Why Lindsay Must Stay!

I agree with PSG :D

But I just thought that the anna/Lindsay thread was the sort of 'Lindsay Must Stay' thread because...?!?!

I agree that Lindsay is a feisty character, she can definitely hold her own and she's not afraid to get in there and do the dirty work like she did in the third episode of S2 and in that episode where she gets into the pool of lube. She doesn't complain about it either which I like.

She doesn't complain about it either which I like.

The way I see it Lindsay complains too much and that is one of the reasons I don't like her. She complained in one of the first episodes because Mac sent her back to the lab; she complained another time to Danny about being stuck with the jobs nobody wants and even as recently as this season, before she had her "I rock" scene, while she didn't verbally complain when Mac told her she would have to find the combination of chemicals by trial and error, she definitely looked like she was annoyed at having to do her job. There were other times as well.

Well my opinion most people don't likes parts of their jobs, so I think it's okay if she doesn't like some of it. Hey I wouldn't ether! :lol:

Nobody likes every aspect of their job. But Lindsay is the ONLY character on CSI: NY to continually complain and flat out refuse to do her job when she gets uncomfortable.

You didn't see Danny walk off the job in HNA because he found out he'd be investigating in Kindergarten classes and toy stores. He is traumatized by what happened to Ruben, but he's still professional and able to man up and do his job.

Lindsay acts like a spoiled brat who's defying her parents whenever she doesn't want to do something. In my book that's not something Mac Taylor and Stella Bonasera would tolerate, so I find it really unbelieveable that Lindsay is supposed to be a valued member of the team.

Lindsay must stay to provide long, hard-to-follow expositions that are so drawn out they sometimes even frustrate Mac!

Lindsay must stay to remind us that people who are Not From New York do in fact work in New York! At least one Montana reference per episode should do it, bonus points for more.

Lindsay must stay to remind us that not all CSIs are empathetic. She can give bad news to fathers all day!

Lindsay must stay to show us the importance of brownnosing. Leave the work to a colleague until it becomes apparent that the case personally relates to the boss, and then by all means, jump in!

Lindsay must stay to remind us that complaining can get you out of tasks, especially if the person you complain to is a sweet guy who likes you.

Lindsay must stay to show us it's okay to yell at a superior, if you're having a bad day.

Lindsay must stay to leave crime scenes if they don't suit her.

Lindsay must stay to show us that it's possible to be thoroughly unlikable and still land the hot guy at work (never mind if the hot guy has self-esteem issues that cause him to trust those he shouldn't and seek out people who hurt him).

Lindsay must stay to remind us again and again that it's All About Her, whether it be because her boyfriend is in pain (mentally or physically, it makes no difference! It's still All About Lindsay), she wants to be at a crime scene, she doesn't want to be at a crime scene, she thinks she's right about something (regardless of what that silly evidence says!)...just remember, in Lindsay's mind, the world revolves around her, period. All other people and things are incidental.

And for my final one...Lindsay must stay because NY has a huge insect problem and, well, someone's got to eat them! :lol: ;)

And for my final one...Lindsay must stay because NY has a huge insect problem and, well, someone's got to eat them! :lol: ;)
That made me LOL. :lol: Too bad she doesn't like rats too. :p

Well my opinion most people don't likes parts of their jobs, so I think it's okay if she doesn't like some of it.
I totally agree with that however, it becomes a problem when she whines enough about it that somebody else has to do it for her. Lindsay chose this job, it didn't choose her. If she can't do all aspects of her job, she should find another one.

she's not afraid to get in there and do the dirty work like she did in the third episode of S2 and in that episode where she gets into the pool of lube.
I don't know whether she was afraid to do that or not but she didn't have much choice to do it. Mac certainly wasn't going to do it and I doubt he would have put up with whining. That makes me wonder if he knows about the other times when she didn't do her job or when she left the scene in Silent Night. I'm assuming that Stella didn't tell him that. I can't see Mac just letting crap like that go. If that was Danny, Mac would be all over his ass telling him he had to do all aspects of his job whether he liked it or not.

