Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^Exactly. It didn't affect her performance in any way, during or after the pregnancy. Compare that to NY last season when it was obvious that something was up with Lindsay...

^ Saying her crap acting his because shes pregnant is the worst excuse since the dog ate my homework. Tons of other actresses are still just as fab and you don't even notice.

Anna dear, acting's not your thing. Sorry but someone had to say it :(

i ask myself this question again WHY?

Faylinn said:
^^Exactly. It didn't affect her performance in any way, during or after the pregnancy. Compare that to NY last season when it was obvious that something was up with Lindsay...

And it was soooooo obvious that she was pregnant. The wardrobe or camera crew didn't help her in that department at all.

As for Louise, heck -- this is all news to me haha.

chaostheory08 said:
And it was soooooo obvious that she was pregnant. The wardrobe or camera crew didn't help her in that department at all.

It was obvious she was pregnant, but I've seen other actresses that have been obviously pregnant when their character was not. There's only so many ways you can hide it, afterall; especially since a lot of women gain weight in their face as well as other places. Hiding the actress' pregnancy has nothing to do with the actress' performance. Although some people (not talking about you chaos) think otherwise.

^Exactly. There's only so much that can be done to hide a pregnancy, and I think whatever they can do is great, but beyond that, it's no big deal. The audience can be asked to suspend belief a little there. Not on acting skills though--we shouldn't have to sit through bad performances and excuse them. It's Anna's job to bring her A-game to every episode, and it's not even like she's off some of the time. Most of the time her performance is middling to downright awful. I don't care what excuses are rolled out, ultimately they lead to the same conclusion: she's just not a good actress.

I had at some point recorded "Days of Wine and Roaches" or is it "Daze of Wine and Roaches"? Anyway, I didn't clearly have a memory of the episode. As things happened I thought, right I remember this, but I couldn't remember what the conclusions to the cases were just from the opening scene like I usually can. Anyway, I think I must have just blocked it out of my memory because really the episode wasn't very good. And there was an OVER abundance of smug know-it-all Lindsay in my opinion. As has been said here before, she really just comes across as a show-off in many of her scenes.

There was one scene where she looks at the label from a bottle of wine and starts to walk away from Danny and Adam and the two men share a look and smile. So I guess I was supposed to see that scene with her leaving so abruptly and without a word as cute and charming when really it wasn't. I don't know, maybe I am being unfair and letting my overall dislike of her affect my judgment whenever she is on screen.

privatename said:
There was one scene where she looks at the label from a bottle of wine and starts to walk away from Danny and Adam and the two men share a look and smile. So I guess I was supposed to see that scene with her leaving so abruptly and without a word as cute and charming when really it wasn't. I don't know, maybe I am being unfair and letting my overall dislike of her affect my judgment whenever she is on screen.

Heh, that scene always amuses me, but not for the reason you might think.

Take a very good look at Danny and Adam right before the moment Danny gives Adam that weird smile. It's the shot that shows all three of them from the top. If you watch Danny and Adam, you'll see Danny shrugging his shoulders and gesticulating his hands at Adam as if saying, "What the hell is she doing?" And Adam, if I remember correctly, gives Danny a, "I have no idea, man," shrug. :lol:

I think they want us to believe she's determined or brilliant. Look, she got an idea that will solve the case! All I see when she acts like that is how rude & weird she is. :rolleyes: Matching this scene we have one with Sid, when he looks at her like WTF was that, after she grabbed a piece of evidence from his hand. Miracle she didn't scratch him. :lol:

About the pregnancy though, was I the only person that thought that it might make her better? As an actor who has never had kids I could be completely wrong but I would think that after having a baby you would be somewhat better because now you have all these new emotions that you never might have really had before or tapped into to use when acting. I'm not sure if that made any sense.

I hear what you're saying.
But I wonder if some would argue that as an actor on one of the most watched shows in the whole frikken world, those emotion techniques should come standard.
???

^Well, yeah, I mean I think anyone on a primetime show should be able to slip into a character and channel emotions naturally, which Anna just doesn't seem to be able to do. I just don't think she's ever really inhabited the character, which is something an actor really needs to do to make a character convincing. She's marginally better this season, and thankfully not around as much.

privatename said:
I don't know, maybe I am being unfair and letting my overall dislike of her affect my judgment whenever she is on screen.

If I can make a suggestion, I suspect that is indeed the case for some people. It stands to reason that if you already dislike Lindsay/Anna then whenever she appears on screen you're thinking 'Ugh, she's going to suck again' and you're ready to find fault with everything she does before she opens her mouth. She doesn't provoke quite that reaction in me but I can relate to the feeling as I get that with Horatio in Miami!!

Incidentally I do agree that Anna's the weakest link in the cast. Her delivery often comes across as awkward and she generally doesn't convey emotion well. It's like when they brought Scrappy into Scooby Doo. The whole balance of the show was upset. Don't laugh, I was psychologically scarred by that cartoon abomination!

Kat1974 said:
privatename said:
I don't know, maybe I am being unfair and letting my overall dislike of her affect my judgment whenever she is on screen.

If I can make a suggestion, I suspect that is indeed the case for some people. It stands to reason that if you already dislike Lindsay/Anna then whenever she appears on screen you're thinking 'Ugh, she's going to suck again' and you're ready to find fault with everything she does before she opens her mouth. She doesn't provoke quite that reaction in me but I can relate to the feeling as I get that with Horatio in Miami!!

Fair enough, though I know I do go out of my way (and I've seen others do this too) to try to give her a fair shake with each episode. When her acting is decent, I'll say it. But it's definitely true that dislike for the character and the actress's performance builds up.

Incidentally I do agree that Anna's the weakest link in the cast. Her delivery often comes across as awkward and she generally doesn't convey emotion well. It's like when they brought Scrappy into Scooby Doo. The whole balance of the show was upset. Don't laugh, I was psychologically scarred by that cartoon abomination!

LOL, good analogy! :lol: She does upset the balance if for no other reason than everyone else on this show is so good. Her unnatural and forced acting really stands out more than it would among a lesser cast.

LOL, good analogy! She does upset the balance if for no other reason than everyone else on this show is so good. Her unnatural and forced acting really stands out more than it would among a lesser cast.
So, I'm not the only one who didn't like Scrappy Doo? :lol:

Lindsay makes the whole show unstable, she's the one who don't fit into the line of the characters. In NY all characters are developed, we all know how they would react under some circunstances, if they would cry, call for help or close around themselves, for example. With Lindsay you never know what would she do, how would she react, and sometimes that's a good thing, it makes the show more interesting, but this time is more annoying, because under the same circunstances she has have three different reactions, and that were not to make the show more unpredictable, just beceuse they were trying to find some reaction she would fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back