Who is Dr. Jekyll? *SPOILERS*

After "Irradiator", we have enough information to start eliminating potential Jekylls. He is: a white man, with black or dark-colored hair; of slight build but strong enough to overcome a big man like Langston in a fight; a surgeon well able to perform delicate surgery; and has access to enough cash to be able to pay a man $5,000 to build precision surgical equipment.

That last, in my opinion, is enough to eliminate young Milander, who I never found a plausible suspect anyway. The events of and/or physical description of Jekyll that "Irradiator" provides us with eliminates: Nick, Ray, Archie, Doc Robbins and SuperDave. And, though I hate to say it, I think the jerk surgeon that provoked Ray is probably eliminated. He seemed to be a bit heavier in build than Jekyll.

I had a thought earlier... what if Jekyll is not someone with a split personality (as Ray seems to think), but what if it's two personalities because there's actually two people? You know... like on that one ep of Criminal Minds where the guy was grabbing homeless people off the streets and taking them to that doctor guy who then experimented on them and then killed them? Maybe this guy is more Frankenstein and has his own Igor?

I wouldn't rule Millander Jr out on the money thing alone. There are lots of ways that kids can get that kind of money. Dealing drugs being one of them. But there are other ways. Its most likely not him... it might be that kid who spit on Ray that time for all we know. :lol:

What about that doctor in "Hog Heaven"? The one that was working at the tattoo shop and was unaware that his employee was infecting people or whatever he was doing. Wasn't he someone Ray had known previously?

Last edited:
An interesting theory was presented in the review for "Irradiator". Not sure if it was ever discussed here previously. The theory speculates that perhaps one of CSIs will become a victim of Jekyll. Not actually dying, mind you. More like they were operated on without their knowledge. I could see this theory going in both a unique and very intriguing direction or a cliched and redundant direction. It is very intriguing though.

I had a thought earlier... what if Jekyll is not someone with a split personality (as Ray seems to think), but what if it's two personalities because there's actually two people? You know... like on that one ep of Criminal Minds where the guy was grabbing homeless people off the streets and taking them to that doctor guy who then experimented on them and then killed them? Maybe this guy is more Frankenstein and has his own Igor?

Interesting thought, GregNickRyanFan...if it is two people, then Dr. Langston could still be Dr. Jekyl. What better way to make it look like it obviously can't be him, then to have his accomplice attack him? Also, since his ID was stolen, he could go about his sinister business using his own ID but people would just think it was the bad guy since it was stolen from Dr. Ray. Hmmmm...interesting...

I was just pondering the whole Who is Dr. Jekyl thing and this thought popped into my mind based on what he looks like: Akers, the cop. We know almost nothing about him except that he is a cop, has some kind of cardiac problem, and was upset about being taken off the high profile case when the actress was killed in the season premiere. He could have a medical background for all we know. Also, I thought it was funny that his name was prominantly mentioned in the big Dr. Jekyl episode. Hmm...

Last edited:
Maybe it's Natalie Davis' brother, he always defended her, and is still out there, and he's not a CSI, but someone we all know. ~

Interesting thought, GregNickRyanFan...if it is two people, then Dr. Langston could still be Dr. Jekyl. What better way to make it look like it obviously can't be him, then to have his accomplice attack him?

Haha... they did that in the movie SCREAM with the Billy character. They had the "killer" supposedly kill him... then it turned out he wasn't really dead and was one of the killers. :lol:

I was just pondering the whole Who is Dr. Jekyl thing and this thought popped into my mind based on what he looks like: Akers, the cop. We know almost nothing about him except that he is a cop, has some kind of cardiac problem, and was upset about being taken off the high profile case when the actress was killed in the season premiere. He could have a medical background for all we know. Also, I thought it was funny that his name was prominantly mentioned in the big Dr. Jekyl episode. Hmm...

I thought about him too! But I couldn't remember his name. :lol: I haven't watched "Irradiator" yet.

An interesting theory was presented in the review for "Irradiator". Not sure if it was ever discussed here previously. The theory speculates that perhaps one of CSIs will become a victim of Jekyll. Not actually dying, mind you. More like they were operated on without their knowledge. I could see this theory going in both a unique and very intriguing direction or a cliched and redundant direction. It is very intriguing though.

That's possible. But which CSI would be the victim? Ray was attacked and he's been in the forefront on this case, so it might be him. :shrugs: And like you said, he wouldn't know that he'd been operated on.

