Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
VThewannabe said:
To the point for me that when i am watching as far as i am concearned what is happening is what these people do in real life, i dont see them as actors making a tv show, i am engrossed in the show itself that for most of it it is real. Yet now with her it is not the same , maybe beacuse i spend to much time here :thumbsup: but i doubt that.

I don't think it is because you spend too much time here, but because you are a smart discerning individual :thumbsup:.

I also like to get into shows so that it feels like the characters are real people doing real jobs and Lindsay almost without fail, will take me out of the show with her subpar acting and poor character development.

Kimmychu said:
All this does is remove a lot of realism and believability, not only from Lindsay's character, but also from any other character who's been used to 'pimp' Lindsay. Kinda like a ripple on a water's surface. The damage spreads further and further the longer this 'pimping' is kept going, and it's already manifested itself so much in Danny's character assassination and to a certain extent, Mac too.

I think you have used a great word for it. The do have the other characters "pimp" for Lindsay and it is very annoying. In addition, if they would call her out on some of the things she does then it probably wouldn't be as annoying.

I think you have used a great word for it. The do have the other characters "pimp" for Lindsay and it is very annoying. In addition, if they would call her out on some of the things she does then it probably wouldn't be as annoying.

I wholeheartedly agree. The things that she's gotten away with, that no one else would get away with, from Mac in particular really irk me. If Hawkes, Danny or anyone else would have left evidence out, especially at the time the lab was being reacredited, they would have gotten creamed.

Then, the other stuff with Stella in "Silent Night" really got to me. At first when Lindsay told her to buzz off, she was stern and appropriate, then, when she started bawling (Unconvincingly) in the morgue, Stella was all gentle with her. I still don't get that. I just don't see Stella namby pamby like that. I think it would have been realistic with Stella saying, "I know you're going through something, but...you need to deal with yourself, pronto."

I just don't get why all of these people are so OOC and deal with her in that way, when she doesn't deserve it. They Cater to her... which I can't stand, and don't understand. She's allegedly a professional CSI in her late 20's/early 30's. So, why does she need special treatment. She needs to grow up and deal with it already! If not...well, they need to show her the door.

I don't know whether it's Anna's acting, the way they've written her character, or both. However, whatever it is, It's way irritating.

privatename said:
I don't think it is because you spend too much time here, but because you are a smart discerning individual :thumbsup:.
:lol: I second this. ;)

I also like to get into shows so that it feels like the characters are real people doing real jobs and Lindsay almost without fail, will take me out of the show with her subpar acting and poor character development.
That's one of the major reasons why I'm a regular poster in this thread. Being snapped out of the show, so to speak, is a big pet peeve for me when watching a TV show, film, etc. The moment that happens, that's it, you're constantly aware you're just watching a scripted show and that it's all acted and unreal, regardless of whether the other actors are doing a good job or not. Really detracts the enjoyment and believability.

Hahah, thank you! I can't think of any other word apart from 'pimp'. According to the dictionary ...

Pimp: One who finds customers for a prostitute; a procurer.

:lol: I guess in Lindsay's case, the other characters are her 'pimps' being tasked to find as many people in the audience to endear to her as possible.

Shytownmofo said:
I wholeheartedly agree. The things that she's gotten away with, that no one else would get away with, from Mac in particular really irk me. If Hawkes, Danny or anyone else would have left evidence out, especially at the time the lab was being reacredited, they would have gotten creamed.
Exactly. Mac was harsh with others, like his blow up towards Adam in front of other people, the way he ragged on Flack about the Taxi Killer's cab, his numerous telling offs of Danny over the years ... so why does Lindsay get special treatment and zero berating from a by-the-book, ex-Marine, first grade detective like Mac Taylor? If TPTB wrote Mac like that in the hopes that the audience would let Lindsay off the hook just because Mac did, that's just bad for both characters.

I just don't get why all of these people are so OOC and deal with her in that way, when she doesn't deserve it. They Cater to her... which I can't stand, and don't understand. She's allegedly a professional CSI in her late 20's/early 30's. So, why does she need special treatment. She needs to grow up and deal with it already! If not...well, they need to show her the door.
Maybe that's exactly why they've written to be so OOC when it comes to Lindsay. Because if they weren't, they'd have shown Lindsay the door ages ago. :guffaw:

That's one of the major reasons why I'm a regular poster in this thread. Being snapped out of the show, so to speak, is a big pet peeve for me when watching a TV show, film, etc. The moment that happens, that's it, you're constantly aware you're just watching a scripted show and that it's all acted and unreal, regardless of whether the other actors are doing a good job or not. Really detracts the enjoyment and believability.

