Why Lindsay Must Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showtime said:
In the three shows I've seen her in -- one show having her tide over into two episodes -- she made the same mistakes. Anna Belknap can only fit into one role, it seems, and she hasn't yet found it.

I'm seriously thinking it's the theater. The acting in theater is much more mannered and stylized. I just don't think she can do television--she's too unnatural.

abc said:
Spoilers!

Lindsay is found dead in a off-location studio. Hammerback is in charge for her autopsy and rules that her death was caused by un-justifiable acting and horrendous expressions.

Is this a good thing? :confused:

Source: Anonymous

I love you! :D That was awesome! :D

That spoiler sounds spot on to me. ;)

abc said:
Spoilers!

Lindsay is found dead in a off-location studio. Hammerback is in charge for her autopsy and rules that her death was caused by un-justifiable acting and horrendous expressions.

Is this a good thing? :confused:

Source: Anonymous

Abc , let me be the second to say that you are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Top if theater is her element then a Little Bunny Foo Foo production should be a breeze.

Ali

All of a sudden I feel so loved! :D

The interrogation scene with Lindsay, Danny and the limo driver seemed so fake, unreal.

Something like that is not needed on a hit franchise.

:lol: ABC , that spoiler cracked me up!!!!!!

I will say that even though I was mildly pleased that she showed a bit of emotion in last night's episode, it still hasn't convinced me to have her stay.

abc said:
All of a sudden I feel so loved! :D

The interrogation scene with Lindsay, Danny and the limo driver seemed so fake, unreal.

It did. I could actually see the wheels turning in her head, like she was consciously building up to the moment when she storms out. It should have seemed natural, but it didn't at all. You can't paint by numbers when you're doing television acting.

Something like that is not needed on a hit franchise.

Agreed--sloppy casting is a bad sign.

Guys - dragging this back into the debate it started out as - if they're unlikely to get rid of her fully, what can they do with Lindsey to improve this situation?

Lyn said:
Guys - dragging this back into the debate it started out as - if they're unlikely to get rid of her fully, what can they do with Lindsey to improve this situation?

Leave her next to Frankie's dead corpse. :D

abc said:
Lyn said:

Leave her next to Frankie's dead corpse. :D

*sighs* I know I'm a killjoy, and I know how you feel about her, but this works both ways. We can't criticise other people for not backing up their arguments with valid points and then have the thread reduced to going "Wouldn't it be funny if Lindsey died, hur hur".

I wasn't saying Lindsay dying, if that's the impression you got. If you're a Lindsay fan and can't take the fact that some of us here want Lindsay gone I suggest you leave the thread to avoid any arguments.

In my opinion Lindsay needs to take a back seat next season. The writers need to let her character develop and build a rapport with the other characters. I would love to see Lindsay with Hawkes and Stella more just to see how varied an ability Anna has, at the minute all we get are scenes with either Danny or Mac. Perhaps if she were given a little less screen time it would allow her character to devlop and help her interactions with the team seem less strained.

abc said:
I wasn't saying Lindsay dying, if that's the impression you got. If you're a Lindsay fan and can't take the fact that some of us here want Lindsay gone I suggest you leave the thread to avoid any arguments.

1) Try reading back through the thread. I'm not a Lindsey fan.
2) My point is, the content of this thread has mainly been debate. It's currently not. I don't think it helps to criticise people for doing something, then do it ourselves.

I like Lindsay, but in last night's episode, the acting wasn't the greatest.

Next week's episode is centered around the character, is it not? I'm looking forward to see how she does. Maybe she was just having an off episode...who knows.

For those who don't like Anna on this show, have you seen her in any other shows/projects? Just curious.

BittenByTheWolfe said:
Lyn said:

Enroll Anna in acting lessons.

I would have kinda hoped she'd had them already. Maybe she'll do something over the summer that will improve things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back