scene AB's done. :rolleyes: I'd sit through a long, painful death scene if I knew it meant no more Anna scrunch-face/blank stare/look of confusion/can't emote/can't deliver my lines convincingly Belknap when it was over. :cool:

It looks like they decided not to deepen the relationship, at least not right away. I don't know why, unless they decided it wasn't something they really wanted to pursue after all. The complete lack of time devoted to it makes me wonder if the writers just put them together to appease people and are now relieved they can move on from it and just kind of let it fall to the wayside. Not a bad move, IMO, if they felt they had to pair them.
Well, if they are to "continue" the relationship after the hiatus, it wouldn't really make sense anymore. Cold shoulder for the first half of the season and then -- poof -- lovey-dovey the latter half. Talk about bad writing and total disregard to continuity.

Maybe they could show why Danny's acting this way on the next half of the season. Just a closure for the viewers (because it's not only us who notice his treatment of her) why he's that way.

Plus you really think she can pull off dying?
Probably the blank expression when she's already dead.

^ Or blinking. :p I could live with it though, if it meant seeing the back of her.

The D/L thread are getting restive at the lack of "moments" so far this season. Despite having no sympathy whatsoever, I do see their point to some extent. The comments by AZ and Pam Veasey seemed to promise at least evidence of a relationship.

It seems highly likely that the TPTB have dropped that storyline, which is in itself strange, given the amount time they devoted to setting it up. It's getting to the point, as someone has already noted, that going back to it will look downright strange.

Eh, I think I'm just rambling senselessly as the moment. 'Tis puzzling, is all.

I don't think it matters how much time they 'put in' to something--if they decide not to do it anymore for whatever reason, they'll stop. Plain and simple. Is that the case here? Who knows. All I know is that saying 'they'd never drop it now' is simply not true (and I keep seeing people say it).

Mac and Peyton's relationship might have only lasted one season (rather than the two that Danny and Lindsay's relationship has supposedly been building for), but they made much fuss over the fact that the relationship with Peyton was important to Mac, that he was moving on after Claire's death, that they were having to deal with things together, blah blah--basically far more in depth than Danny and Lindsay's relationship has gotten (aka I KAIR ABOUT U! WE HAV SECKS!)--and yet, when it came down to it, they dropped it easily. The reason was probably the actress's schedule in this case, but it doesn't change the fact that they've 'dropped' something that they spent a season showing us was important. Could they bring the relationship and Peyton back? Sure, but at this point it's effectively disappeared.

Danny and Lindsay have had 'moments' this season--they weren't holding hands or having sex or having deep, thoughtful conversations about their relationship, but they had 'moments'. There was the condom spray thing in "Can You Hear Me Now?", there was the stuff in "Commuted Sentences", there was the geeky stuff in "You Only Die Once", they worked together in "Boo", etc--the question is not whether they've had 'moments' inserted into this show about crime scene investigation, because they absolutely have--the question is whether people think it's good enough. A year ago, a few scenes were supposedly enough to 'show' us that Danny and Lindsay had chemistry (and someone like myself who didn't buy it was expected to see and believe it based on those scenes), but now they aren't enough to 'show' us that they're in a relationship?

If continuity from injuries gets pushed aside, I don't know why who's shagging who should be granted more importance.

In the meantime, we still don't know who in the f*ck Lindsay Monroe is. Unless she is merely a love interest character (and her series regular status should debunk that idea), I don't know why so much focus should be put on whether she and Danny are running around and reminding us all that they're in a relationship. :rolleyes: Why aren't more people demanding scenes to show that she still has problems with mothers/fathers/dead girls/shotguns/9-11 calls/etc (rather than wishing that she'd lose the 'baggage')? Either way, it's continuity, and if you look at it that way, her 'relationship' with Danny has gotten more continuity than her personal issues, hasn't it? Both have been neglected, but I should hope that one was more important than the other, and I don't mean who she's sleeping with. "Boo" should have brought Lindsay back to the major issues she had last season, but I didn't really see that--it was a wasted opportunity for continuity.

[Wow, I sound a bit bitchy tonight, methinks--mayhap Aunt Flo is on the way? :p]

Not bitchy, but certainly a bit crabby. :lol: :lol: Chocolate, Fay?

Those 'moments' are just not 'moment' enough. They want supply closet sex, weddings and babies. only then, will canon be CANON enough. :D I guess I'm just mean and their pain amuses me. 'Nuff said.