Hahah, thank you! I can't think of any other word apart from 'pimp'. According to the dictionary ...

:lol: I guess in Lindsay's case, the other characters are her 'pimps' being tasked to find as many people in the audience to endear to her as possible.

That is so accurate. Whatever language you use, Pimps, props, whatever, they're still being used to sell the character. IMO, a character should sell themself.

Lindsay is so unbelievable to me, mostly because she pulls all of this drama, and no one at all calls her on it. They DO use the characters as props/pimps to give her something to do and sell her to the fans. Danny is the worst, but he's not the only one. Everyone around her has been so OOC and coddling/catering to her. It's really a distraction, because it DOES snap you out of your fantasy of the show being somewhat real, and say "Wait, X would never do that, He/she didn't do that with Y, so why's he doing that with Lindsay?

Shytownmofo said:
Exactly. Mac was harsh with others, like his blow up towards Adam in front of other people, the way he ragged on Flack about the Taxi Killer's cab, his numerous telling offs of Danny over the years ... so why does Lindsay get special treatment and zero berating from a by-the-book, ex-Marine, first grade detective like Mac Taylor? If TPTB wrote Mac like that in the hopes that the audience would let Lindsay off the hook just because Mac did, that's just bad for both characters.

Maybe that's exactly why they've written to be so OOC when it comes to Lindsay. Because if they weren't, they'd have shown Lindsay the door ages ago. :guffaw:[/quote]

If that's the case, and the writers are writing these people deliberately so OOC just for Anna/Lindsay's benefit, that's just sad. She needs to stand on her own or leave. Because now, the whole drama just detracts from the show.

I mean, Danny, the character Lindsay is so irrevocably stapled to, never gets a pass for his bad behavior, so why does Lindsay? She's nothing special. She's pretty, but she's so totally and utterly replaceable.

If that's the case, and the writers are writing these people deliberately so OOC just for Anna/Lindsay's benefit, that's just sad. She needs to stand on her own or leave. Because now, the whole drama just detracts from the show.
That is part of what baffles me. I guess TPTB really see something in her that I do not because otherwise why damage other characters for the sake of one person. On the other hand, they must think she is a weak actress or think she needs help or they wouldn't be writing it that way.

She's pretty, but she's so totally and utterly replaceable.
Actually, I think she is rather plain but, of course, completely agree that she could be replaced very easily with someone much better. Maybe Rikki will come back having magically become a CSI and when Lindsay finds out she has been hired by Mac at Danny's recommendation, she leaves in a huff never to come back. :lol:

Last edited:

That bugs me, too. When I'm watching, I hate being reminded with bad acting or bad line delivery that it's all just a show. It takes away some of the realism, and that's irritating.

I think I'd actually sympathize with her more if she got chewed out by Mac or the other characters on a regular basis. It would also explore the idea that transferring to a new city and a bigger department isn't as easy as pie. But the whole "Lindsay is awesomesauce no matter what she does!" is just silly and annoying.

:lol: Lindsay's like the ugly, dumpy prostitute in the whorehouse that no one wants to visit. So they pair her up with the most popular prostitute, Danny, who everyone wants a piece of, in the hopes that customers will pay for the threesome special and be so happy they're getting a piece of Danny that they won't care about Lindsay's shortcomings. To some extent, it's worked.

And there is my skeevy metaphor for the day. :lol:

:lol: Lindsay's like the ugly, dumpy prostitute in the whorehouse that no one wants to visit. So they pair her up with the most popular prostitute, Danny, who everyone wants a piece of, in the hopes that customers will pay for the threesome special and be so happy they're getting a piece of Danny that they won't care about Lindsay's shortcomings. To some extent, it's worked.

:lol: That's so true Top

There isn't one epidsode of CSI NY with Lindsay on her own.
There's always Mac, Stella, Danny or name random person with her just for pimping her up.
But the fact is it only shows her shortcomings and her weakspots.
Which unfortunally for TPTB looks quite bad for casting such actress.
Sometimes I'm wondering how a talented actress would handel the character of Lindsay Monroe

Speaking of pimps...:p

I work with kids in improv and today they were learning how to "Pimp" people on stage. And to "pimp" Someone on stage would be to make them do something you know they don't normally do, or have problems doing to get a laugh.

