"Why is it happening to me?" - D/L FanFic

“Where is she?” Mac asked. He sat – together with Jonathan Szabic – in the interrogation room.
“Don’t know who you’re talkin’ about”
“Lindsay Monroe” Mac said and pointed at a photo.
“Never heard that name”
“Better you cooperate. Spending a night here can be really uncomfortable. No bed, just a scruffy mattress. For breakfast you get a dry slice of bread. Perhaps cheese. Not really bright prospects.”
“Yeah, I possibly saw her.”
“Listen to me carefully. If anything happens to her, I get you for that.”
“Okay, okay. What do you want?”
“Tell me where she is”
“I don’t know, really.”
“What I know is that you were in Lindsay’s apartment. You broke in to her apartment, knocked her out and took her away. Right?”
Szabic took a deep breath.
“It wasn’t my idea. I just carried out the task.”
“Who was your orderer?”
“Don’t know him. He called me and explained what I should do.”
“So where did you took her?”
“I took her to an old apartment house. She is in one of the apartments.”
“Where?”
“Water Street. I can show you, if you want.”

“Flack, we have Lindsay. She’s in an apartment in Water Street.” Mac said to Flack who was standing outside of the interrogation room.
“Take some of your guys. And tell Danny and Stella.”
“What happens with him?” Flack asked and pointed at Szabic.
“He’ll show us the way.”
“Okay, let’s go and find Lindsay.”

Mac, Stella and Danny sat together with Szabic in a car. Behind them Flack was driving a police car. He ordered 2 other officers to come with them.

“Here it is” Szabic said. “This building. She’s in apartment 5, floor 3.”
Mac parked the car and told a police officer to stay with Szabic. Mac didn’t want him to with them when they find Lindsay.
“I go ahead. She’s on floor 3” Mac said.

They entered the building and went upstairs. All of them pulled out their weapons. Mac nodded to Flack who knew what he had to do.
With his foot he opened the door and stepped in. Mac, Stella and Danny followed him and started to examine the apartment.
Stella found Lindsay lying handcuffed on a bed. “She’s here.” Stella said and took away the bonds
Danny was the first who came in to the room. He kneeled down beside her and took her hands.
“Montana?” Danny’s voice was broken and tears filled his eyes. He petted her cheek.
“Montana, wake up. We’re here. Everything’s okay now.”
Slowly Lindsay opened her eyes. “Danny” She whispered.
Danny hugged her. “I love you, Montana.”
“You came and rescued me.”
“It wasn’t just me”
“But you’re there. That’s all that counts.” Tears of relief rolled down her cheeks. With his hand Danny wiped them off. He helped her to stand up. She was a bit wobbly on her feet, so Danny held her up.
“You need to go o the hospital. A doctor has to examine you.”
“You come with me?”
“Of course I do. I will never leave you alone again.”
“You’re so cute.”

The others had left the room to give Danny and Lindsay some private time. Now Danny and Lindsay came out of the bedroom embracing each other.
“Lindsay, you’re okay?” Stella asked.
“Yeah, I think so. Danny takes me to the hospital to screen out any injuries.”
“You’re right.” She said and to Danny. “Take care of her”
“I will.” He said and gave Lindsay a kiss.
“You can take my car. I call Hawkes.” Mac said and gave Danny the key.
“Thanks Mac.”
Danny and Lindsay left the building and headed off to the hospital.
“I never thought I could see you again, Danny”
“Don’t say that, Montana.”
“I was terrified because I didn’t know what he would do to me. I was…I was in my apartment and I heard a noise. I saw the open window and I… I knew that someone broke in.” It was hard for her to talk about that.
“You don’t have to tell me, Montana, if it is too hard for you.”
“No, I have to. I need someone to talk about the whole thing.”
“I’m there for you. I always will. You can trust me.”
“Danny, you should know that this wasn’t your fault. I don’t blame you for what had happened, okay?”
“I should have protected you.”
“How? You were in the hospital. You couldn’t do anything for me. It wasn’t your fault.”
Somehow I feel guilty for what happened, but that’s not as bad as the things happened to you.”
“Please, don’t say that. Yeah it was the worst that ever happened to me, but I’m through with this. I’m here with you. That is all that counts for me. I want to spend my life with you.”
“Oh, Montana, you’re so cute. I love you.”

Danny parked the car in front of the hospital. He opened the door for Montana and led her to the main entrance.
“Sat down a moment, my love. I ask for a doctor.” Danny said.

“My name is Danny Messer. My girlfriend was kidnapped and I want a doctor to take a look at her.” Danny said to a nurse.
“Wait a moment. I call a doctor and search a room.”
“Thank you.” Danny said and went back to Lindsay.

“Hey, Montana. She searches a doctor. We have to wait a moment.” Danny sat down.
“Okay, thank you.” She said and leaned against Danny’s shoulder and Danny took her hand.
The two of the sat together silently until the nurse walked towards them.
Danny and Lindsay stood up and followed her in a room.
“You can sit down.” She said to Lindsay. “The doctor will be here in a moment.”
“Thank you” Lindsay said to the nurse who left the room.
Danny took a chair and sat in front of Lindsay. He took her hand.
“I’m glad you’re here with me, Danny. I don’t know what I would do without you.”
Instead of saying something Danny squeezed her hand and gave her a smile.

With one hand she went through his hair and her hand rested on his cheek. Danny took it and kissed it. This was the moment Lindsay knew why she was in love with this man. He was caring and lovely. The fact that Danny was here with her, made her eyes fill with tears.

“You’re okay?” Danny asked worried.
“Yeah, I’m fine”
Suddenly the door went open and the doctor entered the room.
“Doctor Tony Gates.” He said and shook hands with Danny.
“Danny Messer. That’s my girlfriend Lindsay Monroe.”
“I heard you’ve been kidnapped. Did you inform the police?” Gates asked.
“My friend here’s a detective and I am, too. We’ve already got the guy who has done this.”
“Okay. Would you be so nice and wait outside during I examine your girlfriend?”
“Honey, I wait outside” Danny said to Lindsay, squeezed her hand and left the room.

Outside, he sat down on a bank. He buried his head in his hands. Only now he noticed how tired he was. The search for Lindsay had taken a lot of energy.
Danny was happy to have her back and now they could start their new future together. He still could hardly realize that Lindsay felt for him. Because of the past Danny had not thought it could be possible. He had almost put up with the fact that the two of them had no future. But it turned out good.

Danny was looking forward to the life he would live with Lindsay, but at the same time he was worried. He would possibly not be able to keep Lindsay away from his past. The last 48 hours had shown that Danny couldn’t leave his past behind. He was afraid that it could catch up with him in the future again. Danny made a promise to himself. He would do the best he could to keep Montana away from harm, although it would be hard because of their job.

Back