Why Angell must GO

JDonne said:
I cannot believe after six brief appearances a character, a secondary recurring character at that has been deemed offensive enough to want her removed from the show. I don’t know if that is desperation and fear I smell in the air or some genuine instantaneous dislike, a bit of both perhaps with the larger share belonging to the former.
I was wondering about that too. She hasn't had an important part in any episode she was in, she has not had a major disagreement with any of the other characters and there's nothing we know of her past yet. I hope the topic starter (whose only post so far was opening this topic :confused:) cares to elaborate more on the fact why he/she feels this way about Angell.
The idea that Angell is only popular because she represents a possible hitch in the Danny/Lindsay fauxmance is insulting though entirely possible
I hope not and I don't think that's the main thing people base their opinion on. She was already like/disliked before the first spoilers about a possible D/A relationship or even a love triangle started to surface.

I'm a D/L shipper, but I also like Angell and that's not suddenly gonna change if she happens to hook up with Danny. Although I hope that's not what they have in mind for her character and that she's, like Top said, gradually built into an interesting character.

dutch_treat said:
JDonne said:
The idea that Angell is only popular because she represents a possible hitch in the Danny/Lindsay fauxmance is insulting though entirely possible
I hope not and I don't think that's the main thing people base their opinion on. She was already like/disliked before the first spoilers about a possible D/A relationship or even a love triangle started to surface.

My statement that it was entirely possible was facetious and the important part of the statement was that is was possible because people hated the train girl after only a 2-minute appearance in a single episode because she dared flirt with Danny.

People did hate Angell before the spoilers made their way to the forum, some because that felt she was an Aiden clone, some because they foresaw the threat to the Danny/Lindsay nonsense, and some for whatever other reason they concocted. Yes, People also liked Angell before news of a possible triangle broke and they liked her all on her own, not as a part of something larger and contrived. One of the reasons she is a character that is worth exploration is that you can actually talk about her past or her motivations without ever bringing Danny into the conversation and that is fantastic.

I'm not sure what people are basing the dislike upon I would love to be illuminated.

Well, I personally like what I've seen of Angell thus far and see no reason for her to go. There are, however, reasons IMO she should stay.

1. First, the practical: Flack can't be everywhere at once, as much as we would like him to be.
2. Emmannuele (spelled wrong, sorry) is a good actress.
3. I want to see where they take this character - I'm already intrigued and would love to see her develop ON HER OWN and not as part of a pairing.
4. She has just the right amount of spunk. When I first read about the character, I was concerned she was going to be the stereotypical tough chick cop, but she's not. I always loved that she was not afraid to tell Mac she was a bit squeamish about the mummified victim early on.

I really hope they will continue to develop Angell, much as they have Sid and Adam.

OK people really shouldn't just assume that the only reason people dont like Angell is because they see her as a threat to D/L. :confused: If we are going to do that the same can be said for people who LIKE Angell..maybe they only like Angell BECAUSE they see her as a threat to DL and like that? ;)

^^OK, then why don't people like Angell? :confused:

Personally, I like her. I don't see her as a threat to DL. I think I've said plenty on how I feel about DL. Angell may have not been in very many episodes, but she's a great character who doesn't need to be attached to Danny's hip to be noticed. :rolleyes:

Even though they're not canon (no matter how many times people say they are :rolleyes:), would I be upset if Danny forgot all about Lindsay and had a relationship with Angell? Hell no, but I don't want Angell's character to be used in some stupid love triangle and then tossed aside.

Angell stands out all on her own and it would be nice if they kept her around as a recurring character.

I admit, I came on this thread and admitted that I wasn't crazy about Angell.

But I have to admit (on my own accord and with out any influences from others)....

That I just don't know her that well. It's not right to make judgements about someone who has only been in 6 episodes.

And the way that I felt had nothing, nothing to do with dl. That can never be "assumed".

Besides the fact that many DL shippers do like Angell, most of her other fans sincerely hope that she isn't used as a ploy in the grand DL scheme. At least, thats my take on things.

