Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

The Handler.
    I actually thought she wasn't so bad in that, but then it's been years since I saw it.

2. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

OOOOH i like that idea...see, then we'd have a male member of the team scantily clad in a bathtub, and for once and psycho girlfriend and not a psycho boyfriend on the show....see? Best of both worlds. lol :D

3. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I dunno, guys. Considering how things have gone on for two seasons, either TPTB is going to drag this out until the show dies a dishonorable death while disregarding quality of writing and such, or something's going to happen this season that will make or break everything. Carmine's statements in his latest interview are promising and seem to point to the latter. But then you get this promo picture, and Zuiker's soap operaish gushing and you really have to wonder if Carmine's doing what we're all doing: hoping what it could really be, but knowing that it won't be and it's gonna be crap like the last few seasons. (At least he has his big pay to assuage himself. :p)

Seeing as this is the Why Lindsay Must Go thread ... what's been niggling at me lately is why Lindsay's been the center of everything since she came onto the show until now. Two seasons later. Even Danny hasn't gotten that much attention and he's the cash cow (who, yes, has been decapitated in order to accommodate the new girl as well). Hey, I get that the writers might have been concerned about viewers not paying attention to her at the start, but two whole seasons in? That's way too much, man.

There are so many fantastic story plots that have been left hanging or seemingly abandoned for good for the sake of the USS Dindsay (my God, what an awful nickname). Like Louie. The repurcussions of Flack's clashing with Mac. Stella and her past. Hawkes and his past. Mac and Reed. You get the picture. So somebody please to be explaining to me ... why have all these plots been chucked aside for the sake of a relationship that has zero chemistry, is terribly awkward and forced? Is Lindsay such a lousy character that she has to be propped up by the star of the show even now? Is Anna so unskilled at her job that TPTB believe they still have to use Carmine to prop her up and keep the show going after all this time?

Something is not right here, ladies and gentlemen.

4. bethybug

bethybug Hit and Run

What I don't understand is why they don't just send Lindsey back to wherever she came from and just hire someone new? Or leave the cast as is? They've got a talented group of actors. I guess it's because they didn't want Melina to be the only woman on the show, but she's a strong actress. And Stella's a strong character. She could handle being with the boys. But no. They had to add the worst actress they could find and upset the balance of a great cast.

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I don't think Lindsay has been at the center of everything since she's arrived, but great effort has been made to develop her character and make her a central part of the group. Because that didn't really happen--she bonded with Mac a little in the beginning, but other than that, she hasn't really gelled with any of the other characters--they went the easy route and put her in a relationship. It's the best way to hide both Anna's flaws as an actress and Lindsay's weakness as a character, because many get wrapped up in the relationship. Because Danny is so popular, it doesn't matter that Lindsay is a crappy character. It's just cute to see him being all sweet and romantic! The fact that the relationship lacks chemistry is bothersome, but so much of the focus is on Danny as a boyfriend--and having him be a sweet and caring one panders to women in the audience. Not all are sold--as evinced by this thread ;) --but enough are, and Hollywood does nothing if not make assumptions about demographics.

I posted this in the Carmine discussion thread with regards to Danny:

I don't think the character of Lindsay was necessary (the team didn't really need to replace Aiden since Hawkes moved into the field)--but I don't think the character was inherantly a mess from day one. It was when Anna came in and clearly couldn't handle what they gave her once they started to get into heavier storylines with her character that things started to go off track.

6. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Her eyes are totally devoid of emotion. Her voice is sooo whiny. Idk. It's in the eyes IMO.

I don't think that'll happen. Not if the writers can help it. I read an article that D/L is staying together this season and everyone in the lab would know about it. Sure, if anybody's not comfy about it, they'll keep their peace because TPTB said so.

She clashed with Stella and Mac more than once. Mac and Stella stuck together and Lindsey was like this little girl -- the only thing missing was the stamping of feet to complete her tantrum. (Season3 pilot)

And this is Lindsey's story according to her facial expression:
    Hi. My name is Lindsey Monroe. And..... blank. Oh, this is Danny Messer. And.... blank.

Third grade... had they even considered that teachers tell their students only positive things. Coz if they don't they'll cry all the way to Mommy and calling them evil?

TPTB did things drastically with D/L. Maybe they'll so something equally drastic again. Like the 'bump' in the road can actually be a 'mountain'. There's no small issue for D/L. And they clearly have to tell themselves that ALL THE TIME.

I thought so too. I mean, she could be another CSI, albeit a not-so major one. She f*cked with the chemistry of the team. She's like a sore thumb. Take CSI:LV for example. No matter how many people they pull in to help the the main team: Sofia, Archie, Hodges, Mandy, Wendy... it's all coherent. Throw Lindsey into the original NY team and you really can't put her anywhere.

