Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

lol sorry about that. I'm definately not a fan of her either...but i can't help but think that i COULD have loved her had she been developed...and since she wasn't developed at all, i'm going the opposite direction :p

I know what you mean. If CSI:NY is such a great show, it would be natural to assume that it would bring on a great actress and a great character. Unfortunately, Anna/Lindsay doesnt fit that idea. Again i have to think about the could have been situation with her....she had the potential to become a great character, but either the writing or the acting (or both) failed on that.

I do the same thing with other shows and movies i like too, i have to admit. If you are are die-hard fan of something, you try to overlook its flaws because you love it, and you can focus on the things you love. Its the same thing with Lindsay fans--they see a new character, who in their eyes brought "freshness" to the show, has "chemistry" with a main character, and is just so cute with Danny. But its the same viceversa, too. I do not like Lindsay, so i focus on the bad. I can realize that she's better at lighter moments and that she is very different than Aiden, but i try to ignore these possible strengths because I dislike her.

Sorry if i sounded like i was a crazy Lindsay-must-die kind of person =/

2. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

...probably the same ones that made my gatorade go up my nose :lol:

I wonder if she ever re-reads her own interviews...
    :rolleyes:

3. bethybug

bethybug Hit and Run

OMG... does she even read her interviews. She sounds very conceited. It's like there's not even a hint of humility. At least make it sound like you are somewhat humbled by getting onto a show that big. Don't sound like you knew you'd get it unless you're really that good.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Heh, thanks for sharing, PA. :lol:

O rly?

Um...maybe she's forgetting to un-internalize it?

Damn, she peaked at 8?

When I was in the third grade, I wanted to drive a school bus when I grew up.

That sentence is made of the lulz. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same here. I was very optimistic when she first came. I certainly wasn't predisposed to dislike her. I liked "Medical Investigation", after all, and I'm pretty sure I bugged the crap out of my family before "Zoo York" came on because I was excited about getting to see the new character.

It went downhill from there--slowly at first and then snowballing.

Very true. Some people think "Torchwood" is utter s*it. I love it regardless of it's faults (which I fully recognize)--actually, those things are part of why I love it. It's corny, campy goodness, baby!

...actually, maybe it's not the same. That's kind of like someone going "I love Lindsay because she's got that rockin' scrunch face going on and Anna's acting is only marginally better than my own!"

5. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Heh, maybe she knew she was going to get the role because she made Hill Harper 'talk' to the top guys to help her get the job. Sorry, hon, that's not earning the job, that's called using a friend to get a role you knew you did a bad audition for and didn't deserve to get.

6. bethybug

bethybug Hit and Run

OMG... :lol: It's funny because I'm a horrible actress but Anna's acting seriously is only marginally better than mine. And that scrunchy face she makes really irks the crap out of me.

7. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

She obviously forgot to mention this very important tip to the students: 'It's not what you know, but who you know...' Strange how she revealed that she had go through several preliminary rounds instead!!! Or does this quote translate as the aforementioned saying?

8. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I can't say I took career advice from my third grade teacher :lol:

I noticed when I was watching some episodes that Lindsay always has this lifeless fish eyes thing going on. You see it even more if you pause it, it's almost like you caugh her in a trance. No matter what the emotion is her eyes alot of the time are blank. She could be sad or upset but there's nothing in her eyes to show that. She can even have on a smile and her eyes will STILL look blank. Almost bored. If you try covering up all of her face minus the area around the eyes in different scenes where she has different emotions alot of the times her eyes look almost the same. I mean even if you couldn't tell exactly what the emotion was just by the eyes you can still tell that theres something going on behind them. Carmine is good when it comes to acting with your eyes. He doesn't need to contort his face in weird ways to get the audience to understand how Danny's feeling.

From what I can tell her face is telling multiple stories at once(all very much different), and not in a good way.

9. Catwoman

Catwoman Hit and Run

I have to agree...I think my third grade teacher said that I would make a good teacher. If I had followed that advice, you would be reading about a teacher who runs her classroom like a military boot camp. :lol:

Wow, I never really paid that much attention because, to me, her expression always seemed to be either arrogant or blank. She tries too hard, if she tries at all. Whoever said that maybe she doesn't remember to un-internalize her emotions hit the nail on the head. :D

The problem is that I liked her on "Without a Trace". I didn't think she was that stiff or bored, but I guess that was because they didn't give her a lot of airtime. On CSI:NY, she gets way too much airtime. Maybe they should just take away her lines so she can just stand there and practice emoting. :devil:

BTW, thank you all for the warm welcome! It's nice to be with like-minded people. :)

Take care,

Cat

10. althea

althea Lab Technician

11. Catwoman

Catwoman Hit and Run

I believe so. Maybe that's why she was cast on CSI:NY. She thought since she was going to be using a microscope, her acting should show up. :)

Cat

12. althea

althea Lab Technician

That article with her and her husband (I'm sorry I've never heard of him am I supposed to know who he is?) is funny she certainly thinks she is the business. Which I really contest for so many reasons I watched the episodes Hung Out to Dry from Season 3 and they give Miss Monroe the closing line at the end of the show which is the real clincher of the story that the murderer has escaped and she comes off delivering it without life and so bloody dull that if it was intended to shock me it REALLY did not work. And another thing can we find that third grade teacher of hers and give her a piece of our collective minds?

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Her acting must be so "internal" that it never quite makes it to the exterior. :lol: :rolleyes: *snort*

I didn't see her on WaT, but I did see her on MI, and she was better than she is on NY. Not great by any means, but fine. Much, much better than on NY. So I don't know if she's just not putting in the effort or doesn't care about the character, but watching her wooden, clunky acting really does detract from the show.

14. Catwoman

Catwoman Hit and Run

She was decent in WaT, not great, but certainly better than NY.

How sure are we in the knowledge that Danny is getting his brass set back from the psycho, Montana? God knows he needs them, but, judging by that silly promo pic, it doesn't look like that information is correct. :(

Cat

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^There's actually been nothing confirming that, actually. :( The interview Carmine did where he said he'd heard talk that Danny would discover Lindsay "wasn't all she thought she'd be" was given before he'd seen any scripts. So I think at this point we're just hopeful that the Dindsay relationship won't overshadow Danny's development this season. Carmine did e-mail someone saying the old Danny was going to be back in s. 4, though, and that was just recently, so hopefully that's the case.

That aspect of the promo pic is just silly and further proves that Lindsay really is in the show only to be Danny's love interest. She doesn't have any real purpose on her own outside of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.