I don't want her to have any part of a DL romance. I don't even want there to be a romance, so the less attention they draw to it by not introducing any other characters into it, the happier I am.

Well, we've already gotten that idea out of the way earlier, detdonflackjr. imaguestage offered that viewpoint ~14 posts into the thread, and it was swiftly picked up by the Angell fans. While I like the idea of Danny with Angell rather than with Lindsay, I wouldn't discuss the character on a regular basis if I didn't think she was worth more than that.

Overall, I think that good-old saying fits here:

When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me.

Making assumptions about why any large (or small) group feels the way they do is just asking for trouble, and we've seen that from both pro- and anti-D/L shippers in this thread. ;) Not everyone who dislikes her does so because of what effect she might have on D/L, and not everyone who likes her does so for the same reason. That doesn't mean that nobody feels this way, but I think I've made my point.

Why does every discussion that we have end up coming back to Danny/Lindsay?

I'm definitely in the pro-Angell group.
Me too. I like Maka more than her, but she's still pretty cool. It's nice to see recurring stars. Plus it doesn't hurt that she's gorgeous.
and not everyone who likes her does so for the same reason.
Agreed. I like her because she seems strong and a great detective. Love the interrogation scenes she's in... Even though I'm pro-D/L, I still like her and besides, I don't see what effect she might have on D/L. I like her for her! She's so pretty and cute!

That I just don't know her that well. It's not right to make judgements about someone who has only been in 6 episodes.

I agree vexus.

I'm a hockey goalie. When I struggle in a game/practice people can't automatically assume I'll be like that every single time. Same goes for Angell...give her a chance. vexus is right, she's only appeared in a few episodes so we really haven't seen her all that much.

I think she should be liked for her own merit, not because of danny/lindsey matters. However once she has defind herself more as a member of the team it would be nice to see maybe something small between her an danny like a smile here or a look there, Lindsey would realise how much she like him after all its all about the chase!

She must go.. just because I don't really like her.. But it's not that I hate her, I think she just doesn't fit in CSI NY.

When I struggle in a game/practice people can't automatically assume I'll be like that every single time. Same goes for Angell...give her a chance. vexus is right, she's only appeared in a few episodes so we really haven't seen her all that much.
Well, I haven't gotten the impression that Angell has struggled on the show. We got a sense of her being new (especially in "Not What it Looks Like" with the mummy and the scene where the guy had the trip wire in his apartment and Mac had to pull her out of harm's way), but I've never seen anything that made me think the character, or the actress, was struggling.

However once she has defind herself more as a member of the team it would be nice to see maybe something small between her an danny like a smile here or a look there, Lindsey would realise how much she like him after all its all about the chase!
So basically, she should gain her own merit as a character, but only enough so that she could then be used to make a grown woman jealous? Can't say I'm a fan of that idea.

She must go.. just because I don't really like her..
Well, that's not a terribly compelling reason, if you ask me.

Wow...

Count me in on the pro-Angell side. She has been a consistently good actor from her first appearance where she communicated her annoyance at Danny and Hawkes with a single look worthy of Stella. Emmanuelle showed acting chops in the scene with Mac and the mummy. The actor and the character have both been solid and consistent and she should stick around.

She's not a replacement for anyone: not Aiden and not Maka.:rolleyes: Nor has she taken away screen time from anyone since she has appeared on six episodes out of 18 and has had maybe a total of 30 minutes of screen time, if that much. I wouldn't call that stealing time from even Adam or Hammerbeck. Maybe Peyton ;)

At any rate, I hope she sticks around for a while. I like her sassiness and she's smart, capable, and interesting.

Angell doesn't stand out as a character. She's basically screen filler and can't hold her own in the storylines. :rolleyes: Basically, she holds no interest for me.

I'm hoping the writers flesh out her character a little more, because as it stands, Angell's useless and extraneous. ;)

Back