I agree, there hasn't been much evidence this season, that they are together, but it's just begun,
From what I read in other threads, they've been building on this for over two seasons and we all know they've already had sex (on a pool table no less, not a bed) so, what's the reason we've seen no proof? They barely act like they tolerate each other this season. They had a lot more interaction in season 2.

Top, I love your "Lindsay must stay" list. ;)

Lindsay must stay so we can continue to watch them prop her up with our favorite characters. (Using Danny was bad enough but now it seems they're using them all in their lame attempt to persuade us to like her.)

she's not afraid to get in there and do the dirty work like she did in the third episode of S2 and in that episode where she gets into the pool of lube.

She might not be afraid of it but she sure doesn't waste any time in whining and complaining and trying to duck out of it, like a 13 yearr old in detention.

I'm sure there's probably one or two decent things about Lindsay but I don't think bringing her work ethic to light is going to win any votes.

I don't understand why people don't like Lindsay!! She hasn't done anything wrong at all. Personally I think she is one of the best characters on the show! She is strong and sweet and she is with Danny!! If you are hooked up with Danny, that certainly makes her totally awesome!!! :D :D :D
Well even more awesome then before!!
WE LOVE LINDSAY!! :D :D

Top, I love your list! :lol: Let's also add:

Lindsay must stay to push characters that were there before her to the background. (Sheldon, anyone? Especially in season 2 when he should have been a rookie too.)

Lindsay must stay to insult more minor characters about being 'socially awkward'--even if she herself is socially awkward.

Lindsay must also stay to demand that said minor characters do their jobs more quickly because she wants the results Right Now and she somehow has the right to harass them. ("Live or Let Die", perhaps?)

Lindsay must stay because, even though kids don't seem to connect with her, dogs surely do.

Lindsay must stay because who else is going to be rude to innocent people who don't have any logical reason to be suspects?

Lindsay must stay because she proves that characterization is fluid and you can become a completely new person as often as you change your hair. (Tough, sports-loving chick in season two to comic book-loving science geek in season four, anyone?)

And finally:

Lindsay must stay because she proves that dating a hot guy does make you more likable.

THAT's the thing that bugs me. The fact the writers seem to be doing things too her/around her to try and make us like her. If she was a strong character, they wouldn't have to force things to make us like her, we just would becasue she plays a good part.

I find it annoying that they just seem to be giving her every possile stroy line to try and gain a positive reaction; they are trying too hard and I don't like her any more. I used to but, for me, she's gone down hill.

NZGirly said:
how! She is strong and sweet and she is with Danny!! If you are hooked up with Danny, that certainly makes her totally awesome!!! :D :D :D

Heh, I find it funny that this pretty much describes the main problem I have with her.

The writers or execs or SOMEONE seems to think that getting in Danny's pants automatically makes a good character and I find that insulting to my intelligence.

If she were ACTUALLY a good character, I'd be able to empathize with her on SOME level. I'd be able to enjoy the character for some reason that DOESN'T have to do with another character. She'd be well written enough to not need to depend on the show's resident hot guy to have any value at all. If anything being with Danny hinders her chances at ever being developed into a worth while character.

ETA: "Pairing someone with Danny makes them awesome" says to me it doesn't matter who Lindsay is or what kind of person she is because being with Danny guarantees her a pass.

By that logic Danny could be with any psychopath, and they'd be seen with rose color glasses because if Danny decided they were worth sleeping with, that must mean they're eligible for sainthood.

Faylinn said:
Lindsay must stay because she proves that dating a hot guy does make you more likable.
That is a terribly frightening philosophy, in a welcome-back-to-junior-high kind of way.

Others have already said this, but I gotta say it too.

I find it amusing/mind boggling that saying "Lindsay is great because she is with Danny" is supposed to be interpreted as something positive about Lindsay or some sort of insight into Lindsay's character or her portrayal.

It says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about Lindsay or Anna Belknap and EVERYTHING about Danny and Carmine Giovinazzo. I take that back. It says that Lindsay and Anna Belknap are so non-descript that Danny's and Carmine Giovinazzo's popularity can make some people believe anything.

Back