Why Angell must GO

She is a recurring character, not a featured player. How exactly does she not hold her own in the storylines? She's just there to investigate and leave, much like the other detectives who have been recurrent. She might, in time, become like Adam and Hammerbeck with minor character development, but even if that doesn't happen it will still be okay.

Angell's useless?.. Wow. I don't see how she's useless, even though she hardly gets any screentime, so yeah okay if that makes her useless. or maybe the fact she has snarky comebacks for Danny and Hawkes... hmm?. She's awesome, she's beaufiul and she kickass, and I hope she stays around and continues to kick some ass, and give us some background and flirt with the boys. :D

So far, she has as much, if not more, use than Lindsay, whose only apparent use is as a love interest to Danny.

I don't understand what the big deal about her is. I am not saying she should go, but people are so excited about her, like she is one of the main characters. I see her as just another police officer, there to fill in the role of detective. We really have not seen anything else from her. I really haven't picked up any chemistry between her and danny, so I don't get where that is coming from. I am not really a DL shipper either, I do think they are kind of cute together, but I don't really care if DL happens.

A character's status on the show has nothing to do with fans' enthusiasm. Sid Hammerback is a beloved character, and he's merely a coroner, not a main character. People are excited about him because he's great on the show, the acting is fantastic, the interaction with the other characters is superb--much the same as the feelings about Angell in this thread.

Adding my 2 cents on the pro-Angell side. I enjoyed her from her very first scene when she more than held her own against Danny, Flack & Hawkes. Someone said something about giving them a "look worthy of Stella"...that's it, exactly! Yet she's not a carbon copy of Stella, Aiden or anyone else. I like that they showed her having some very realistic rookie jitters (your very first Mummy would, after all, take a moment or two of getting used to), and of course her not seeing the trip wire, but these scenes were not at the expense of her professionalism, I've never gotten the impression of her struggling, or not fitting in well with the team. (Quite the opposite, in fact).

I'm not saying I think Angell needs to be more fleshed out into a regular character; I think we have more than enough of those, all of whom we fans would like to see get adequate screen time. But as a semi-recurring character, I think she fits the bill just fine.

I think it's time this needs to be brought back up. Anyone with me? I was going to start a new thread but since there was one (even though it was a year ago) I didn't want to do that so I hope I'm doing this right cause if I post a new thread and there is something then....Yea, anyways...:wtf:....I think it's time for Angell to go. She has no character development at all and you know that flirting thing with Flack? Yea, it's cute to flirt and all but don't even go there with a relationship! I mean seriously! Can't anyone meet anyone outside of work? Angell is just so blah, so boring. I'd be happy to not see her again.

I think it's time this needs to be brought back up. Anyone with me? I was going to start a new thread but since there was one (even though it was a year ago) I didn't want to do that so I hope I'm doing this right cause if I post a new thread and there is something then....Yea, anyways...:wtf:....I think it's time for Angell to go. She has no character development at all and you know that flirting thing with Flack? Yea, it's cute to flirt and all but don't even go there with a relationship! I mean seriously! Can't anyone meet anyone outside of work? Angell is just so blah, so boring. I'd be happy to not see her again.

Definitely don't agree, but fair enough. I'd rather see Angell developed as something more than a love interest for Flack, but still think she's far more worthwhile than Lindsay, who's much more of a love interest character. At least Angell was on for a season before the writers decided to start a flirtation between her and Flack. ;)

I don't think she needs to go at all. Emmanuelle Vaugier has done an excellent job with the character, adding her own unique qualities. She has great chemistry with all of the cast, especially with Flack.

I wouldn't even mind seeing her added to a full-time cast member.

I don't think she needs to go at all. Emmanuelle Vaugier has done an excellent job with the character, adding her own unique qualities. She has great chemistry with all of the cast, especially with Flack.

I wouldn't even mind seeing her added to a full-time cast member.

Agreed. I kind of like that idea. :D Doubt it will happen because most CSI shows only have one regular detective, but if it did, I wouldn't mind. :D

And Emmanuelle is awesome! :D

I just think that they could of done way more for Angell before bringing this whole FA thing. What awesome thing are you talking about for Angell?? She really has done nothing totally spectacular as far as I could tell.

Her chemistry with the cast seems to be lacking at this point, I just don't see it with anyone that well. It seemed really forced with Danny, we don't even see her working much with Hawkes or Lindsay, and the whole Flack thing? Don't even get me started. The only person I saw her working well with was Gary Sinise and that's because I think anyone works well with him.

Either make her more interesting to me or just leave Flack as the main detective. That's my personal opionion.

Emmanuelle herself may be an excellent actress and an awesome person, just I don't think NY is the show for her!

I just think that they could of done way more for Angell before bringing this whole FA thing. What awesome thing are you talking about for Angell?? She really has done nothing totally spectacular as far as I could tell.

Her chemistry with the cast seems to be lacking at this point, I just don't see it with anyone that well. It seemed really forced with Danny, we don't even see her working much with Hawkes or Lindsay, and the whole Flack thing? Don't even get me started. The only person I saw her working well with was Gary Sinise and that's because I think anyone works well with him.

Either make her more interesting to me or just leave Flack as the main detective. That's my personal opionion.

Emmanuelle herself may be an excellent actress and an awesome person, just I don't think NY is the show for her!

I agree with everything you said Megan! I've never seen Emmanuelle in anything else that I'm aware of so I don't know if she's a good actress but I don't think it shows on NY.

Has Angell even been in season 5 so far? :confused: I think it's a bit premature to make any comments about her role this season (if the reason the thread was bumped was due to spoilers).

As for previous appearances - I think she has great chemistry with everybody, and she's a spunky, kickass detective who can hold her own opposite suspects and the rest of the cast. Her romantic chemistry with Flack is great, and while I hope they take things slow as far as that is concerned, I think Emmanuelle and Eddie are good actors who will do good things with whatever they get.

She hasn't gotten much individual development, but she has only been in a handful of episodes per season - she's hardly going to have as much development as the main cast members. I'm intrigued by the character and hope to see her more and to learn more about her. :)

Back