Why Lindsay Must Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
*chants bring back Daniel*
I do think he will probably be back in a future episode! I mean Shane Casey broke free (still wondering how he did) so why can't Daniel! If he finishes the job I'll provide an alibi for him! Sounds like a fair deal.

It's not just the scrunchy face, AB also makes this weird sort-of swallowing grunty noise at the end of a phrase which she seems to believe indicates emotional confusion on her part. She did it when she told Danny effectively to b*gger off, as if it implied an otherwise unstated depth of emotion....

Top41 said:
Daniel Katums has business to finish. :p Think about what an exciting finale that would make! Katums escapes from jail, the CSIs are working some other case, and in the midst of it all, just as they crack the other case, boom! he shows up and fires his gun and we never have to see the scrunch face on CSI: NY again--well, save for the inevitable death scene where she says goodbye to Danny.

Or hey--Katums could come in and shoot Lindsay just before she and Danny are about to get down to business, sparing us all the most awkward love scene in the history of television. :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHA i love that idea!!! that would be perfect...no more Lindsay, and a nice story to go with it =]

hehe :devil:

but i hope in that death scene we dont have to see Danny crying and sobbing over Lindsay...ugh...

*cringes* ugh, no death scenes please! Her death should be instantaneous too, so there's no more bad acting. Have Katums shoot her in the back of the skull so she'll never know what hit her. And make sure it's Stella on the scene with her and not Danny.

*IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER*

In the above paragraph I am refering to Lindsay the fictional character, not Anna Belknap, the actress who potrays her. I have no personal feelings of ill-will toward Anna, and I don't want her to come to harm. I just simply do not like her preformance, and want her to leave the show.

Carrieattheprom said:
*IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER*

In the above paragraph I am refering to Lindsay the fictional character, not Anna Belknap, the actress who potrays her. I have no personal feelings of ill-will toward Anna, and I don't want her to come to harm. I just simply do not like her preformance, and want her to leave the show.
None of us wish Anna any harm. The only reason Anna's name appears in my post a couple back is that it is her acting we'd be freed of if Lindsay died - not Lindsay's acting as Lindsay is a fictional character, not an actress. But to be absolutely clear, no one here harbors ill-will toward Anna. I wish her much happiness and think she should give the stay-at-home mom thing a whirl. ;)

Me too, I just didn't want the Lindsay fans to misunderstand me. Some of them(but not all!) seems to to get confused and think we're directly attacking Anna when we're not.

I think she should try the stay at home mom thing for awhile, at least until her kid's old enough to go to school.(Of course I have no kids of my own so I'm probably not the best person to be making such suggestions.)

penguinpie said:
Even in "Zoo York", I thought she bordered on a Mary-Sue (oh, she's tough and gritty and smart and pretty, but she has a deep, dark secret! :rolleyes:) Musn't forget, the popular boy is madly in wuv with her.

This might be what horrifies me most about the character, aside from Anna's acting. How did the writers, who came up with Mac and Stella and Danny and Flack and Hawkes, create this tripe of a character, cobbled together from bad fanfic cliches. Seriously, every cliche in the book, right down to a love interest in the main cast!

She reads and acts just like those fantasy-fulfillment Mary Sues do in fanfic--like she's the effort of a hack writer trying to insert herself into the fictional world of a hit show. In fanfic, those characters are jokes. But on the show itself? It's a travesty.

"Scrunch-faced" is the perfect description of her usual face (locally, we would describe that particular expression as "cat's bum"). /end rant.

So MrsG's avatar is actually... Lindsay's face??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol:

Sadly, even the writer's attempts to pad out her character fall short, since they can't decide if she's a perky kiss-ass or an emotionally unstable harpy. We can only hope she doesn't sing or play concert piano, or some such. :rolleyes:

Top41 said:

:lol: :lol: I had to scroll up and have a look. MrsG's icon nails it. Spooky!

Top41 said:
"Scrunch-faced" is the perfect description of her usual face (locally, we would describe that particular expression as "cat's bum"). /end rant.
ROFLMAO! Indeed, out of respect I've been trying to pass my avatar off as a cat's ass, while it is actually the sweet pucker Danny almost kissed. :eek: :lol:

I guess I should be grateful that Lindsay and Danny weren't making goo-goo eyes at each other last night. But I could've done without the Montanna references.

After watching last night's episode, I have a new reason why Lindsay must go. It's just not fair to the actress who plays Lindsay to be kept from the gym. That still painfully bloated face could use a few miles on the treadmill each morning.

MrsGiovinazzo said:
After watching last night's episode, I have a new reason why Lindsay must go. It's just not fair to the actress who plays Lindsay to be kept from the gym. That still painfully bloated face could use a few miles on the treadmill each morning.

:lol: Or fair for us to have to look at that?

Objectively, if she doesn't lose that baby weight, she's not really going to be viable as a romantic interest for Danny, which seems to be her only real purpose on the show. There's no way there could be a love scene between the two when she's carrying that much weight. I suppose what will likely happen is that she'll hit the gym hard over hiatus, but I'm really surprised they didn't hold off on having her come back for a few weeks until she was in better shape. I'm not trying to be overly bitchy here--this is Hollywood, and if there's one thing you can't be as an actress in Hollywood, it's fat.

I know you're not trying to be mean, but they probably filmed this in February, a month after she had the kid. Cut the girl a break! I was a fatty six months later!!
lol

^LOL, I know it's a sticky spot. But seriously, this is Hollywood. I'm surprised they and/or she rushed back, because it seems like they'd want her to lose that weight first. For better or worse, Hollywood is about image, and there is a lot of pressure on actresses to stay thin and fit. It's not fair by any means since the same pressure often doesn't exist for men--I can think of numerous examples where men have bulked up over the years on shows while their female co-stars have maintained their weight or shrunk.

It's more of a neutral observation than anything else, that it could in fact hurt her standing on the show. I'd really rather see her booted for being a bad actress than because she's fat, but sadly the latter puts her job in jeopardy far more than the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back