Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is dangerous. When I woke up this morning I was pro-Lindsay. You may have convinced me otherwise. Even though I remain a D/L shipper, I can't find evidence to disagree with what's been said. Thanks, guys, now I'm depressed, my no.1 t.v. obsession just died.

Carrieattheprom said:
She was actually kinda fun in last night's episode. As I said in the episode thread, the sling shot scene was a lot of fun and I liked her line about shooting at boys. I also liked Danny calling her Dennis the Menace. If she could just be like this most of the time I wouldn't have a problem with her.

I agree with you one hundred percent on that one. I found her fun to watch (in at least that scene with the slingshot) and it seemed to me that Anna was having fun with the scene as well. And the D/L moment in there wasn't bad either, and for a minute i felt they did have some chemistry, if only for that short moment. Anna is definately better with lighthearted stuff, as has been said multiple times in this and other threads, and in this episode she really did seem to be the spunky and tough girl that she started out as early in season 2. Unfortunately, she never remained that way, and i haven't seen it again until last night's episode. Same with the D/L thing, i've never seen much chemistry between them until tonight, and it shouldn't have taken that long to become obvious...if Lindsay was written as a spunky and tough girl and if Anna had played her all along with the same enthusiasm she did last night, who knows what could have been...

Carmeena said:
This thread is dangerous. When I woke up this morning I was pro-Lindsay. You may have convinced me otherwise. Even though I remain a D/L shipper, I can't find evidence to disagree with what's been said. Thanks, guys, now I'm depressed, my no.1 t.v. obsession just died.

Sorry, Carmeena! :eek: Nothing wrong with liking Lindsay or D/L, and I've seen even people who like the actress comment on the fact that she doesn't handle the heavy emotional stuff very well.

For what it's worth, I liked her better last night, too. I thought she really did a good job with the lighter stuff. And Anna Belknap actually showed some spirit when she delivered the line about shooting boys with slingshots! I think if she put that same amount of enthusiasm and life into every line, she'd be fine and Lindsay would be a character most would like.

I gotta say, though, she did get on my nerves when she got snotty with Amber. Lindsay's uptight attitude/snottyness is what I like the least about the character. It makes her so unappealing. I got where she was coming from--that the evidence in the case they were investigating was all that mattered at this point--but she could have been less heavy-handed in her delivery.

nd Anna Belknap actually showed some spirit when she delivered the line about shooting boys with slingshots!

Probably remembering a childhood activity. I mean don't we all hurl things at boys (well I did)

. Lindsay's uptight attitude/snottyness is what I like the least about the character.

Yeah me too, it's completely unesscary. I mean some characters are great because of they are meant to be like that e.g.Frank Burns from MASH. But I don't Lindsay isn't meant to be like that.

I miss Aiden.

magicmunchies, your avatar disturbs me. :eek:

Anna is better when she'd got light-hearted material to work with. The bow and arrow scene in season 2 was among her more bearable moments. It also demonstrated the fact that she has far more chemistry with Mac than she's ever displayed with Danny. *sigh*

I gotta say, though, she did get on my nerves when she got snotty with Amber. Lindsay's uptight attitude/snottyness is what I like the least about the character. It makes her so unappealing. I got where she was coming from--that the evidence in the case they were investigating was all that mattered at this point--but she could have been less heavy-handed in her delivery.

Her interrogation scenes are terrible. She tries far too hard to be tough and it just comes across as, yes, snotty and pissy. Good (or bad) examples are her interrogation scenes in "All Access" and "Oedipus Hex".

I can't imagine being intimidated if I were on the other side of the table; I'd more likely smack her in the mouth or say something like "Don't take that tone with me, young lady!" Something about her attitude is more surly teenager than tough cop.

If TPTB kept her screentime limited and her scenes light, her presence would be much more tolerable.

It also demonstrated the fact that she has far more chemistry with Mac than she's ever displayed with Danny. *sigh*

Oh yes. Her scene where she kept explaining that the trace was marijuana and Mac goes, "Yes... I know what that is." And the other was was in Jamalot, when Lindsey and Stella were teasing him about the "girlfriend". Those were nice.

Maybe they're starting to see now that Lindsey/Anna couldn't handle the hardcore police work.

Her interrogation scenes are terrible. She tries far too hard to be tough and it just comes across as, yes, snotty and pissy. Good (or bad) examples are her interrogation scenes in "All Access" and "Oedipus Hex".