I also had another thought. Vartann brought up his son (which we didn't even know he had) in "Panty sniffer"... what if his son is Jekyll? Vartann didn't say what his son did for a living... and he did mention that he was "troubled". Since he's only 21 (unless he's Doogie Howser), he is probably not a doctor yet, but could be a med student.

Last edited:
Good theory but once again Carol M. said "it's not a CSI, but someone we all know", and we don't know or have never seen Vartann's son. Remember when Ernie Dell shot his brains out, and they interveiwed his creepy weird son, so we have seen him. "Mom loved kids and dad loved mom, so they adopted many" He was the only birth son they had, Maybe he's ticked off, because his sister Natalie is incarcerated, and has a revenge thing going on, and then there's little strange Hannah:confused:

Good theory but once again Carol M. said "it's not a CSI, but someone we all know",

:wtf: Alright everyone, I'll say it again and I quoted Carol M. in a previous post in THIS thread.

"it's not a CSI, but someone we all know" is CM referring to who CRACKS THE CASE, not who Jekyll is.

So what does that mean? That Jekyll COULD BE a CSI. :)

I don't know why, but this is getting on my nerves. :lol: Don't make me quote her again. :p :lol: I'll do it, I swear I will. :p

Good theory but once again Carol M. said "it's not a CSI, but someone we all know",

:wtf: Alright everyone, I'll say it again and I quoted Carol M. in a previous post in THIS thread.

"it's not a CSI, but someone we all know" is CM referring to who CRACKS THE CASE, not who Jekyll is.

I don't know why, but this is getting on my nerves. :lol: Don't make me quote her again. :p :lol: I'll do it, I swear I will. :p

Your interpretaton, and everyone has one. I take this as what I posted, and take a chill pill, everyone has the right to post what they think and how they percieve everything on the show. I take what Carol said as "not a CSI, but some we all know", to mean exactly that~ My opinion;)

Your interpretaton, and everyone has one. I take this as what I posted, and take a chill pill, everyone has the right to post what they think and how they percieve everything on the show. I take what Carol said as "not a CSI, but some we all know", to mean exactly that~ My opinion;)

Everyone settle down! :)

Here is the original reference:

"The audience may see Dr. Jekyll before the finale, but not in the context of being Dr. Jekyll," executive producer Carol Mendelsohn hints. She also says the person who cracks the case is not a CSI. "It will be someone that will surprise everyone. It's someone we know who has been on the show in more than one episode."
Of course everyone is free to have opinions and speculate on who might be Jekyll, but in referencing CM's quote, she is referring to the person who cracks the case, not the person who is Jekyll.

Could the person who figures out who Dr. Jekyll is be Sophia Curtis??

God, don't I wish! :lol: I miss me some Sofia. :( But I'm sure we would have heard something by now if she were on set. There were a few rumors back at the beginning of Season 10 that she might be returning, but they were revealed to be false. :(

Everyone settle down! :)

Here is the original reference:

"The audience may see Dr. Jekyll before the finale, but not in the context of being Dr. Jekyll," executive producer Carol Mendelsohn hints. She also says the person who cracks the case is not a CSI. "It will be someone that will surprise everyone. It's someone we know who has been on the show in more than one episode."
Of course everyone is free to have opinions and speculate on who might be Jekyll, but in referencing CM's quote, she is referring to the person who cracks the case, not the person who is Jekyll.

Sorry and thanks, Smokey! I didn't see any other way to interpret what CM said and that was who cracks the case, not who Jekyll is. '

And I wasn't really upset, hence the laughing smileys. :)

Could the person who figures out who Dr. Jekyll is be Sophia Curtis??

God, don't I wish! :lol: I miss me some Sofia. :( But I'm sure we would have heard something by now if she were on set. There were a few rumors back at the beginning of Season 10 that she might be returning, but they were revealed to be false. :(

I don't know if Sophia would fall under the category of "not a CSI" though since she actually was a CSI. That's what made me doubt that it would be Grissom too. And with the fact that Grissom is most likely not going to appear this season, that makes it even more doubtful. Unless he makes an audio appearance via cell phone. :lol: But back to Sophia, isn't the actress on a new show now or about to be? I thought I heard that, but I can't quite remember. :lol:

Sofia [Louise Lombard] is on the new Miami Medical, another Bruckheimer show. And looking at the 'person' who was standing over Ray, they were tall, and she was on the short side. I think it's connected to creepy Haskell, somehow but then again we really don't know. I on the "surprise" factor, means we've all seen this person, like we saw Natalie a cleaning lady on the show, but who was kinda of hovering in the background. maybe it's Icky Ecklie, he's always mad:scream:

Back