And it's obvious Flack doesn't like her much. All the words he shared with her either had an air of hostility (when he was explaining the water tanks to her and the block party) or irritation.

7. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

Yes, I completely agree with you. Like I've said before it's like she has lifeless fish eyes. Almost as if she's really bored.

8. Catwoman

Catwoman Hit and Run

Um...well...about the same. I would say better because she didn't have as much airtime, but I'm pretty sure she was just as lousy because you can't fix stupid. :lol:

Take care,

Cat

9. Catwoman

Catwoman Hit and Run

I'm glad it's not just me who noticed that. I honestly think it's because Eddie Cahill is a very intelligent man, well spoken and well read, and doesn't like putting up with unprofessional and untalented hacks who get hired because they made use of "the casting couch". :lol: Seriously, I think the writers may have told Eddie that Flack should act that way because she's messing with the friendship of him and Danny. It's rather feminine and juvenile, I know, but who knows...nowadays, I wouldn't put much past the writers.

Take care,

Cat

10. Top41

:lol: Less screentime--that's what I'm hoping for her for season four. I wouldn't call her bearable in smaller doses--she sucked hard in season three and her screentime was reduced because of her pregnancy--but at least her bad acting will only come in small doses.

Let's not make assumptions about the actress's character--it's one thing to question her talent, but stay away from trashing her personally, i.e. no casting couch accusations.

I do find it interesting that Flack seems to dislike Lindsay. (For the record, Eddie has only had nice things to say about Anna.) He seems to find her annoying and oftentimes seems to be ignoring her. We've seen how protective he is of Danny, which makes me wonder if Flack is concerned about all the heartache Lindsay put Danny though. I'd love to see a conversation between the two where Flack expresses his reservations about Lindsay to Danny.

And hey--if Flack doesn't like someone, we know that person is no good! :lol:

11. Catwoman

Catwoman Hit and Run

I so agree. That would be the best. I think we may actually begin to adjust to her in smaller doses. :)

Sorry...I'll play nice from now on.

That would be a great epi. They start the epi with the ending of a really intense case and then the entire epi is all about how they deal with that. Ex. Flack, Danny, and Lindsey in a bar talking about life. I'd love to see the three of them interact so you can get the full feel for how Flack and Lindsey feel about each other. I'm just afraid that we would get the same flat, unemotional, dialog we have come to expect from Lindsey. The good thing would be Flack and Danny having a friend moment. :)

Take care,

Cat

12. Top41

^I think, if Anna could pull it off, it would be cool to see a confrontation between Flack and Lindsay over the way she treated Danny. But, it's CSI: NY not Melrose Place, and I doubt she could pull it off. Still, if we're stuck with Lindsay, I'd love to see Flack's apparent dislike of her explored.

13. Catwoman

Catwoman Hit and Run

^Unfortunately, I think we are stuck with her since we don't know how long her contract is, so...how can we make her scenes more bearable? I know that she probably couldn't pull off the whole drinking scene (unless they actually allow all of them to drink and then I think it would be hysterical :lol:) but it would be something different. Who knows, maybe she'll get pregnant again and miss 6 more epis in the middle of the season. :) :devil:

Take care,

Cat

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Everyone is going to think she's just a perfect fit in the team, nobody is going to have a problem with her, nobody is going to dislike her relationship with Danny, and everything will be hunky-dory--because the ones in charge seem to be hell-bent on that being the case. Anna can warp a thousand scenes, and Lindsay can flop in a thousand more, but nothing about the writing for the show will change--Lindsay will continue to be the fantastic breath of fresh air that fits right in and that everybody gets along with swimmingly.

And I'll tell you one thing, if it seems awkward, you're not going to sell it to me as being anything but. Plugging your ears and humming doesn't change what you're ignoring.

The idea of Flack confronting her would be nice, but could they handle letting someone disrespect the fantabulous Miss Monroe? No! Indeed not! The characters all love her and whatever she does is right.

*cough*Mary-Sue*cough*

15. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Sad but true. Seeing Flack finally come out and say he has a problem with her would be great; it would be nice to see some Flack/Danny interaction that we've been missing. (and by the way....when Danny was taken hostage in Snow Day, he called Flack...not Lindsay...so there...lol).

But the way the show has been going with this whole Lindsay thing, i doubt the Mary Sue train is going to stop any time soon. Just as no one noticed how bad of a fit she was these past two seasons and how lame her storylines and attitude are, everyone's going to love her because the writers tell them too.

I feel bad for the truly gifted actors on the show having to deal with all this crap. They all seem to like Anna as a person, and i think that makes it even harder for them to deal with her mediocre/lame acting. It's always harder to critcize or critique a friend on their abilities, than someone you dislike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.