Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how Mac seems irritated with her every time she goes into some long-winded explanation/experiment--just like the audience gets irritated. The show offy stuff just goes to show what a bad CSI she is--she's more interested in being right or proving her cool theories than she is in, you know, actually following the evidence and getting the real perp. She disgusted me in "People with Money" when she was so eager to pin a crime on someone who turned out to be innocent, and was actually reluctant to go back and reevaluate the evidence, even after Mac told her to!
Reminiscent of Greg and Grissom. Only with Greg, it's actually entertaining. If it were Danny who's going around in circles with his explanations, it would be more entertaining to watch.

In "People in Money", Stella almost scolded her and when they walked away, Lindsey huffed and rolled her eyes. Psh.

In Lindsay's defense, no matter how much she annoys you, she'll never be worse than Meredith Grey! Completely unrelated, I know, but consider this: she'll never be uglier than Meredith Grey, she'll never be more selfish than Meredith Grey & she'll never be more a pain in the @$$...
So there's a lot of places worth directing your hate towards & I think it's much better spent hating Meredith Grey!

Well, the show actually called for that kind of attitude from her. Although she's not likable as much as the other characters on GA. LOL.

Hey, these are two completely different characters from two different shows. No comparison. Plus, not all of the posters here watch GA.

I have read elsewhere that Anna might be having a difficult time being a new mother and still reporting to work to film. That theory is no good: if I were to take ten months to regain my groove at my job after giving birth, I would be *so* fired. And there are many other actresses who return to the job right after giving birth with little difference.
One of the actresses that I can think of, right off the top of my head, is Louise Lombard, who plays Sofia Curtis on the original CSI. She returned to the show looking better than she ever was after giving birth, and her performance didn't suffer, IMHO, as a result of being a new mother. I don't remember seeing much of her in the current season, but she was pretty good in Season 6, when she became a regular (I think?).

Oh, and I just thought of another actress: Diane Farr, who plays Megan Reeves on Numb3rs. She put in a great performance in the 3rd season finale, which was her first episode back after being on maternity leave. Her performance has been really consistent so far during the 4th season too. :)

I agree, if Anna was just like everyone else here, her ass would've been fired long ago. I certainly wouldn't miss her if she didn't return to the show after the end of Season 4. :p Maybe then there'll be room in the opening credits for AJ Buckley and Robert Joy. Hehe!

The "oh, Anna wasn't so great because she was pregnant" argument is absurd. For one, Anna sucked long before she got pregnant. Her performances at the end of second season--like in "All Access"--were wooden and unnatural.

And another reason not to buy the pregnancy argument: other actresses have been pregnant and turned in great performances. Mariska Hargitay was nominated and possibly won the Emmy the year she was pregnant. Plenty of actresses turn in excellent performances when they're pregnant. Frankly, I find the "Anna sucked because she was pregnant" vaguely insulting and a weak excuse for a bad actress.

Carmeena said:
In Lindsay's defense, no matter how much she annoys you, she'll never be worse than Meredith Grey! Completely unrelated, I know, but consider this: she'll never be uglier than Meredith Grey, she'll never be more selfish than Meredith Grey & she'll never be more a pain in the @$$...
So there's a lot of places worth directing your hate towards & I think it's much better spent hating Meredith Grey!

*inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale* Aah, relief.

Meredith Grey is actually a great example. Meredith can indeed be selfish, foolish and at times maddening. But Ellen Pompeo is a fantastic actress. Love her or hate her, Meredith is a real, fully fleshed out character in the way Lindsay will never be. I like Meredith now, but I didn't for a while in the second season. However, I never for a moment doubted Pompeo's talent, because she's fantastic. She really has created a character that's truly human. If Anna had one hundredth of the talent Pompeo has, we might be discussing the intracacies of Lindsay's characters, rather than how she's the weakest link in this cast.

Lindsay's BIGGEST character trait is being a show off like in Youngblood in season two she and Danny is analyzing evidence together and when he looks up at her she gazes at him smugly because she has finished her analysis first. :mad:
All I could think of when watching it was geez lady I hope your thorough, because doing things quicker than your partner isn't necessarily an accomplishment. I mean your supposed to be working with evidence in a matter of death aren't you supposed to be taking your time and making sure you get it right?

Top41 said:
Frankly, I find the "Anna sucked because she was pregnant" vaguely insulting and a weak excuse for a bad actress.

The biggest irony about that arguement?

It wasn't said by people who don't think much about her acting.

It was said by those who do.

What the heck does that say?

The Meredith Grey complaint was just something that has been on my mind, I guess she just strikes the wrong cord with me more so than Lindsay.

I don't buy the pregnancy argument. Is that actually even an official excuse? Mariska Hargitay was the first example that came to mind, but then again she's in a league of her own. (Girl is on FIRE!) :D

Here's a thought - Fox didn't even blink when they popped off Sara in PB & it was a consequence of the same situation. interesting, no?

Is CBS aware of this debate? I'm sure I've seen it discussed before that Carmine reads this thread, so they know there's haters out there. Do you think they expect any kind of recourse from her?

