Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top41 said:
That aspect of the promo pic is just silly and further proves that Lindsay really is in the show only to be Danny's love interest. She doesn't have any real purpose on her own outside of that.

And that is just sad because the show, and Danny for that matter, is more than Dinsey. Arg! :mad: Well, we have 5 nights to go through and then we will know a little something more. I can't wait anymore! :)

Cat

OMG...I feel like I'm gonna vomit. I saw the 'perfect heart' promo. Why does the whole Dinsay romance have to be the center of attention? Oh wait. I know. Because if they didn't have a romance between Danny and Lindsay, there would be nothing to prop Anna. Silly us. THinking good actors don't need to be propped with idiotic, implausible romance storylines.

^So true. If it weren't for Dinsey, would anyone know who the hell Anna was? It's hard to believe she once shared the screen (however terribly) with Hill Harper in...Oh man, it's on the tip of my tongue and I can't think of it. It was the show with Joey "Pants" Pantellano. I hate being blonde at moments like this. Anyway...I knew that Hill was going to go far. I didn't know that the whiny girl with him would too. Oh well. Thus is Hollywood. Speaking of, why do they promote the hell out of Dinsey and leave Hill out in the cold? If I had a guy with degree from Harvard working for me, I'd make him the face of my show. But what do I know. :)

Cat

I'm not surprised that the clue about Lindsay's character would have to do with Danny (*cough*clinging?*cough*), but I am disappointed that the clue about Danny's character is just that. We see Mac and Stella illustrating something relevant to their jobs, Adam seems to be hinting at his knowledge of computers and technology and whatnot, Hammerback has an x-ray (it looks like), which is relevant to his job. Flack has a gun--relevant. Hawkes has...something, but I'm sure it's relevant.

Danny and Lindsay are sharing a sandwich.

*sigh*

I'm hoping that I can watch the premiere and ignore Lindsay's presence altogether. What makes me sad is that my interest in Danny might continue to wane if there's nothing to him beyond her. Maybe if I saw some actual, legitimate reason to think they're in love, or why he'd want to be with her, but I don't.

I hear you FAYLINN. Danny used to be such a great character and then they put him with Lindsey and all character development for him ceased. Here's hoping that they realize what a goldmine they have in Carmine's talent and start writing for him. Speaking of goldmine, Hill and Eddie need some lovin too. THey need to stop trying to develop a character for the talentless wonder that is Anna Belknap and start writing some character development for Danny, Hawkes and Flack.

bethybug said:
I hear you FAYLINN. Danny used to be such a great character and then they put him with Lindsey and all character development for him ceased. Here's hoping that they realize what a goldmine they have in Carmine's talent and start writing for him. Speaking of goldmine, Hill and Eddie need some lovin too. THey need to stop trying to develop a character for the talentless wonder that is Anna Belknap and start writing some character development for Danny, Hawkes and Flack.

It really would be great to see development for Hawkes and Flack. Presumably they made Hawkes a CSI and took him out of the morgue to give him more screen time and yet I feel like he has gotten less than he would have had he stayed an ME. (As an added bonus for me maybe they wouldn't have brought Peyton on. Although they wanted a love interest for Mac so she probably would have showed up anyway. But that isn't really a discussion for this thread.)

In my opinion, Lindsay really wasn't necessary as a replacement for Aiden because Hawkes was moving into the lab. However, I guess we have had that particular discussion before.

It is just so frustrating to me (and obviously to others here) that not only is Lindsay dead weight on this show that we have to put up with, but that she actually takes screen time away from other really good characters.

I wonder if Hill regrets recommending her for the show? Or resents that she gets more screen time than he does?

^If he does, I'm sure he's way too much of a gentleman to say it.

Catwoman, I've never seen The Handler--how was she on that? Better or worse or about the same as she is on CSI: NY?

bethybug-- :lol: at "talentless wonder" :D

I have a feeling at least Flack will get more to do this year--hopefully Hawkes will as well. The less screentime Anna has, the better.

So. I guess most of you have seen the promo picture? It made me laugh, I'll tell ya that. I smelt cheese all the way from this side of the world, and I am literally on the other side of the world from LA. :lol:

Fear not, people, I believe not all hope is lost. Lindsay has become greatly detrimental to Danny's character development and drags down the dynamics of the entire team on the show, we agree on that. So there's the new promo pic where, of all things TPTB decided to concentrate on, it's Danny and Lindsay sharing a sandwich.

Zuiker said to read between the lines, right? Well, there's a lot more going on than what Zuiker talked about. Of course he's going to yap about the ship ... it's a sad, sad thing to know that's about the only thing TPTB believes is worth promoting for the show. You just know things aren't going well when that happens.

