Why Aren't You Posting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimmychu said:
Top41 said:
More discussion will make MrsG happy. And we all want to keep MrsG happy. :cool:

That's funny. I thought all it took to make MrsG happy was a certain Italian Stallion. :devil: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Well, you're both right. Keeping MrsG happy requires a combination of the Italian Stallion and peaceful, intelligent discussion by the charming ladies who want to ride him and/or any of his equally hot colleagues.

I'm not sure how many members have ever read and familiarised themselves with the board rules much less read the Mannerly Art of Disagreement guide. But everyone should do so.
Sweet find, Elsie. Thanks for posting that. I just gave it a skim and it's a really useful guide for debate. I strongly encourage everyone to give it a read. I know I'll be going back for a more thorough reading just as soon as I catch up on all these posts. The board is hopping, girls, nice job!

I completely understand what people are talking about with the unnecessary level of Anna bashing around here. The frequent backhanded insults aren't necessary. Posts such as "Eddie was fantastic last week, unlike Anna" aren't really productive. I'd love to see us all work to remove that from the equation without removing well-thought criticism of Anna's performance if someone feels that it's warranted.

Really, it's all about playing nice and posting respectfully, which is something I know everyone here is capable of doing.

As for those who have expressed that they don't post because their posts are ignored or they feel only the regulars are responded to, like Top pointed out, we were all newbies at one point. I still recall very clearly that feeling of lurking for a while and wanting to post, but not posting because everyone seemed to know each other, while I knew not a soul on the board. They only way to remedy that is to speak up and make yourself known. Also, here is a little message board tip -- find a few people who seem to share your same views or whose posts you particularly enjoy and make an effort to respond to their posts. Almost without thinking about it, they'll start responding to yours and it'll grow from there.

There is one other thing that we can perhaps do to make this place a little more welcoming for the newbies. Back in the day, whenever a newbie would identify themselves as such, everyone would be sure to give a warm welcome. I've come to see newbies get their first post ignored though. :( Maybe we can all remember how much courage it takes to make that first post and return to recognizing it properly.

Back in the day, whenever a newbie would identify themselves as such, everyone would be sure to give a warm welcome. I've come to see newbies get their first post ignored though. Maybe we can all remember how much courage it takes to make that first post and return to recognizing it properly.
Very good point--I think we all get caught up in the discussion and don't really pay attention to who's saying what half of the time. I know some forums have a welcome thread--would that be something we would consider having in here? It might start people off on the right foot if they know there's a place they can say hello and we can welcome them properly and make them feel confident before they venture into the more daunting task of posting in moving discussion threads.

Okay, I voted ‘other’, because the main reason I don’t post more often is my shitty English. It just takes me forever to get my thoughts into coherent sentences. I’ll work on it and I’m optimistic it’ll become better with time... :rolleyes:

Very good point--I think we all get caught up in the discussion and don't really pay attention to who's saying what half of the time. I know some forums have a welcome thread--would that be something we would consider having in here? It might start people off on the right foot if they know there's a place they can say hello and we can welcome them properly and make them feel confident before they venture into the more daunting task of posting in moving discussion threads.
See that’s exactly what I’m talking about. When I finally have the post ready, after spell checking three times and changing the sentence structure forth and back, somebody has already posted it. :p :lol:
I think a ‘Welcome Thread’ would indeed be a nice idea. :)

I think a welcome thread is a great idea but those of us who post here regularly have to make a point of going in there and saying hello.

MrsGiovinazzo said:
There is one other thing that we can perhaps do to make this place a little more welcoming for the newbies. Back in the day, whenever a newbie would identify themselves as such, everyone would be sure to give a warm welcome. I've come to see newbies get their first post ignored though. :( Maybe we can all remember how much courage it takes to make that first post and return to recognizing it properly.

I'm a newbie! I'm a newbie! :D

^^ I also agree on the 'Welcome Thread' idea.

And LivingEnd I can relate to your 'problem'. I hate it when my grammar sucks and I'm always checking and rewriting my posts to make sure people understand what I want to say; which, with the limited time I have, makes it hard to post in many different threads.

But posting here is really a great way to practise my English and I encourage everyone to keep looking at it that way too...'practice makes perfect'

ETA
Hi Rad! :) Welcome and have fun here!

I think a welcome thread is a great idea but those of us who post here regularly have to make a point of going in there and saying hello.
Exactly--personally, seeing a new post in the welcome thread would remind me to go say hello. I always like to make sure I say an individual hello to each newbie in GenCSI. ;)

*gives Rad cookies* Welcome, dahling. ;)

Well i chose 'other reason' for the simple reason that i have only just joined Talk CSi tonight :lol: So this is my first post!!!

Have been lurking on the NY thread for way too long so I am taking the plunge tonight. Have found this thread very interesting to read as I have resisted posting for many of the reasons listed - my timid posts may pale in comparison to some of the fab posts on here! And season 4 is not airing in the UK until next year but god bless You Tube and all who share on her.

So thanks for the proverbial kick up the **** to make me post. i am off to post like a crazy woman in the DL thread!!!

Bella363 said:
And season 4 is not airing in the UK until next year but god bless You Tube and all who share on her.

So thanks for the proverbial kick up the **** to make me post. i am off to post like a crazy woman in the DL thread!!!

Well welcome Bella and I hope the butt isn't too bruised :)

i choose other!...the only reason being that i'm most def a lurker and the few times i have voiced my opinion have been in the D/L thread or Anna thread! so that made it hard not to chose the "attacked" one!!

the reason i'm not a regular poster here is cause of the open Anna Belknap hate...simple as...and i'd rather not have it thrown in my face how much of the fan base are Anna B haters!!...i cartainly don't mind them viocing their opinion it's just that it's so often and so strong!!...i mean the fact that there is even a "Why Lindsay must go"
thread made me not want to post at all

now i must say a main concern of mine was that TPTB do visit the site and i was worried it might influence them but it was cleared up by someone that they don't let it influence them sooo i think that makes me feel better a little

And i must say that even as i reply i'm waiting for this to be disected by some non D/L or even non Anna supporter...pointing out that they don't throw it in peoples faces they just voice an opinion

woo i think thats the most ive ever even posted here!! and it's about why i don't post!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back