I think TPTB is totally "Pimping" Lindsay if that's the case.

That is part of what baffles me. I guess TPTB really see something in her that I do not because otherwise why damage other characters for the sake of one person. On the other hand, they must think she is a weak actress or think she needs help or they wouldn't be writing it that way.

Totally. Especially because I've never seen her with her own storyline that wasn't helped along by others, ever. Not even one episode. I don't understand why they do that. Especially to the other characters, because every single one that has significant interactions with her is damaged/altered in some way.

She's pretty, but she's so totally and utterly replaceable.
Actually, I think she is rather plain but, of course, completely agree that she could be replaced very easily with someone much better. Maybe Rikki will come back having magically become a CSI and when Lindsay finds out she has been hired by Mac at Danny's recommendation, she leaves in a huff never to come back. :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, I meant pretty in a Mary Sue Girl Next Door kind of way. Not like Aiden,(I hate to bring up the comparisons with Aiden, just because it's too easy) this exotic, glamourous beauty, who was sassy, smart and sexy. Lindsay is really none of those things.

Lindsay is cut from cardboard, and it shows.

Top41 said:

:guffaw: Boy, am I glad I wasn't drinking my tea when reading that! That is one apt metaphor!

Silver_angel said:
There isn't one epidsode of CSI NY with Lindsay on her own.
There's always Mac, Stella, Danny or name random person with her just for pimping her up.
But the fact is it only shows her shortcomings and her weakspots.

Very true. When Carmine said in his last interview with CSI Files that Lindsay was going to have a monologue, we were expecting her to be in a scene alone for the first time. Personally, I had hoped to see how she'd have stood up on her own in a scene. Imagine my disappointment (even though I predicted somewhat that it was too good to be true Lindsay's monologue wouldn't be propped up in some way) when it turned out her 'monologue' was her railing on Danny, and that, again, she needed Danny as a prop to distract viewers from the lack of emoting/believability of her speech.

WhosLaughingNow said:
Someone on stage would be to make them do something you know they don't normally do, or have problems doing to get a laugh.

If it's the latter reason ... that explains a lot! :lol:

Oh, and:

privatename said:
Maybe Rikki will come back having magically become a CSI and when Lindsay finds out she has been hired by Mac at Danny's recommendation, she leaves in a huff never to come back. :lol:

Thank goodness I wasn't drinking tea when I read that either. :lol:

I'm also completely worn out for sitting through this constant chameleoning of her character. One minute she's proficient with some obscure projectile weapon, DESPITE the fact she'd never handled a bow according to previous episodes, and the next minute she's playing up the geeky-girl role, while she'd been the rough and tumble tom-boy not two scenes ago, and the sweet country gal just before that. It's like watching the old 'throw-everything-at-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks-tactic' in action in terms of character development, which really only says to me they don't know what to do with her.

Not to mention, when they try to pigeon hole her into some kind of personality I might otherwise identify with, it's done SO poorly I almost feel offended. I hate that she's acquiring some rep. as being a quirky nerdy girl when her supposedly "geeky" scenes came off as little more than an ultimately flaky attempt to be accepted by her male peers.

Last edited:
Very true. When Carmine said in his last interview with CSI Files that Lindsay was going to have a monologue, we were expecting her to be in a scene alone for the first time. Personally, I had hoped to see how she'd have stood up on her own in a scene. Imagine my disappointment (even though I predicted somewhat that it was too good to be true Lindsay's monologue wouldn't be propped up in some way) when it turned out her 'monologue' was her railing on Danny, and that, again, she needed Danny as a prop to distract viewers from the lack of emoting/believability of her speech.

That monologue really didn't do her any favors. She came off as incredibly unsympathetic--here she was, railing at her maybe boyfriend for what, not grieving the way she wanted him to? Not turning to her? She was both hypocritical (given how she shut Danny out in season three) and downright unlikable in that scene.

What baffles me is that the writers easily could have made her sympathetic by having her find out about Danny sleeping with Rikki. I could have more easily sympathized with her had she been hurt rather than self-righteous.

Who knows? Maybe they're saving that for next season. But the way Lindsay behaved towards Danny after Ruben's death was more of the same--her putting herself first.

Am I the only one to think that Lindsay's like a leech to Danny.

No, you are definitely not the only one. :D She attached herself to him on day one--and the writers attached her character to his in her first appearance--and it's kind of never let up from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back