So Lindsay is grabbing Danny by the toes. The key description here being, Lindsay is the one doing it, not the other way around. In the past season, we saw Danny chasing after Lindsay (and I'm afraid to say, not very convincingly either). This upcoming season, it seems Lindsay is going to cling onto Danny ... and not in the good way people might think. Remember Carmine's, "Danny's going to find out Lindsay's not all he thinks she is."? Yeah. Me thinks she's going to become mucho possessive and show an ugly side of herself.

Danny and Lindsay sharing the sandwich? It's a casual thing, and to me, it says that's what Danny feels about them having had sex at his apartment. Casual. For all of Zuiker's soapy blabbering about the 'heart', me thinks things are not going to go well for the ship for long. Remember that 'bump in the road' Danny and Lindsay are going to face? Yeah, if Zuiker's destiny dashed comment turned out to be nothing, for all we know, this little bump will turn out to be one giantass meteorite that blows things sky high for good.

Even in the promo picture, there's latent conflict going on, if you know how to read between the lines.

Kimmychu said:

Even in the promo picture, there's latent conflict going on, if you know how to read between the lines.

Well.. that's true. She's the one grabbing him. And Flack is holding a gun! :devil: :lol: :lol:

Keep going, reading you made me feel better. :p

What if this bump in the road is actually a bump in the road. Say Danny accidentaly hits Lindsay when he's going to a scene because she decided to cross the road out of nowhere while reading a book & happened to walk right in front of his vehicle. So your boyfriend just ran you down. That could cause problems in your relationship.

Eventually Lindsay blames Danny (dispite the fact that it was her fault) and Danny get's all pissed & is all "ARGH shut up!!! Who walks around NYC with their nose in a book!?!?!? WHO???? YOU"RE AN EMOTIONALLY CHALLENGED BLOB OF USLESS!!!!!! I can't do this anymore, pretending I can stand you... plus you're a tad boring in bed".

Lindsay then becomes bitter towards everyone in the lab because not only has Danny broken up with her but she now must do desk work until the pins in her arm heals (from the accident). No one really like being around her anymore & soon after Mac fires her because her "negative energy was polluting the labs aura".

Fin.

What? I can dream. :lol: :lol:

LMAO at your dream WHOSLAUGHINGNOW. "....plus you're a tad boring in bed." OMG...I shouldn't be up this early. It does strange things to my brain.

Kimmychu said:
So. I guess most of you have seen the promo picture? It made me laugh, I'll tell ya that. I smelt cheese all the way from this side of the world, and I am literally on the other side of the world from LA. :lol:

Fear not, people, I believe not all hope is lost. Lindsay has become greatly detrimental to Danny's character development and drags down the dynamics of the entire team on the show, we agree on that. So there's the new promo pic where, of all things TPTB decided to concentrate on, it's Danny and Lindsay sharing a sandwich.

Zuiker said to read between the lines, right? Well, there's a lot more going on than what Zuiker talked about. Of course he's going to yap about the ship ... it's a sad, sad thing to know that's about the only thing TPTB believes is worth promoting for the show. You just know things aren't going well when that happens.

So Lindsay is grabbing Danny by the toes. The key description here being, Lindsay is the one doing it, not the other way around. In the past season, we saw Danny chasing after Lindsay (and I'm afraid to say, not very convincingly either). This upcoming season, it seems Lindsay is going to cling onto Danny ... and not in the good way people might think. Remember Carmine's, "Danny's going to find out Lindsay's not all he thinks she is."? Yeah. Me thinks she's going to become mucho possessive and show an ugly side of herself.

Danny and Lindsay sharing the sandwich? It's a casual thing, and to me, it says that's what Danny feels about them having had sex at his apartment. Casual. For all of Zuiker's soapy blabbering about the 'heart', me thinks things are not going to go well for the ship for long. Remember that 'bump in the road' Danny and Lindsay are going to face? Yeah, if Zuiker's destiny dashed comment turned out to be nothing, for all we know, this little bump will turn out to be one giantass meteorite that blows things sky high for good.

Girl, I want to believe every single word you said. Your post gives me hope, as well as Carmine's reply to my email. I definitely don't want to smell that cheese for the whole season!

I know I'm probably gonna regret it, but does anyone know where i can find this promo pic? I need to see this train wreck for myself....=P

Oh...ignore that last post.

I've seen it.

"her toes grabbing the cuff of his jeans shows their love for each other"

Gag me.

She is the one grabbing him, which is interesting. Maybe Kimmy's right and that she will get possessive/jealous. Danny does get hit on a lot (not to mention his best friend stares at him like he's a tall drink of water in the desert ;) ). And we know Lindsay has a psycho side--see "Stealing Home."

Maybe Danny will ended up tied up in the bathtub by the end of the season. I know who can rescue him... :lol: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back