I can't imagine being intimidated if I were on the other side of the table; I'd more likely smack her in the mouth or say something like "Don't take that tone with me, young lady!" Something about her attitude is more surly teenager than tough cop.

If TPTB kept her screentime limited and her scenes light, her presence would be much more tolerable.

I also really hate Lindsey's interrogation scenes. I think you hit the nail on the head -- she definitely comes across more as a surly teenager than anything else in interrogation scenes. And I pretty much want to smack her whenever she speaks because most of the time I find her attitude and rudeness grating.

I agree she was more tolerable last night. She was still a bit of a know-it-all show-off for my tastes, but she didn't make me want to turn away from the screen either. And, as much as the scene between Danny and Lindsay on the museum steps just before she made the slingshot was cute, I still see zero chemistry between them. As someone upthread mentioned, it was like two friends teasing each other and not like a young couple in lurv.

Oh she's always showing off to Mac.

One interrogation scene that always makes me cringe is the Kia Rowe case... old man killed at the Tram. When she commanded the widow to "Wipe it off", meaning the woman's makeup.... ugh! Blank stare.

chaostheory08 said:
Oh she's always showing off to Mac.

One interrogation scene that always makes me cringe is the Kia Rowe case... old man killed at the Tram. When she commanded the widow to "Wipe it off", meaning the woman's makeup.... ugh! Blank stare.

:lol: Oh God, yes. Lindsay's showing off moments are another of her least appealing character traits. She does especially like to show off to Mac and Stella, doesn't she? *cough* brown-noser *cough* There was that overly long scene in "People With Money", where she was demonstrating her little theory (which turned out to be wrong anyway) and you could see Mac thinking, "The point, Lindsay? Some time today."

We all like to show off what we know from time to time, but her air of smugness is really too damn much. It's as if she expects a round of applause. Who's a clever girl, then? :rolleyes:

Whenever she decides to show off, it's always with Mac and Stella. It's like a child in a brood showing off to mom and dad. But all the time, her theories and findings are brushed off by both Mac and Stella.

I remember in "People With Money", Lindsey was soooo damn sure that she kept finishing sentences and cutting Stella/Mac off. It came to the point that she was almost forcing her theory to fit the evidence. Mac and Stella were rolling their eyes the entire time, talking to each other through their eyes..... in that very SMACk-y kind of way haha.

Sheldon and Flack weren't impressed with her Fiji flower poem thing either, right? One more thing, every time she decides to show-off, there'll be eyerolling from the one she's trying to outsmart.

Whenever she decides to show off, it's always with Mac and Stella. It's like a child in a brood showing off to mom and dad. But all the time, her theories and findings are brushed off by both Mac and Stella.

Yah, I noticed that too. Does she think she'll get a pay rise if she sucks up to the big ones?

Mac and Stella were rolling their eyes the entire time, talking to each other through their eyes..... in that very SMACk-y kind of way haha.

:devil: :devil: :devil:

I like how Mac seems irritated with her every time she goes into some long-winded explanation/experiment--just like the audience gets irritated. ;) The show offy stuff just goes to show what a bad CSI she is--she's more interested in being right or proving her cool theories than she is in, you know, actually following the evidence and getting the real perp. She disgusted me in "People with Money" when she was so eager to pin a crime on someone who turned out to be innocent, and was actually reluctant to go back and reevaluate the evidence, even after Mac told her to!

In Lindsay's defense, no matter how much she annoys you, she'll never be worse than Meredith Grey! Completely unrelated, I know, but consider this: she'll never be uglier than Meredith Grey, she'll never be more selfish than Meredith Grey & she'll never be more a pain in the @$$...
So there's a lot of places worth directing your hate towards & I think it's much better spent hating Meredith Grey!

*inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale* Aah, relief.

I guess if CSI:NY and Grey's Anatomy ever do a cross-network crossover episode, then we'll be able to compare characters!

I do have to say that this week's Lindsay was not as grating as the previous 35 episodes' worth of Lindsay. I hope that Anna is (finally!) channeling Lindsay and not some different version of her every week.

I have read elsewhere that Anna might be having a difficult time being a new mother and still reporting to work to film. That theory is no good: if I were to take ten months to regain my groove at my job after giving birth, I would be *so* fired. And there are many other actresses who return to the job right after giving birth with little difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back