^^We know the writers have read the forum, so we can assume that they probably know this thread exists. But Peter Lenkov pointed out that what they read online doesn't affect the show, so if any changes are made and whatnot, it has nothing to do with our little thread here. :p

Oh, and 'she was pregnant' is a bad excuse. As is 'she was new'. I'm still waiting for the season 4 excuse, but we might not get one--1.) she's barely there this season*, 2.) she's not really being asked to do things that would cause strong reactions, and 3.) the writers' strike is putting a bit of a damper on the whole situation.

*Actually, I'm thinking the excuse this season might be that she's not getting enough screentime. Time will tell. :p

Faylinn said:
*Actually, I'm thinking the excuse this season might be that she's not getting enough screentime. Time will tell. :p

That'll probably be the one. Which is hysterical when you consider how much screen time Hill Harper gets and he still manages to give amazing performances as Hawkes. And then there's AJ Buckley who took Adam from not even recurring to series regular because of his amazing performances. And then there's Emmanuelle Vaugier who gets very little screen time but turns in a fabulous performance as Det. Angell. [sarcasm]Unless, of course, a spoiler pops up that she may be flirting with Danny.[/sarcasm] :rolleyes:

I just don't get why some people are so willing to try and excuse AB's lousy performances. :confused:

The fact that there's a different excuse rolled out each season just goes to prove the point that there is no excuse for her poor performance. None of the other actors needed any excuses to explain poor performances because, oh yes, they don't have any. ;)

When a series regular is out-acted by recurring and guest actors, it really doesn't reflect well on the show or the actor.

And just to clarify, Carmeena: Carmine has mentioned he's looked at the board, but hasn't specified which threads. I'd assume he'd most naturally be curious about the ones about Danny, so it's not necessarily a given that he's read this thread. Whether or not Anna or CBS is aware of the thread I don't know, but either way, I wouldn't expect any reaction or response from either.

Faylinn said:
I'm still waiting for the season 4 excuse, but we might not get one--1.) she's barely there this season*, 2.) she's not really being asked to do things that would cause strong reactions, and 3.) the writers' strike is putting a bit of a damper on the whole situation.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ah, Fay, I love you so. You put the money on number 1, I pu my money on number 3 because the strike means they'll have somebody new to blame! :p

PerfectAnomaly said:
[sarcasm]Unless, of course, a spoiler pops up that she may be flirting with Danny.[/sarcasm]

Okay, that made me laugh but I don't quite get what that has to do with Emmanuelle Vaugier playing Angell well. Unless you mean nobody ragged on her until those spoilers where Angell was meant to have a 'sexually charged' moment with Danny came up? ;)

Kimmychu said:
PerfectAnomaly said:
[sarcasm]Unless, of course, a spoiler pops up that she may be flirting with Danny.[/sarcasm]

Okay, that made me laugh but I don't quite get what that has to do with Emmanuelle Vaugier playing Angell well. Unless you mean nobody ragged on her until those spoilers where Angell was meant to have a 'sexually charged' moment with Danny came up? ;)

When I said that, I may have been thinking about the spoiler and some people's reaction to Ang - er, I mean the spoiler - after it came out. ;)

One of the actresses that I can think of, right off the top of my head, is Louise Lombard, who plays Sofia Curtis on the original CSI. She returned to the show looking better than she ever was after giving birth, and her performance didn't suffer, IMHO, as a result of being a new mother.
OT: Which season was this? Thanks!

*Actually, I'm thinking the excuse this season might be that she's not getting enough screentime. Time will tell.
And whose fault it that? Hahaha....

"Strong reactions" -- I am wondering whether to view this positively or negatively.....

I think it's great that her screentime is limited this season. It was a wise move on the part of TPTB; if they're not going to get rid of her, at least they can limit the amount of damage she can do to their scripts. :lol: She's being given a lot less important things to do--mostly she just gives evidence and makes eyes at/flirts with Danny. I think giving her the lighter stuff and leaving it at that is probably the best way they could handle the character, short of getting rid of her (still the best option IMO ;) ).

ETA: You can tell how distracted I get since I was typing this before Top even posted. :lol: [/edit]

Haha, I think you just proved the point about Louise nicely. :lol:

"Strong reactions" -- I am wondering whether to view this positively or negatively.....
I mean that she's not really being given anything that would cause her to stand out one way or another. Nothing spectacularly good, nothing spectacularly bad. She mostly just exists. Did she even stand out in "Boo", when she was basically the main character on that case? Personally, I don't think she did. It felt like she was along for the ride with the viewers more than it seemed like she was actually an active participant in the series of events.

She excels in mediocrity. Not everybody can be outstanding, but in a cast of first-rate actors and actresses, in a role surrounded by strongly-acted characters, she just sticks out like a sore thumb.

chaostheory08 said:
One of the actresses that I can think of, right off the top of my head, is Louise Lombard, who plays Sofia Curtis on the original CSI. She returned to the show looking better than she ever was after giving birth, and her performance didn't suffer, IMHO, as a result of being a new mother.
If I remember correctly, Louise was pregnant in later parts of Season 5 (when she was a recurring character), and returned in Season 6 as a regular? My memory of CSI's Season 6 and 7 is a little fuzzy... :eek: I think my obsession of NY has caused me to gloss over a lot of what was going on in the original CSI. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back