Why Lindsay Must Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could have been the fact that the victim’s father hadn't talked to his daughter in over a year; maybe Lindsay experienced something similar when she moved to NY.

Lindsay is at her best when she is working on something practical, shooting the bow and arrow in Stuck on you is a good example. However when it comes to big display's of emotion she falls flat on her face, her scene with Danny in All Access after storming out of the interview was painfully wooden and one dimensional.

Lindsay could be a more bearable character if the writers stopped forcing the Danny/Lindsay pairing down our throats and focused more on giving Lindsay and hint of self respect. Her sugar sweet persona could have been pulled off far more effectively had she not been chasing after Danny for most of the season.

The writers have to take a lot of the blame; they seem to have written a one dimensional character that comes off as a dumb country hick, when in fact she could have had the potential for so much more.

In relation to Lindsay's dark past when is it going to make an appearance, I would love to see what the writers would come up with, but judging on the characters story lines so far it is most likely to be something pretty mundane in the grand scheme of things.

I agree that she should get angry sometimes. Everybody does. It's just that they don't balance it out. I myself can put up with the nice Lindsay with a little anger thrown in, when appropriate. It's this whole episode, multiple episodes psycho Lindsay that I can't handle.

^I agree that she needs to show some different emotions, I just wish they were acted and written better when she does. RE her dark past being linked to Stealing Home - if it was TPTB should have made it more overt. I was wondering if there was some foreshadowing of future storylines about that in the ep, but couldn't spot anything.

The problem is TPTB probably haven't even decided what her big dark past is. Maybe they'll make a decision and bring it out in season 3.

And I totally agree that they should stop forcing Lindsay on Danny. It's not working. Can't they just work together and not be romantically linked. People do it all the time. A little flirting is ok, people also do that but the Danny/Lindsay flirting seems to fall short.

Carmine clearly isn't comfortable with the flirting scenes. Poor guy looks like he just wants them to be over. If Danny has to have flirting scenes then they need to bring Det Maka back. Those were good flirting scenes and both actors really enjoyed them.

I'm not so sure even Anna herself enjoys the flirting scenes. She does seemed more enthusiastic about them than Carmine but still they seem so "forced". It's hard for Carmine to pull off and it's hard for me to watch.

I just want Danny to scream "Lindsay stop the flirting crap. It's not working. I'm not interested in you. Got it?"" I would be so happy.

Yes, but if Lindsay goes , 1CSIMFAN, CSI:NY will be two characters short and they can't allow that to happen. They've already lost Aidan.

But if Lindsay goes, they can bring in another CSI and try again. Even if they didn't replace Lindsay they would only be down one CSI. After Aiden was fired (they still had Danny, Mac, Stella, and Hawkes, then they hired Lindsay. Hiring Lindsay took away from Hawkes getting much screen time. TPTB probably had to make sure there was another female in the cast. I think it should have been Det Maka.

Unfortunately Lindsay won't be going anywhere. TPTB seem to like her even though they can't decide on a personality.

^I don't think she will go for that reason. They will have to make it work. They need to build on what little there is of Lindsay's character to suit Anna's acting, drop the Danny flirting business which is best left in the realms of fanfiction for all the reasons given above ^^, and give Lindsay a credible background that will make her easier to empathise with her and like (a few good scenes for her and it wouldn't be impossible). On the whole I think the writing was good this season, with the exception of Lindsay, but being an optimist, I think she can be fixed (although having her fall from the statue of liberty on a sight seeing expedition wouldn't hurt either, and if any of TPTB are reading I have many other suggestions too...)

I personally would much rather have had a mostly male cast that a new character with a half baked back story and no personality. I agree that Maka could have provided a more consistant female balance than Lindsay has.

sarramaks said:
I think she can be fixed (although having her fall from the statue of liberty on a sight seeing expedition wouldn't hurt either, and if any of TPTB are reading I have many other suggestions too...)

I'm hoping she can be fixed. If not, I like the way you think..I have some suggestions too. :p

Any ideas on how she can be fixed? My feeling is that we'll find something out about her 'dark past' early on in season three. I don't think it will be family related, I suspect it will be to do with work, along the lines of being involved in a bad shoot. If they can give her a little more depth and quit the sickly-sweet-but-hard-as-nails they've tried and failed at this season, I'll be happier. Make her work hard/play hard, but sensible rather than irrational. We have Danny for the latter.

^^Yeah, one drama queen is enough and we all know that's Danny. :D

Maybe they can bring out her past and then they can blame that on her erratic behavior in season 2. Maybe once her past is out and her co-workers know, she will settle down and be more normal.

DID YOU HEAR THIS TPTB?? Hope so.

never_a_promise said:
I personally would much rather have had a mostly male cast that a new character with a half baked back story and no personality. I agree that Maka could have provided a more consistant female balance than Lindsay has.

I'm not hearing a bit of male chauvinism , am I , hm?

I highly doubt considering that I am a women who has spent most of my career trying to be taken seriously by my male counterparts.

In my opinion Lindsay is giving a negative image of women out, some of us can go to work and not spend the entire day flirting with our male collegues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back