If continuity from injuries gets pushed aside, I don't know why who's shagging who should be granted more importance.
Bing!! And there we have it! I guess if Danny's hand can heal completely in, oh, two or three weeks, if the lab can be blown up and rebuilt in the same amount of time, then the whole D/L thing can suffer the same fate. Yet another loose thread, like Louie's fate, though one of considerably lesser importance/interest.

As far as Lindsay's character is concerned, it's interesting how many reviews or comments from Lindsay fans seem disappointed that she isn't, well, doing anything. Strangely eoungh, a lot of them seem to think she should be laying the smackdown on perps. :confused: Hasn't she only ever done that once, in her very first episode? I can't remember her being aggressive or assertive in any other situation, except when she is in interrogation. And then she comes across as snippy and cross. Where does this image of Lindsay as shit-kicker heroine come from? More self-insertion?

Strangely eoungh, a lot of them seem to think she should be laying the smackdown on perps. Hasn't she only ever done that once, in her very first episode?
I actually was pretty hopeful about her character, based on her first appearance in Season 2's "Zoo York". Unfortunately, things have been slowly going down the drain since then. :rolleyes: I agree, most of the time when she is trying to be all bad-cop like, Lindsay just comes across as snippy rather than aggressive.

In the meantime, we still don't know who in the f*ck Lindsay Monroe is.
The biggest tidbit we know about her after 3 seasons is that she was the sole survivor of a bloody crime that left all her friends dead. Oh, and she was the hopscotch champ in 3rd grade! *OMG IS EXCITED...NOT*

Sometimes I get the feeling that the writers don't like Lindsay any more than we do. :lol: They actually bother to write in little tidbits of other characters' personal lives and childhoods during an episode (i.e. Flack talking about his mom's corn beef, Danny telling Hawkes about his mother's mozarella, Aiden telling Mac about growing up in Brooklyn, etc.), all the writers have given us about Lindsay is that she was the hopscotch champ as a kid? :rolleyes: Wow, like that's interesting to know. While we are able to smile when the other characters relate their personal stories, all Lindsay manages to get with that hopscotch story is a massive eye roll from me.

I don't know why, but being in this thread always manages to bring out my sarcastic side...:lol: See you've done, Lindsay?

Faylinn said:
In the meantime, we still don't know who in the f*ck Lindsay Monroe is. Unless she is merely a love interest character (and her series regular status should debunk that idea), I don't know why so much focus should be put on whether she and Danny are running around and reminding us all that they're in a relationship. :rolleyes: Why aren't more people demanding scenes to show that she still has problems with mothers/fathers/dead girls/shotguns/9-11 calls/etc (rather than wishing that she'd lose the 'baggage')? Either way, it's continuity, and if you look at it that way, her 'relationship' with Danny has gotten more continuity than her personal issues, hasn't it? Both have been neglected, but I should hope that one was more important than the other, and I don't mean who she's sleeping with. "Boo" should have brought Lindsay back to the major issues she had last season, but I didn't really see that--it was a wasted opportunity for continuity.

AMEN!
happy117.gif
I agree with everything you said there.

penguinpie said:
Those 'moments' are just not 'moment' enough. They want supply closet sex, weddings and babies. only then, will canon be CANON enough. :D I guess I'm just mean and their pain amuses me. 'Nuff said.

Let's not forget the slow dance in the elevator :p

I can't remember her being aggressive or assertive in any other situation, except when she is in interrogation. And then she comes across as snippy and cross.

You could possibly count when she whipped out her gun in boo. Am I the only one who wanted her to accidentally shoot Danny in maybe the shoulder? As much as I like Danny I really would have liked her to get in trouble. Like suspended indefinitely... or fired.

Lessien_Tinuviel said:
They actually bother to write in little tidbits of other characters' personal lives and childhoods during an episode (i.e. Flack talking about his mom's corn beef, Danny telling Hawkes about his mother's mozarella, Aiden telling Mac about growing up in Brooklyn, etc.), all the writers have given us about Lindsay is that she was the hopscotch champ as a kid? :rolleyes: Wow, like that's interesting to know. While we are able to smile when the other characters relate their personal stories, all Lindsay manages to get with that hopscotch story is a massive eye roll from me.

I think you have to keep in mind that she probably needs some emotional range to be able to pull off something as small and as personal as that. Maybe the writers know she can't do it because she has the emotional depth of a kiddie pool... ok a half full kiddie pool.

Ps. I hate the short hair. It makes her look 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back